Banned from Voobly and consequently can't stream KoTD 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2018
KOTD2 OFFICIAL STATEMENT

We promised that during King of the Desert 2, we would be completely transparent with what we do and the decisions we make. There has been a lot of debate about this already, but we want to make everything regarding King of the Desert 2 completely clear. So here is the official statement from us.

It's important to realise that the whole situation with Voobly and King of the Desert 2 are two completely different cases. Riverplation has been banned from any further streaming during King of the Desert 2 due to a violation of our guidelines. We had access to two very serious videos, both which have been taken down now. We also have evidence of exceptionally hostile and harmful posts made by Riverplation on his official Facebook. Our decision was solely based on this data. We expect a certain amount of professionalism and respect towards the players from our official broadcasters - we will not tolerate anything less.

This decision is final and irrevocable.

Nov 30, 2018
That two videos speak ?? There was only one that was the live broadcast of Black versus Viper, which I saw live. The only thing River did was to say what the whole community already knows, that Black is racist and xenophobic and does not represent him (his country, Argentina) and that's why he did not put his flag. That was it. Apart from enjoying how Viper was troll with Black. That is not enough reason for such a great sanction. Maybe if for a warning. Meanwhile, Black, despite the fact that many people know he is racist and xenophobic, Voobly has NOT yet sanctioned him. Is incredible!! What all this shows is that there are clearly two possibilities: O Voobly supports racism, or option number 2: this is a revenge and rematch against River for previous issues (in fact in a message from an admin it is clearly mentioned that the sanction It's not only what I'm going through now, but River has been inflicting several laws for some time, including organizing money tournaments "without asking for authorization", among other issues, it's more than clear that they were waiting for River to commit the minimum error to shoot him. This is a revenge for money.River is the second largest streamer in America.A lot of people went back to play AOE or watch AOE games thanks to him.Many people bought the game thanks to River.But Voobly prefers to give an exemplary sanction to River before a racist that NO ONE in the community wants, it is INCREDIBLE, and for the one who says "how rare now so many new accounts", wanting to assume they are false accounts, I inform you that the Latino community in your Ria did not know this site, and many created an account for this reason and to give support to River.

Dec 6, 2018
Summarizing:
1. Bl4ck IF has been reported several times but never imposed sanction // Bl4ck denounces River and is sanctioned immediately and drastically

2. They imply that River made racist and xenophobic comments against Bl4ck, which is totally false, it is noted that they did not review the video or tried to translate and the worst of all is that they surely asked the same Bl4ck (or Memb) they translated them and told them anything, except the truth.

3. The behavior of River, was not 100% professional, that must be recognized, at all times it was noted his preference for Viper and avoid mentioning Nick to Bl4ck, but neither was full of insults, or comments raised in tone.

4. Personally, I am very concerned that the platform, in which many of us are reliving this community and this beautiful game, is managed by people as unprofessional and incompetent as Chris @ vobbly, and doing a little research, it is not the first time accuses of it. Put so much desire and in the end to have a prepotent tyrant of maximum dictator?

5. It is a real pity that Voobly or the organization of KotD, have tried to solve this in a much better way and in isolation, the whisp of Crhis @ voobly was cutting and as far as we know, the KotD organization did not communicate with River to present some solution.

Excuse my very bad English

Mad!

Aland Islandskw1k000000

Well Known Pikeman
Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
kw1k
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
There is a reason why SJW don't accomplish anything other than forum posts.

What River did is plain and simple wrong. The professional thing to do would be to NOT cast games involving Black if you hate him so much.

Making statements about Black which are irrelevant to the games being played, not giving him flag are just foolish and childish actions which deserved the treatment River got.

Remember in real life and here as well, it's not a jungle and mob doesn't rule.

Jan 13, 2019
While in BoA where I asked to stream, he just said "nah, you talked bad about me on FB" (Lies again)
You talk about lies but the videos and the comments insulting are still there. Or also have you deleted them to erase evidence?

