Official MapAll games during the entire event will be played on the same custom version of Arabia. The version used for this tournament is the most unique map ever created for any of the King of the Desert iterations in the past.
This map will feature many random elements, making each map generation unique and challenging to predict. The map will offer thousands of different unique setups and will allow all playstyles to shine. All map variations are balanced between all players, which should make for an even and fair tournament.
Or search for "King of the Desert IV - Map" in the in-game mod browser.
- Randomised forest amount, size and distance from the players.
- Randomised elevation amount and elevation height around the players starting area and on the rest of the map.
- Randomised pond generation around players and the rest of the map.
- Balanced and evenly spaced resources surrounding the players.
- Zebras and ostriches always generate in patches of three.
- Neutral camels generate far from players, potentially exposing enemy armies nearby.
- Players are starting with one herdable in their possession for a consistent start.
- Beautiful hand-crafted carpets now, once again, appear near the player’s town centres.
Updates & Changelog
- Map released.
- When generating only two forests at the furthest distance possible, they will always generate reasonably large.
- When generating only two forests, the chance of also generating two ponds have been removed.
- When generating a large number of predators on the map, the minimum space between them has increased.
- Added a minimum distance between herdable spawns, making it impossible for them to generate right next to each other.
- Resource deposits now generate slightly further apart from each other.
- Decreased the chance of a vast number of camels generating on the map.
- Fixed an issue that caused objects to not always avoid spawning on the edge of the map.
- Fixed relics sometimes generating inside other objects.
- Fixed relics sometimes failing to generate in the correct number.
- Added minor, aesthetic adjustments.
- Added support for all map sizes and player numbers.
The map may receive updates at any time during the event. If this happens, the changes will be listed above and provided to the players.