kw1k
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
When BacT obtains his Visa, he can travel directly to Germany, NOT having to be in France first.
This could get tricky if BacT is coming to Europe for first time. At border control the agent may ask you for ultimate destination and will also ask you for proof of travel document and staying i.e. hotel bookings. BacT won't be having any of that related to France.

Good luck to BacT but Nili is handling it in the most appropriate manner.

Oct 8, 2010
This could get tricky if BacT is coming to Europe for first time. At border control the agent may ask you for ultimate destination and will also ask you for proof of travel document and staying i.e. hotel bookings. BacT won't be having any of that related to France.

Good luck to BacT but Nili is handling it in the most appropriate manner.
Bact was in Maldives during that Aoe tourney once, also his passport should have UAE visa for War Is Coming.

NorwayMoonspring

Nov 7, 2016
Voobly
Moonspring
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Now Viper isnt streaming, his showmatches will make Nilis channel the place to be. Really looking forward to all the showmatches.

Unknownmogers87

Feb 26, 2017
Nili, for Vietnamese citizen, applying for French tourist Visa is the easiest way to go to Schengen countries. When BacT obtains his Visa, he can travel directly to Germany, NOT having to be in France first.
This is not the greatest idea. My non EU coworkers living in the UK that got Schengen visas to France (because it's the easiest), but went first to other countries like Belgium or the Netherlands got many questions at the border. It was also implied that they could have been denied entry.

GermanyKing_Marv

Longswordman
May 27, 2016
Germany
This solution Is totally unfair for Bact.( I would like to see fire there too as he was in both grand finals but unfortunately he lost both =/ )

He won the qualifer and he should get the chance to be part of the tournament. If he cant attend in person because of failed visa then he should get the chance to play from home. I know this is not what the tournament is about but by inviting fire instead of bact, then bact lost basically a trip to europe which is worth 2000€ and beside that i guess a special thing for him as i imagine he normmally cant afford a trip like that. Also he lose the chance of winning more money.

In this case there was something tried which didnt work yet because the delivery is lost or super slow but maybe if there would be more time it would work so its definitly not Bact fault. In the nations cup there was also the solution that Brasil doesnt come to the lan and plays from home to compete about prize. Lucky for them the community sponsored another plane tickets so it could delayed some time.

also these show matches dont give anything back to the players. Its 200$ for Viper most likely and the rest is shared between 6 players. While viper and the other 4 ( nicov, daut, mbl, tatoh) have nothing to do with the situation of fire and bact.

If it was for them the Showmatch should be Fire vs Bact BO 21 (700$) every won match is worth 30$ and the winner takes the rest if something is remaining.

United Statesjive36

Known Member
May 19, 2018
also these show matches dont give anything back to the players. Its 200$ for Viper most likely and the rest is shared between 6 players. While viper and the other 4 ( nicov, daut, mbl, tatoh) have nothing to do with the situation of fire and bact.

If it was for them the Showmatch should be Fire vs Bact BO 21 (700$) every won match is worth 30$ and the winner takes the rest if something is remaining.
The show matches serve two purposes.
1. Generate some hype/build up for NAC2. With Nili being on vacation much of January he doesn't have the same amount of hype from casual viewers that he might have had from doing the 100 hours streams in the lead up to NAC1.

Viper, Daut and MBL playing show matches is a much bigger draw than a BO21 between Fire and Bact. Also by having several show matches on different days it makes Nili more likely to reach more pockets of casual fans.

2. To give something back to
BacT &
F1re and to start some NAC2 promotion I will do a Show Match Series with them

Finlandbuhanisson

Longswordman
May 29, 2015
Its also unfair to DauT because he had to tryhard the finals and it might not make any difference now. But thats life I guess. Its not like Nili rly owes these showmatches to anyone.

Another nice compromise would have been to let BacT play the games from home, and fly f1re to germany just to drink with DauT and get frostbite in the nipples. But yeah, I guess the point of lan events generally is to have everyone present. You dont want to open the door to some ppl preferring to just stay home and take the easy moneys against all the drunk party dauts.

NetherlandsiViktorius

Longswordman
May 9, 2014
The Netherlands
The whole point of the tournament is to have ALL the players in Nili's apartment.

