AOE-HD Update on WololoKingdoms' development

FranceTriRem

Longswordman
Dec 13, 2015
France
Hi everyone,

As some of you may already know, Jineapple, the developer of WololoKingdoms, has recently decided to take a break from all his AoE related activities for an undetermined amount of time. I've wished him best of luck in his life and I hope to see him back at some point. Jineapple has done a fantastic job with developing WK, I don't know anyone who would have had the talent and patience to do it in his place, and it was a pleasure working with him for over a year.

Even with Jineapple gone, WK won't stop its development, as I have accepted to continue his work to make WK the most perfect experience as possible. Jineapple is a irreplaceable loss, but I will do my best to keep up with the quality of his work. I am already familiar with the program, having contributed in parts over the months.

WololoKingdoms will keep being updated with every HD patch, and every bug report will be fixed with the best of my capacity. For now, as long as Patch 5.7 is still in beta the live version of WK is 2.7 with HD patch 5.6. When 5.7 goes live, I will push an update for WK and the live version version will be 2.8. I already have some updates queued up, still figuring out the details on how I want to do it. Version 2.8 comes with an auto updater, which will makes things much more easy to update.
For now you can still download WK from Jineapple's GitHub page, but future updates will be pushed on my GitHub https://github.com/TriRem/WololoKingdoms. More on that when the next update is released.

From now on, for all WK related questions, bug report or help requests, please contact me and I will do my best to help you. You can contact me via GitHub, reddit, AoCZone, Discord, AoKHeaven or anywhere else you find me in.

I really want to thank everyone that plays WololoKingdoms, you made all this possible and I hope we will be able to make the best AoE2 experience possible together.

TriRem

UnknownMaSmOrRa

Halberdier
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012
I read about it the other day on T90's discord.

I obviously don't expect Jineapple to open up with us about his personal life, but If the problems he is having at the moment are of a financial nature, I hope he doesn't hesitate to turn to the community he has helped so much for help.

I for one would immediately contribute and I'm sure many many others would do the same.

Having said that, thank you Jineapple for all the work and thank you TriRem.

Norwaybuddy__1

Known Member
Jul 30, 2016
We are really lucky to have these very few people who do a huge difference and adds a huge amount of value to the community.

Thanks Jineapple, and thanks Trirem for continuing the WK support on voobly.

Australiarobo

Staff member
Bronze Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Australia
www.youtube.com

I obviously don't expect Jineapple to open up with us about his personal life, but If the problems he is having at the moment are of a financial nature, I hope he doesn't hesitate to turn to the community he has helped so much for help.

I for one would immediately contribute and I'm sure many many others would do the same.

As far as I know he just wants to spend more time on "real life" stuff with job/studying.

GermanyJineapple

Known Member
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Technically I shouldn't even have visited aoczone to see this thread, but I did, so I might as well reply :P

No, leaving the aoc scene was not for financial reasons. I've spent a lot of time with WK and all kinds of support in general. Unfortunately I'm bad at keeping that time down to a reasonable amount, so it's had a negative impact both on my studies and social life. I've tried limiting my aoc time before but it didn't really work out so for now stopping completely is what I need to do. If you really wanted to, you could send a donation but it would have no impact on my decision.

A big thank you to TriRem for taking care of WK. I do hope it's not too much work, I don't want to just pass my problems on. Hopefully with the auto-updater it's a bit easier to share the workload too.

It's been a pleasure to see how well received WK is and how many people use and enjoy it. That will always remain as something fond to look back to in my mind, even if it's also connected to difficult personal times. And I hope that I can eventually return to this great game when everything else is in order again. :smile:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Weekend Smackdown
Sunday 18:00 (GMT +02:00)
1 day event 1v1 on Yucatan
LotH2 - Semifinals
Sunday 19:00 (GMT +02:00)
TheViper vs MbL
St4rk vs Mattheus Bo5 Showmatch presented by DemEyesRed