I don't like where this is going. Was there really all this s***t ?. it seems to me too much drama for such an small community where majority of players are over 25 yo.
Fortunately, this only happens with River. other streamers like Mario Ovalle have never behaved like this, they also have many more followers than River. This is something that is circumscribed to River, in the rest of the community there are no problems.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019
Galicia
Voobly
xXSevenXx
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Second time I write, this time, in English (+ Google Translator).

I saw the video in live, and Riverplation have never made any insult against Bl4ck. You could hear some sarcasm and amusement for how Bl4ck was removed from KOtD2.

I dont think Chris has seen it (much less understood), he just read a copy+paste in a complaint.

Riverplation, is very careful in his publications and videos. Usually receives random insults, but they are ignored and/or deleted, to continue with the good mood.

I hope that Ban will be remove soon, since the Hispanic community will lose one of the 2 most important casters that only transmits in Spanish (and the only one that teaches to play in advanced mode), of course removing TaToH (bilingual).

PS: Think about this ... I did an account in AoEZone just to support him in a language I dont know. Please, values the effort that many Hispanics make to see him again.
You have to understand that someone cant be judge different to other just because he did something usefull for the community. Is like you saying that a businessman can not be judged similar to other people just because he creates employment.

Jan 13, 2019
Galicia
Voobly
xXSevenXx
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
But there is a thing that I absolutly miss on Voobly and it is a report system, which could be something like that:

-First Report: Nothing happend (everyone can have a bad day).
-Second Report: The reported guy should recieve a message (copy-paste) telling him that he was reported and he must change his actitude or he will be banned.
-Third Report: 1 week ban (for example).
-Fourth Report: 1 Month ban.
-Fifth Report: Perma.

With something like it there wouldnt be discussion about if the voobly mods are "disctators" or something like that and would be garanteed bans to everyone that deserves them.

Voobly should add something like that as soon as possible.

SpainPoxo

Champion
Oct 27, 2012
Madrid, Spain
Voobly
Poxo
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Fortunately, this only happens with River. other streamers like Mario Ovalle have never behaved like this, they also have many more followers than River. This is something that is circumscribed to River, in the rest of the community there are no problems.
Please, "TheTruth" stop, I don't know what's your point on this post but harming River to the point that nothing else matters, at this point you are just spreading lies that show how uninformed you are.

If you knew a little more about the community you would know that there have been multiple problems inside the community related with streamings and money.

I don't want to say that newcomers opinnions matter less, as they matter the same, but newcomers usually know much less than those who have been here for years. If you don't know something because you weren't there don't make it up, and if you want to learn something from the past try to inform yourself from different points of view of what happened.

-

About the real topic here that concerns us:

It is known that I've been working with River till 3 weeks ago to make WC2vs2 real, however, I'll try to be as neutral as possible and express my opinion.
How River has planned the WC has showed me that River's main intention is to have the best show he can provide, allowing streamers to stream allmost for free and being flexible to help small streamers to cast aswell. He invested part of his earnings towards this tournament and did not make up for it during it, we might see it as a long term investment from his part, relying on growing a bigger community that at some point would pay off.
In all River's time as streamer it could be said that he lacks some professionalism as he doesn't have as good features as other streamers, and at the same time doens't have the same knowledge that others have, small things that differentiate and show another scale of professionalism. However what he lacks in this matter he compensates it with a closer interaction with his viewers, River is constantly communicating with them, talking not to them, but with them, and providing them with the content they want at each time. This means, he also plays the character they want him to be, if they ask him to be the fanboy he plays the fanboy, if they ask him to check for details and provide a 100% aoe analysis he does it, and sometimes the public wants to be harsh towards someone, it all starts small, but once you have started it's almost imposible to go back till you are done.
To put things in contest, let's remember who is Black, and how did he made it to the tourney. Black is a 'recent' 2k+ argentinian player that in the past months has been playing like a madman to make his rating skyrocket. At the same time he has earned some friends while playing and some haters, to the point of insulting players during games, where those his friends or not. But there's something else on Black's career, Black's knows how to use the Voobly report system, remember the Takatae case, some may say that that was clearly a warning/ban for both, because if you post 30+ times on a player profile provoking the least he is gona say are some insults towards you, in the end Takatae got banned for a month (a combination of spec cheating + public insults towards others) and Black earned to things, he learnt a great lesson, how to provoke a ban on someone and he also earned some relation with Voobly mods. On a recent occasion, just a couple of days previous to TheViper vs Black games, we could read some post about Black being racist towards Venezuela players, this, despite being 'friendly banter' that usually happens after a raging game (I'm not saying I approve it, but's not so rare to have some insults between players when raging during the game is involved), this was the spark of problem.

