When is Faith used?

BrazilNigelSlack

Two handed swordman
Jul 5, 2010
Heresy won't let ur units become enemy ones, Faith will give u extra seconds to do damage
Used vs Edie in MoA3(?) Spanish vs Byz, the Paladins Surviving a bit longer was extra-helpfull

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
I've seen it researched a couple times in BoA when someone was going for Battle ele's and the enemy had monks, an example would be the semi-finals Suomi vs TyRanT on Donut.

United StatesTocaraca

Known Member
May 18, 2017
Florida
Voobly
Tocaraca
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I've seen it researched a couple times in BoA when someone was going for Battle ele's and the enemy had monks, an example would be the semi-finals Suomi vs TyRanT on Donut.
Ah ok, so it’s late imp thing when you have enough eco for the hefty price tag?

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
Viper used it in a Black Forest 1v1 vs TaToH yesterday. In general, it feels he is doing it more often than other players, but this might just be perception

Ireland_Melkor

Halberdier
Jun 20, 2011
Pretty sure heresy is better to go for first. Faith helps I'm sure, but I've had my LC get converted in like 2 seconds in arena before, so ultimately better to reduce the maximum amount of threat. Certain unnamed arena players have this magical ability to convert units very very fast, and I don't trust faith enough to stop this.

Czech RepublicDraCoNT

Two handed swordman
Jan 5, 2016
There are 2 issues with Faith.
1) Cost
2) It's imp upgrade

Usually vs monk rush the game can go 3 ways. A) Smush in early castle kills or the defender kills the army, stop the push and wins because of better eco. Obviously no faith used.
B) Smusher puts pressure, defender makes enough towers/def castle, smusher has to switch to imp fwd castle trebs. Now defender has better eco, but usually will be later to imp, so he gotta play in castle. He might try to kill fwd castle or go raid smusher. No faith used.
C) Defender makes def castle, smusher goes for fwd one, it's a race to imp and trebs. Defender has slightly better eco, but usually just enough to add something like arbalests, definitely not res for faith, so again Faith can't be used even if the civ has it. Also, because of how costly the upgrade is, I'd only make it if I go eles in TGs and enemy has tons of monks (Aztec ones usually).
For 1v1 I'd say it's the second least made upgrade after spies. Only situation is using Burmese elephants, because they don't have heresy and Faith is 375/500 for them, which isn't that much if player already has eco for eles.

United StatesTocaraca

Known Member
May 18, 2017
Florida
Voobly
Tocaraca
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
There are 2 issues with Faith.
1) Cost
2) It's imp upgrade

Usually vs monk rush the game can go 3 ways. A) Smush in early castle kills or the defender kills the army, stop the push and wins because of better eco. Obviously no faith used.
B) Smusher puts pressure, defender makes enough towers/def castle, smusher has to switch to imp fwd castle trebs. Now defender has better eco, but usually will be later to imp, so he gotta play in castle. He might try to kill fwd castle or go raid smusher. No faith used.
C) Defender makes def castle, smusher goes for fwd one, it's a race to imp and trebs. Defender has slightly better eco, but usually just enough to add something like arbalests, definitely not res for faith, so again Faith can't be used even if the civ has it. Also, because of how costly the upgrade is, I'd only make it if I go eles in TGs and enemy has tons of monks (Aztec ones usually).
For 1v1 I'd say it's the second least made upgrade after spies. Only situation is using Burmese elephants, because they don't have heresy and Faith is 375/500 for them, which isn't that much if player already has eco for eles.
What are the situations where Heresy will be used then? (I’ve seen it used vs fast imp 9+3 range Monks before)

Nov 22, 2013
Heresy won't let ur units become enemy ones, Faith will give u extra seconds to do damage
Used vs Edie in MoA3(?) Spanish vs Byz, the Paladins Surviving a bit longer was extra-helpfull
Was that the game, where you were pushed into the very last corner of your base and still won in the end? I thought you were Saracen in that game I have in mind. Definitely Stark vs someone. Best arena game i have ever seen.

United KingdomHyunAOP

Longswordman
Nov 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Voobly
HYUNA__
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
It's my go to option if

A) my civ doesn't have heresy (Persia, Burmese, Chinese)

B) I somehow have 2k gold to blow on both heresy and faith

C) because if some thing is gonna have faith in me. 1k gold 850f better be worth it. Unless of course you're the Burmese. Go Burms! #sotl

Czech RepublicDraCoNT

Two handed swordman
Jan 5, 2016
Was that the game, where you were pushed into the very last corner of your base and still won in the end? I thought you were Saracen in that game I have in mind. Definitely Stark vs someone. Best arena game i have ever seen.
You mean that game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYzuu9jsEFs&index=66&list=PLfKUKNqtHS2MuUL8m1hFM0eReCn5R37-t
it was vs terror, moa3, 5th game in bo5, sara war. It was an incredible comeback, though the game wasn't as epic. Also you gotta give credit to terror and his monk micro:cool:.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 3v3 LB Semifinal
Wednesday 20:30 (GMT +01:00)
Peter sings a song vs Lunacy
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Friday 12:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final