It's called NAC2 not NACPBWPAH1 (NAC plus BacT who plays at home 1)

Life is unfair. Nili tried his best to get BacT over, but it might not work (due to no fault of either of them) and thus he has to go for plan B, which is quite obviously getting the next best player of the qualifiers.

Sure it sucks for BacT, but he is just one player. Nili has to look at the entire tournament/event.

IsraelSjut

Jun 13, 2018
I don't get how anyone can call this solution to be unfair for BacT or even Daut. Nili, BacT and everyone involved obviously try their best to get BacT over to NAC2 (Nili even got a friend to provide a source of financial stability) and it seems to be noones personal fault that it didn't work out yet. Sure it would suck for BacT if he can't make it due to visa problems and I think everyone would feel bad about this, but none of the players or organizers is to blame for this. It's just the current political situation and structure we live in right now. Also one might guess that Nili, BacT and F1re talked about this solution and everyone agreed to it.

I hope that everything will work out in the end and I'm totally looking forward to some nice showmatches.

GermanyKing_Marv

Longswordman
May 27, 2016
Germany
Its also unfair to DauT because he had to tryhard the finals and it might not make any difference now. But thats life I guess. Its not like Nili rly owes these showmatches to anyone.

Another nice compromise would have been to let BacT play the games from home, and fly f1re to germany just to drink with DauT and get frostbite in the nipples. But yeah, I guess the point of lan events generally is to have everyone present. You dont want to open the door to some ppl preferring to just stay home and take the easy moneys against all the drunk party dauts.
How is it unfair to Daut? what has Daut to do with this issue? With the point that Nili doesnt owe the Showmatches you are right. If they drink is their problem. They know how much money they can get. If they lose cause drunk its their thing.

The whole point of the tournament is to have ALL the players in Nili's apartment.

It's called NAC2 not NACPBWPAH1 (NAC plus BacT who plays at home 1)

Life is unfair. Nili tried his best to get BacT over, but it might not work (due to no fault of either of them) and thus he has to go for plan B, which is quite obviously getting the next best player of the qualifiers.

Sure it sucks for BacT, but he is just one player. Nili has to look at the entire tournament/event.
Actually its nilis responsibility to get the players there when he offered them. Only if a player shows bad behavior or cannot come due to his personal reasons then nilis responsibility stopps. It looks like the post service lost the documents or whatever but then Nili needs to send again. Now is too late for that so he missed his responsibility because lack of time. Sure he cant know that it happens but still. Like you all say "life is unfait" "shit happens" blabla

If you order some clothes online and you paid them and then the company sends them to you but the post office lost them, what happens? You get new clothes or should they send a mail:

Sorry, shit happens, not our fault we keep the money you get nothing. live is unfair :smile:

Question: What happens now when Bact get Visa on 2. Feb. Would you agree then saying oh sorry your administration worked slow or the post service was slow shit happens GG fire is in.

If you fail to provide the "ticket" in time you have to change and adapt and cannot invite just another person because well you tried. He could then also invite nobody and keep the money for his own. Hes not doing that because he wants 8 Players and not 7 which is fine but player 8 is Bact and not F1re and nobody else. If bact would have said that he forgot his mums birthday and cannot fly then nili can invite someone else.

In this case he could decide to let bact play from home or he could pay out an esimated price money to him and invite nobody ( or still invite someone). Like add cost of the flight and hotel lets say 2500€ to the prize pool split by 8 and bact get that money as compensation.

Last edited:
May 1, 2018
Japan
Since when is Germany making such a fuss about who’s coming in? :rolleyes:

Hope it works out for Bact, and if not kudos to Fire for being “stand by” until the last minute!

Apr 26, 2010
@King_Marv you should watch out the way you say those things. You can't blame that way someone who did most of the things alone to make NAC2 happen. It's not nilis fault in case BacT can't attend.

Hope things works and BacT get there. If it doesn't happen, Fire will for sure make a good job playing in his place.

