Community Input on Tournament Interest

United StatesNerdRageQuit

Dec 7, 2017
twitch.tv
Hello Everyone. I am planning on hosting another tournament soon and would like to get community input in what the majority of the community would be interested in seeing. Here are a few options:

1. Extreme Streamer Showdown
- I have done two of these tournaments already. Maps would be more atypical than normal but more balanced than they have been in the past. Any streamers would be allowed to join.

2. Extreme Community Showdown
- For this one, anyone involved in some sort of AoE community can join (stream, discord, team). It would be a team game 2v2 or 3v3 (haven’t settled on what would be best) tournament where the top 2 (or 3) players from a community would be chosen by its community to participate (even say the streams of the community if they wanted).

3. The third idea I am playing around with would be some sort of 1v1 or 2v2 SD tournament on nomad style maps (no TC start maps with fish boom as an option. This tournament would be open to anyone and the top 8 or 16 players with the highest ELO would be chosen.

If you would, please help me decide on what to put time towards by replaying to this straw pole. Thanks and have an amazing day!

http://www.strawpoll.me/17553395

Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
kw1k
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
some sort of 1v1 or 2v2 SD tournament on nomad style maps (no TC start maps with fish boom as an option. This tournament would be open to anyone and the top 8 or 16 players with the highest ELO would be chosen.
looks like you have a winner there. Do it like a 1-2 week event

FranceTriRem

Longswordman
Dec 13, 2015
France
I do like that idea a lot as well.
It sounds like a fun idea for a tournament, I think I would enjoy watching that.

One word of caution however, SD with no TC start is not currently supported by UP 1.5 (you get insta defeated) so it would have either to be played on HD (ykes) or without SD and players agree to resign if TC goes down.

Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
kw1k
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
A 1v1 tournament on No TC start style maps (Nomad, LN, etc) only is due for quite some time. Even without sudden death (SD) element it would be quite fun. Has potential for a lot of interesting games but please do not include Bog Islands if its a no TC start map.

Streamer Showdown: Nili will kick everyone's ass if he joins. There is huge skill gap among streamers. A one-off showmatch with fun settings could be ok but a tournament among such skill level differences could be quite boring in the end.

Community showdown: Tournament among no names would be similar to various noob tournaments and would be hard to get any traction in form of viewership.

Feb 5, 2017
Netherlands
Voobly
HenkDeSuperNerd
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Dec 7, 2017
twitch.tv
It sounds like a fun idea for a tournament, I think I would enjoy watching that.

One word of caution however, SD with no TC start is not currently supported by UP 1.5 (you get insta defeated) so it would have either to be played on HD (ykes) or without SD and players agree to resign if TC goes down.
I know :frown: I was thinking HD (agreed yikes, especially for tournament), but I think just the players agreeing and understand that it is just 1 TC and after that TC dies your out, is a good option.

Last edited:

Dec 7, 2017
twitch.tv
Looks like the Nomad style SD Tournament takes the bacon. I think I will stick with 1 TC. I like 1 TC maps on Nomad style maps because you can use fish to "boom" with and makes combat on water and land necessary.

I am currently leaning toward 1v1. Anyone have any argument or desire for 2v2?

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2
Friday 18:30 (GMT +01:00)
Vivi vs JonSlow
DERAC - Quarterfinal #3