China SY Brazil A First Game RE

Feb 19, 2016
Hi Admins,

I am, like many others I presume. curious why the first game between these teams did not result in a admin win for SY. Previously, you did not allow Frantic the chance to use a re in a nomad game where they broke the rules, but you allowed Brazil to get away with breaking the rules regardless. Why is this double standard applied? There are many other instances I can think of where the same set of rules seem to applied differently to the Asian players (Tim or Viper in an Arabia tourney for eg) than those to European/South American players.

Given that in English streams all over, so much of the obnoxious chat is about Chinese players only being good in lag, them map hacking, fake rumors that the SY tournament LAN was cancelled or reduced not due to monetary strain but the lack of Chinese players (in essence an argument that the Chinese community make rules to favor their own, while apparently the others are apparently more noble and do not), its hard to justify some of the admin decisions that get made against Asian players over the course of the tourneys being down to anything reasonable.

I hope the admin can at least explain why the RE was allowed and not allowed for Frantic.

Thanks

Unknownrarename

Mar 19, 2011
Hi Admins,

I am, like many others I presume. curious why the first game between these teams did not result in a admin win for SY. Previously, you did not allow Frantic the chance to use a re in a nomad game where they broke the rules, but you allowed Brazil to get away with breaking the rules regardless. Why is this double standard applied? There are many other instances I can think of where the same set of rules seem to applied differently to the Asian players (Tim or Viper in an Arabia tourney for eg) than those to European/South American players.

Given that in English streams all over, so much of the obnoxious chat is about Chinese players only being good in lag, them map hacking, fake rumors that the SY tournament LAN was cancelled or reduced not due to monetary strain but the lack of Chinese players (in essence an argument that the Chinese community make rules to favor their own, while apparently the others are apparently more noble and do not), its hard to justify some of the admin decisions that get made against Asian players over the course of the tourneys being down to anything reasonable.

I hope the admin can at least explain why the RE was allowed and not allowed for Frantic.

Thanks

During that Frantic / Canada game I was watching both Tim's live stream and Tsu guy's stream at the same time. I usually watch Viper's stream but The Viper wasn't streaming that match. Tsu guy's stream's atmosphere was kind of hostile, people in the chat all have this "us versus them" mentality, unlike Viper's stream which is often funny and chill. Tim's viewers were also pretty reasonable as well without so much hate and emotions.

Most of the viewer's in Tsu's stream were supportive of Canada team getting a AW without even competing. And when Canada lost the match, his stream's atmosphere felt like a funeral :o-o:

The admin was total trash for causing such lasting controversy, Frantic didn't try to do anything unfair to the match, it was simply badly written rules which most players would not find intuitive. The worse punishment for them would be ducting a re. It sucks that there's no follow up, no clarification or apology, its almost like acknowledging and accepting their own biased decisions.

Unknownaocfun

Jan 20, 2015
SY took a re over an AW.
Brazil lost their re and SY gained an extra one.
In a BO5, the first game is so damn important! Extra re is not professional at all, I think admin should follow the rule, this is clearly an admin win for SY. For the SY side, if they knew they will lost like this, they will definitely take the free win. IMO, SY was just too over-confident, they thought Brazil was just coming for completing the matches and accepting the 5th/6th position, otherwise how one can imagine to make such a mistake in this important match? I remembered Brazil A was asking the possibility of 3v3 one day before the match. All these gave poor SY a false information: Brazil A has no enough interest to advance.

On the other hand, SY's play was terrible on that day even though they lost their keynote player yinghua. This game changed completely the future of AOC in Chinese community, it might be the end of SY.

Unknownaocfun

Jan 20, 2015
Even though Brazil A gave admin win to SY for the whole series, SY will still stop at 4th with this level of play. Meaningless for them.

United StatesInfluenza

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 7, 2011
Yes! Please state it in the rules that each violation results in an admin loss!

But really, why would you want to extend the awful practice of awarding wins without the game being played to more situations? It should be removed from the nomad rules, not included elsewhere.

Sep 18, 2016
SY took a re over an AW.
In a BO5, the first game is so damn important! Extra re is not professional at all, I think admin should follow the rule, this is clearly an admin win for SY. For the SY side, if they knew they will lost like this, they will definitely take the free win. IMO, SY was just too over-confident, they thought Brazil was just coming for completing the matches and accepting the 5th/6th position, otherwise how one can imagine to make such a mistake in this important match? I remembered Brazil A was asking the possibility of 3v3 one day before the match. All these gave poor SY a false information: Brazil A has no enough interest to advance.

On the other hand, SY's play was terrible on that day even though they lost their keynote player yinghua. This game changed completely the future of AOC in Chinese community, it might be the end of SY.
yes,SY was too overconfident, just before the tournament, Fengxin said there were more than 40% possibilities for Brazil A to give up the match, SY will get AW easily.

Feb 2, 2016
Belgium
I mainly watched Memb streams for NC and I must say vibe was not too biased against China at all. I think overall people would have enjoyed a Chinese team in the finals and definitely just want to see 3-4 scores.

Furthermore I believe this community is greatly thankful for the Chinese tournaments and overall loves to watch their top players as are very welcome at the narrow top at the moment.

Just my 2 pennies

Netherlandsprv_limb

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 9, 2014
SY took a re over an AW.

SY did not TAKE a RE. It was admin decision to not give AW (AW should be the right call) rather just award extra RE.
Helene explained what the admins did correctly. The decision was made after a discussion between the admins and SY. SY decided to go for a re instead of taken an AW, which is proper fair play.

Aland Islandskw1k000000

Known Member
Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Sep 18, 2016
Helene explained what the admins did correctly. The decision was made after a discussion between the admins and SY. SY decided to go for a re instead of taken an AW, which is proper fair play.
In one case you ask the team thus putting them in bad situation because they look like bad guys if they refuse.

And in other case you just decide to give AW without asking.
absolutely right.SY had to accept re just because they are the host of the tournament. The amins should make their own decisions.

Australiarobo

Staff member
Bronze Supporter
Dec 12, 2011
Australia
www.youtube.com
In one case you ask the team thus putting them in bad situation because they look like bad guys if they refuse.

And in other case you just decide to give AW without asking.
Which other case was an AW given without asking?

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ToA Swiss R3: Fight for Gold Bracket
Sunday 14:00 (GMT +02:00)
ACCM+VNS_Cool -VS- DraCoNT+TeRRoR
ToA Coaches vs Lord DauT and Edie
Sunday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
Coaches vs Lord DauT + Edie
King of the Hippo 5