First, I haven't seen but a few minutes of streaming from River's stream, so I can't judge the whole video, however, even though it hurts me deeply, it's true, River cursed Black during it, and it was public, during an official tournament stream. During his stream, River mainly focuses on Theviper's play, and how he is over his opponent by far, although, not talking about a player is not discriminatory at all. The biggest fault from River was leaving the voice donation open (A user can donate some money and some voice says something during a stream, this has been used plenty times on other streams to curse), a couple of donations were clearly insults towards Black, but as they were playing River was allready asking their users to stop being like that, or he would have to quit them. (A couple of minutes later one of those who insulted apologiced to River for what his chat may cause) However, on the video that I've seen (Game 1) River didn't at any point, coment on Black's known behave, or insult him, he didn't name him (not bannable), he didn't put his flag (still, not banable), showed a superiority by Viper (once again, not banable) and yeah, he wanted Viper to win, he was rigged, but still no insults towards Black. So, how did River curse Black? Well, he laughed at some negative coments towards him. Where those his thoughts or words? No.

I'd like to see the rest of the stream to fully judge, but as far as I know I've watched the 'problematic' part.

So now, how does this continue? Well it's obvious that at this point someone that knows how the Voobly report system works reported River. However, this someone clearly is close to some Voobly mods, as there has been many reports in the past that have taken much more time to get answered, and many times they have ended in nothing. Also all this happened on a spanish stream, so for the top mods to judge it needed a translation. I don't know who has done this translation but for some of us the lack of spanish-english translators on the Voobly admin department is obvious. The way I see it, [email protected] received a report from someone he has trust on and he believed his words, specially when some of them are not that hard to translate, and inmediatly banned River, as he presumably had insulted another user during an official stream. Christ first priority was to avoid having problems with other platforms, Microsoft in this case, and as a company view is just a way of defending himself, avoid legal problems at all cost. Of course the following manners from Chris message are just to harsh, and probably telling River somehow that he had been banned due to A, B, C would have been apropiate in my opinnion, but that wasn't the case.

The natural response from any big streamer is to call up for help from all his viewers, and it has been done in the past by others, those who were there remember the 'signed' flood that came that day. Of course, is not the right answer, the best probably is to get some real comunication between the parts involved and sadly is allmost imposible to happen.

As finals thoughts, Voobly admin team should watch the whole content, translated from someone they can truy trush or by different people and evaluate the whole situation in context, the Voobly COC even though quite clear, is violated on daily basics from many players, as most of the cases are just gaming raging or inmaturity. I hope it happens somehow.

Norway_PkZ_

Administrator
Staff member
May 10, 2008
Voobly
_PkZ_
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
KOTD2 OFFICIAL STATEMENT

We promised that during King of the Desert 2, we would be completely transparent with what we do and the decisions we make. There has been a lot of debate about this already, but we want to make everything regarding King of the Desert 2 completely clear. So here is the official statement from us.

It's important to realise that the whole situation with Voobly and King of the Desert 2 are two completely different cases. Riverplation has been banned from any further streaming during King of the Desert 2 due to a violation of our guidelines. We had access to two very serious videos, both which have been taken down now. We also have evidence of exceptionally hostile and harmful posts made by Riverplation on his official Facebook. Our decision was solely based on this data. We expect a certain amount of professionalism and respect towards the players from our official broadcasters - we will not tolerate anything less.

This decision is final and irrevocable.
Ok, let us let this conclude this and move on...
Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Friday 12:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final