Banned from Voobly and consequently can't stream KoTD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2019
I speak for all who do not speak English but we enjoyed this game, many of us started to watch these videos with mario ovalle but we stayed to see it on the river's stream, and we really will not see much more without a caster like river, kotd finish for me today, thanks vobly

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019
Really banning someone for hating racist people and expresing something that is right? What the h is wrong with you guys? U can´t be real!

I´ve watched the stream, and he never said someething offensive to him besides he dislikes him a lot for being racist. You can only blame him for being furious against someone who is an asshole with KKK dreams.

So end of story is: be a racist bastard, it is ok, but do not point it out... nice standars.

Hope nacho gets his acount and KOTD cast back. He does so much more for the community than a guy who makes fun of pepople from a country that is having a rough time or that insults you based on your procedence because he has lost a game. As an argentian (like both Nacho and that racist ugly guy) i would also refused to put the flag representing that guy. First we are persons who love peace and hate all kind of racist behaviour; then we paly or cast.

SAY NO TO RACISM!

PD: ty for reading all this

Aug 31, 2017
This is crucial.

but then again River calling him a racist and a xenophobe throughout a whole stream casting his games in front of a big audience (don't know the exact number but probably ~1k) is as unprofessional as Chris' behaviour.
If the guy is actually racist and xenophobic, why it would be bad calling him like that? I don't get it.

UnknownFunito

May 23, 2008
I watched all the stream, and River was cheering a bit for Viper and someone asked why, and he said because Bl4ck was racist among other attitudes and that he point traded for joining the tourney, and that other guys deserved way more playing instead of him. Just that. I don't know this guys (last time i talked to River was in 2012 and just knew Bl4ck through the stream). And he removed the flag and wrote wrong his name. I enjoyed watching a caster being emotional for good reasons, even more when it seems nobody among the staff stands against this things.

May 7, 2017
I think so River banner to voobly, because he doesn't agree with the attitude racisct and discrimation of Black to the other players, maybe the voobly staff is agree to the racism and discrimation in the game. Is the oportunity of Voobly staff to demostrate that they isn disagree to this attitude in the game

Jul 14, 2015
San Luis
Voobly
__57_Custom_Arg
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Totally unfair decision ... I think: why that Black always have a reason to justify their insults? Black broke rules repeatedly and never had a ban or other penalty.

Like said before, if they are very strict with rules, then enforce rules for all, and not for convenience.

AustraliaManu

Known Member
Mar 5, 2015
I have to agree with nicov. Black being at fault/racist/toxic/whatever does never justify you behaving badly. Having said that, if the justice system (voobly) cannot take the circonstances in account, then the system is broken.

@nelson or anyone else who knows. Does voobly make decision collegially as a team or does someone have dictatorship powers ?

Apr 13, 2018
Puebla
I was reading the entire post and I was thinking about Why Black think can insult Here, just look at Here rigth now, he is insulting and pretending be an angel, this is unfair and ridiculous, and that mod of voobly was rude on the first SS, dissapointed of voobly i brougth the game on steam forma support cuz Nacho salud we can support the game whit these actions...

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
If the guy is actually racist and xenophobic, why it would be bad calling him like that? I don't get it.
Because you're a caster of a tourney, and need to remain as professional and impartial regarding the players competing in it.

Outside your role of caster you can do anything nobody cares, but here he's representing KotD2. Doing that was a mistake on River's side.

That being said, the ban from voobly is stupid.

SpainElChache

Oct 12, 2016
Voobly
El__Chache
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Drama never disappoint, come on guys get back to hamachi or gameranger!
Now seriously, I don't know the story but if River violated the rules as a streamer, he should apologize and maybe then, from the respect, try to appeal the decision of the ban with evidence. I don't know anything about Bl4ck, a lot of people seems to complain about his behavior but that doesn't mean a castar (with a lot of viewers) can incitate hate against him (if is that what happened?) Because it can provoke a lot of people go crazy against that player. You should always consider the damage your words can do when you have a lot of followers as well.
Anyway I think voobly should reconsider the decision, River is one of the pillars that holds this community