Don't start drama when theres no drama ._.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
If you order some clothes online and you paid them and then the company sends them to you but the post office lost them, what happens? You get new clothes or should they say sorry not our fault we keep the money you get nothing?
The shipment will probably be insured and based on that you will receive money back. If you chose uninsured shipping at check-out you're not going to get any money back unless the clothes company wants to show good customer service, but they won't have any obligation to do so

If you fail to provide the "ticket" in time you have to change and adapt and cannot invite just another person because well you tried. He could then also invite nobody and keep the money for his own. Hes not doing that because he wants 8 Players and not 7 which is fine but player 8 is Bact and not F1re and nobody else. If bact would have said that he forgot his mums birthday and cannot fly then nili can invite someone else.

In this case he could decide to let bact play from home or he could pay out an esimated price money to him and invite nobody ( or still invite someone). Like add cost of the flight and hotel lets say 2500€ to the prize pool split by 8 and bact get that money as compensation.
Player eight is the player that Nili choses. He can invite whomever he wants to. He doesn't have any responsibility (maybe a moral or social one, but given that majority agrees with his actions that doesn't seem to be the case) because I doubt there were any valid contracts signed. He tried to get BacT to come to Hamburg, but visa issues are not his responsibility - sometimes these things take time and sometimes then they don't work out. It is really unfortunate for BacT but if the visa won't be issued in time then inviting F1re is by far the best solution.

I am sure he want's BacT there but if he does not have a visa then what is Nili supposed to do? Smuggle him in the country? And for what should BacT be compensated? I highly doubt he had any cost related to NAC2 so far, so there is no base for compensation.

Mar 10, 2018
Question: What happens now when Bact get Visa on 2. Feb. Would you agree then saying oh sorry your administration worked slow or the post service was slow shit happens GG fire is in.
Well the premise was that the administration will stop at the 2. Feb, wasn't it, so there is ~0% chance of that happening.

Also, as far as I understood, the procedure stated by Nili was agreed on by the players involved, so who knows maybe Nili even offered the options you mentioned (like making it 7 players and bact getting the travel money), but BacT prefered to let Fire move up, I can't say.

So let's just hope BacT gets his Visa and all is fine.

GermanyKing_Marv

Longswordman
May 27, 2016
Germany
Player eight is the player that Nili choses. He can invite whomever he wants to. He doesn't have any responsibility (maybe a moral or social one, but given that majority agrees with his actions that doesn't seem to be the case) because I doubt there were any valid contracts signed. He tried to get BacT to come to Hamburg, but visa issues are not his responsibility - sometimes these things take time and sometimes then they don't work out. It is really unfortunate for BacT but if the visa won't be issued in time then inviting F1re is by far the best solution.

I am sure he want's BacT there but if he does not have a visa then what is Nili supposed to do? Smuggle him in the country? And for what should BacT be compensated? I highly doubt he had any cost related to NAC2 so far, so there is no base for compensation.
i didnt say that he dont want him , im sure he wants him to be there. The compensation is for the missed opportunity not for expenses. I already told 2 options i would do and none was smuggle him to europe.

Player eight is the player that Nili choses.
This is just wrong when hes doing open qualifiers. He chosed before and then made qualifers for all.

He doesn't have any responsibility
This is also wrong. He has since a lot of people donated money for the event.

@DFH_Risque

im just discussing. Dont interpret as drama. When someone decides to show his decisions in an open forum then he should not be scared about opinions. You can agree or disagree with me i am fine with that. Im not biased in any way.
i hope NAC will be great and a succes for Nili, i wanted to join meet and greet but i cannot cause my grandmum get 80 that weekend.

UnknownLanchi

Halberdier
Dec 19, 2016
I'd definitely NOT have BacT play online. People didn't donate to watch 7 players play on LAN and 1 online. (I'm just basing this argument based on the donation argument)
then they didn't donate to watch matches that not played by qualified players too

GermanyAthasos

Longswordman
Jul 8, 2017
Hessen, Germany
The whole idea of the Tournament is to play it at nilis appartment
It would make 0 sense to let one player play online.
Sometimes things outside of your control happen, this time it's visa issues for BacT, but to ruin the core idea of the tournament therefore wouldn't make any sense.
I think there is nothing unfair in nilis decision, the only thing unfair in this case is either the German visa system (You can go to vietnam for 14 days without a visa as a German) or it's just bad luck.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final
Saturday 11:30 (GMT +01:00)
new Chapter vs Australia
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Villese vs St4rk
ECL South East Asia 1v1 Ro16