Feb 14, 2018
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I just think about it for a sec and I think I got it but better safe than sorry: if, for example, in a 1v1 Bo3 both players use a civ of the civpool in the first 2 matches and tie 1-1, the tiebreaker is freeciv?

United StatesInfluenza

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 7, 2011
Should definitely be clarified that this rule only applies to the players belonging to qualifying 8 teams: (assuming robo was in fact correct tooth)
1527771746417.png

Oct 6, 2017
I just think about it for a sec and I think I got it but better safe than sorry: if, for example, in a 1v1 Bo3 both players use a civ of the civpool in the first 2 matches and tie 1-1, the tiebreaker is freeciv?
I think so. And it should be that players have to use civpool civs in first two games of 1v1 because if the series ends 2-0 the criteria of 2 civs from civpool to be used will not be met.
Same for Bo5, if score is 2-0, you must use civpool civ for 3rd game for criteria to be met in case of 3-0 result; but if score is 1-1 you can have a free civ as there will surely be a 4th game.

Edit: Someone already asked in Q&A thread.
In BO5, G1 and G2 need to pick from civ pool
 if score 1-1 => G3 can pick out of civ pool (and also can pick the civs in pool)
 if score 2-0 => G3 need to pick from civ pool
G4 if he already pick 3 pool civ then no restriction, if not he need to pick from civ pool
G5 no restriction

am i right?
That is correct

GermanyMichaerbse

Oct 14, 2017
Hi robo, hi all,

Concerning D.6:
Teams will pick colours in the order of A, B, B, A, A, B, B, A. (remove some for 1v1-3v3).
I'd suggest to do something like the following:
1) For the entire tournament: group the colours into two groups, e.g. "warm colours" (yellow, orange, red, purple) and "cold colours" (blue, teal, green, grey).
2) For every set: let the higher seeded player/team pick one group of colours for the team - the other team/player gets the other group.
(All players should still use the same colour throughout a set.)

This has some advantages:
- You eliminate a process that is unlikely to be used anyway because it is quite time-consuming for a comparatively low benefit, to put it mildly.
- You avoid opposing players having similar colours (I just recently saw a 2v2 with orange vs. red knights on the one side and green vs. teal x-bows on the other side. Pretty much impossible to follow without using team colours... ;-) )

Cheers

Aug 21, 2014
I really love this u
Hi robo, hi all,

Concerning D.6:

I'd suggest to do something like the following:
1) For the entire tournament: group the colours into two groups, e.g. "warm colours" (yellow, orange, red, purple) and "cold colours" (blue, teal, green, grey).
2) For every set: let the higher seeded player/team pick one group of colours for the team - the other team/player gets the other group.
(All players should still use the same colour throughout a set.)

This has some advantages:
- You eliminate a process that is unlikely to be used anyway because it is quite time-consuming for a comparatively low benefit, to put it mildly.
- You avoid opposing players having similar colours (I just recently saw a 2v2 with orange vs. red knights on the one side and green vs. teal x-bows on the other side. Pretty much impossible to follow without using team colours... ;-) )

Cheers
I really like this idea. This will be helpful for the players as well and very useful for viewers to quickly identify flanks and pockets.

GermanyEscapeAoE

Well Known Pikeman
Bronze Supporter
Feb 1, 2017
escape.gg
Hi robo, hi all,

Concerning D.6:
Cheers
New rule will be updated:

"D.6. All players must use the same colour throughout a set. The highest seed team will pick from one of the two colour pools:

D.6.1. Pool 1: Red(2), Yellow(4), Purple(6), Orange(8)

D.6.2. Pool 2: Blue(1), Green(3), Teal(5), Grey(7)"

It seems Ensemble made these colour choices 18 years ago with this in mind (odd vs even numbers result in best contrast). It's just taken the community 18 years to figure it out :wink:

GermanyMichaerbse

Oct 14, 2017
(...)
This will be added in the next handbook update as well. Please use the same colour per player in all games. Eg if you are Red (2) in the 4v4, please also be Red (2) in the 1v1/2v2 & 3v3.
Just realized that this will be impossible if teams use more than 4 players in one set.

If one player gets subbed in for the 1v1, he may not even know which player he comes in for at that time. I guess you shouldn't be too strict about this rule in these cases. 11

Oct 6, 2017
Just realized that this will be impossible if teams use more than 4 players in one set.

If one player gets subbed in for the 1v1, he may not even know which player he comes in for at that time. I guess you shouldn't be too strict about this rule in these cases. 11
I guess here by "set" you mean Stage (containing two events). Because in a set (as per my understanding of the Handbook, means a single Bo3/5 in an event) you have to play same 1/2/3/4 players for all games.
EDIT: Adding to that, teams will play multiple opponents in an event/stage and may not have option to choose their preferred color pool in each round. Keeping same colors in single event will be difficult let alone keeping same colors in separate events. May be the rule needs to be only there for individual rounds.

Also @robo :
C.9. If a team is unable to field enough players due to extenuating circumstances they may utilize one substitute player.
C.9.1. The substitute player may not be a player who is registered in the ECL with another team.
C.9.2. The Substitute player must play the entire set of games that they are substituting for even if the player which they are substituting becomes available during the time the set is being played.
Can you confirm "set" here means a Bo3/5 (defined as "Round")? Or the substituted player has to play the whole "Event" (all Rounds)? In either case, better clarify in Handbook to avoid confusion later.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2016
New rule will be updated:

"D.6. All players must use the same colour throughout a set. The highest seed team will pick from one of the two colour pools:

D.6.1. Pool 1: Red(2), Yellow(4), Purple(6), Orange(8)

D.6.2. Pool 2: Blue(1), Green(3), Teal(5), Grey(7)"

It seems Ensemble made these colour choices 18 years ago with this in mind (odd vs even numbers result in best contrast). It's just taken the community 18 years to figure it out :wink:
Wouldn't it make more intuitive sense to call the Odd numbered Pool 1 and the even numbered Pool 2 ?

Suggested:

D.6.1. Pool 1: Blue(1), Green(3), Teal(5), Grey(7)

D.6.2. Pool 2: Red(2), Yellow(4), Purple(6), Orange(8)*

Australiarobo

Staff member
Bronze Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Australia
www.youtube.com

A team isn't going to earn an AL for using the wrong colour, especially in the Qualification stage, which is the main stage where that is possibly going to be a problem.

It's just a request to make life easier for the casters where possible.

Jan 20, 2016
how to prevent people spoilering the results before they are broadcasted, the first qualifications are done, but you can easily get spoilerd if you go to their profiles?
or is that diffrent after the qualifications?

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL Qualification - Win or go home
Wednesday 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
[7] Suomi vs Ares_A [11]
Nomad Battlegrounds
Saturday 02:00 (GMT +02:00)
TiTaNNN,pelonchas&as_kan_arg vs Singularity743&Freeloading
KillerB's Arabia Cup
Saturday 14:00 (GMT +02:00)
KBAC 1v1 Tourney
ECL Qualification
Sunday 13:00 (GMT +02:00)
[6] SY vs nC [15]
ECL Qualification
Sunday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
[4] Frantic vs Lesto B [17]
ECL Qualification Highlights
June 30th 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
Collection of highlights from the best games of qualification.