Unknowni_am_Rick

Dec 4, 2017
I ask for justice ... this is very outrageous, just an accusation without verifying the grievance ... River is innocent! Where are the evidence of what is accused? they are not because those evidences do not exist! not only do they harm River, they also harm the Mexican, Venezuelan, Colombian community, and all those who suffer from racism ... giving reason to a racist and banning someone innocent

Jan 13, 2019
Riverplation does not deserve this kind of punishment. river have spent many years casting almost all AoE important tournaments. Chosen by escape as official caster for the champions league. We are talking about an excellent person he is not a simple blacks hater. He thinks that the xenophobia does not deserve to be awarded in his channel. I am talking about a Serious issue that millons of people are suffering nowadays. There is a lot of evidence about this xenophobic behavior by Black. He had lost our entire respect because this childish behavior. Voobly should reconsider the way they are dealing whit this issue. Many people, like me, are active voobly users thanks to river's advise and advertising. We find this kind of punishment very ungrateful. I know that no-one has the right to use their position as caster for talking bad about somebody but this isnt the river's case. This deserves to be revisited and the punishment as well. The dying in the aoe world, what the voobly permanent ban means, is extremely absurd for a person who loves the AoE and who has worked as hard and as disinterested as river.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2017
Because you're a caster of a tourney, and need to remain as professional and impartial regarding the players competing in it.
Again, if the guy is a racist, you're not being impartial or unprofessional by telling that to the poeple.

Outside your role of caster you can do anything nobody cares, but here he's representing KotD2. Doing that was a mistake on River's side.
I care A LOT. Being a south american yourself, u should know very well how racism is a huge problem right now, and i agree with river when he publicly conddemn such behaviour.

That being said, the ban from voobly is stupid.
I agree.

Mar 3, 2018
This so outrageous! Racism it's not a joke and players like Bl4ck (and many others) who continue with this behavior should ban from the platform, not the ones who exposed them. I really hope this situation have real solution, not only censorship.

Jan 13, 2019
this behavior on the part of voobly rewarding racism, makes us go back as a society worldwide 30 years ago

say no to racism

unfair trials lead to legitimate protests

UNBAN RIVERPLATION

Aug 16, 2016
What about this guy? so, will you ban every single caster that doesn't agree with this kind of stuff? All of us should celebrate Black conduct? Will you ban every player and caster, trolling, kidding, will you ban Viper, tatoh, nicov, hearttt, mbl, etc,etc ,etc,etc?
1547359216051.png
1547358191216.png

Please Voobly think about this and all the community in South America. You know that thanks to Nacho AOE there are a lot of people here joining the voobly server every single day. #UnbanNachoAOE

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019
I really think the penalty is ridiculous. Obviously if i were caster i wouldn't say that but guys, with a public apologize and private to Bl4ck should be enough... I know a lot of people just play the game because of River, he is a very good person that love what he does and he has been doing a lot for the community. Definitely river is one of the best casters, he keeps the game live at least in latinoamerica.
Please give him a second chance, and you should know the whole history before ban to someone.

CanadaHera_

Known Member
Feb 15, 2018
Voobly
IamHera
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Many people here have come to defend River on the basis that what he said was not worthy of the punishment and that black deserved what was said. We all know about Black's behavior in the past and from what I've gathered River was in the wrong to say what he said in public. However, since I don't know the full story, I will approach this situation from an aoe2 standpoint.

This is the second biggest Spanish streamer in our community. Daily content being streamed and uploaded to YouTube for thousands of fans to appreciate. He even just finished hosting a very successful tournament and I was able to hear his passion when he was interviewed afterwards. This is a guy who belongs in the community and plays a big part in its growth. This ban will severely affect his streaming which I assume is his primary source of income.

To suddenly remove River from the scene for a month seems too drastic a measure and one taken too quickly. Again, I am not defending either side for what they said or have said, I am only saying that the punishment was too harsh, and that it would hurt the community/game more than anything.

I wonder if there is anyway we can reevaluate the situation and find a more fitting solution. I'm not sure if what this Chris guy says is final, but if there is any chance for change I think we should take it. We can't let this go uncontested if we ever want to be taken seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 3v3 Semi Final
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 3v3 Semi Final
DeZu's showmatch $100 TheYo vs Lyx, full 7 games
Saturday 14:00 (GMT +01:00)