BacT / F1Re - Situation *UPDATE*

Oct 6, 2017
Should've applied for tourist visa in December itself. Guess it would be easier to get that. Anyway, the tournament is only for few days. I remember shegen tourist visa was given in a couple of weeks. You just had to show the hotel bookings and return ticket.
May be they tried it already without success. Not sure if Tourist Visa would be applicable as he would be earning money in Germany (don't know the technicalities).
- lot's of complications and paper work, since Germany apparently is really scared of Vietnamese ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
In any case, Tourist Visas can depend on your country & whether you have traveled to EU before & other factors apart from just travel itinerary. Not to mention you do not want to do something wrong without knowing it that could be on your record forever & might affect your future visits to EU & other regions.

IsraelSjut

Jun 13, 2018
So sorry for BacT. I really hoped that everything will work out in the end. Thanks to Nili and everyone involved for the update and for trying to get BacT to NAC.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
I unfortunately am not surprised that it didn't work out. Hope there will be more LAN events in the future and hopefully BacT will get a chance to participate in one of those (and not face visa issues then). Good luck for F1re at NAC2 and my respect for being willing to act as stand-by candidate

Jun 10, 2012
It's sad, but different from not making it in time or losing some documents. It does not look like any mistake anymore, but a decision of the embassies.

I hope we will not deal with anything similar for any player for the ECL finals.

Thank you for trying and I hope we can cheer up BacT somehow.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
Why is it expected? It’s not as if Germany is at war with Vietnam.

It’s very sad for Bact but hope he wins many of those show matches!
It is expected because the German visa request couldn't be processed due to lost documents and the second attempt was to apply for a Schengen visa via France. However, as BacT didn't attempt to go to France but rather go to Germany, this was a bit of a sneaky attempt that French embassies try to spot and prevent.

Also, I can imagine in the unfortunate current political climate European embassies are rather strict with issuing visas to countries with a potential for economic refugees (and as in Germany there are quite sizeable Vietnamese communities. the authorities might always have that suspicion)

Jan 30, 2019
It is expected because the German visa request couldn't be processed due to lost documents and the second attempt was to apply for a Schengen visa via France. However, as BacT didn't attempt to go to France but rather go to Germany, this was a bit of a sneaky attempt that French embassies try to spot and prevent.

Also, I can imagine in the unfortunate current political climate European embassies are rather strict with issuing visas to countries with a potential for economic refugees (and as in Germany there are quite sizeable Vietnamese communities. the authorities might always have that suspicion)
There are possibly still diplomatic tensions between Germany and Vietnam over the case of Trinh Xuan Thanh, a former businessman , who was seeking asylum in Germany and was kidnapped by vietnamese secret service in Berlin in 2017. This might have played a role as well.

Anyway really sucks for BacT. He played amazing in the 1st qualifier and this would have been a great experience obviously.

Unknownorangereaper

Aug 21, 2014
How about this?

I'm sure there will be NAC3 of some sort in the future. If BACT can't make it to NAC2, he gets an automatic slot (most likely Jordan's spot :frown:). Again, assuming he can get his Visa issues sorted.

Jun 10, 2012
And thus make DauT have to qualify again, it shall be glorious
I think this time it was good for DauT, because he was forced to train well.
For next time, from what many people have said, only one qualification with 2 qualifyers could be enough or depending on what Nili wants one separately for players who need a visa earlier - that might be like an Asian Championship (I don't know right now about African, American possible qualifyers and how hard it is for Russians to obtain a visa).

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16