BoA - Password protected room SY vs VNA

Feb 19, 2014
Hello,

In the rules it is written:
Streaming & spectating
Anybody is welcome to cast, analyse or watch any game of the tournament.
(source: https://www.aoezone.net/threads/boa-rules-settings.137170/)

However, Memb created a room that all player joined (SY and VNA), password protected:
1521288223667.png

Memb is refusing to take off the password. I just want to spectate without watching a stream; is it too much to ask?

Thank you for your understanding.

United KingdomFall

Halberdier
Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Maybe players wanted no specs (understandable for big tourney).

But this is typical Memb so who knows.

Netherlandsgmischa

Oct 21, 2013
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Memb has nothing to do with this just stop creating bullshit drama posts all the time for no reason... really unbelievable that you make drama already instead of enjoying the tournament lol. just read the rules official streamers all are allowed into the room which is fine. If you dont want to watch on stream you download the games afterwards its really that easy so stop crying please.

Feb 19, 2014
Memb has nothing to do with this just stop creating bullshit drama posts all the time for no reason... really unbelievable that you make drama already instead of enjoying the tournament lol.
Memb created the room with a password. Then when players joined, the password was kept on. So, yes, it has everything to do with him.

just read the rules official streamers all are allowed into the room which is fine.
Yes, and it is also written that anybody is welcome to watch the games.

Watching recordings is not the same thing. Watching live games without a caster is just what I (and my others) want. No need to be rude. I wrote the facts, that's all.

Oct 23, 2016
It is free streaming not speccing. You can register wit hswissboy as a streamer and you will certainly get the password. I assume the password is there to avoid extensive speccing (if you allow one you need to allow all).
Nothing wrong with that at all in my point of view.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
It is free streaming not speccing. You can register wit hswissboy as a streamer and you will certainly get the password. I assume the password is there to avoid extensive speccing (if you allow one you need to allow all).
Nothing wrong with that at all in my point of view.
Rules clearly say different. They say everybody can spectate and not that players have the right to request a password. If swissboy is serious about this, he should give a warning to memb, SY, VNA for breaking the rules

Oct 23, 2016
Rules clearly say different. They say everybody can spectate and not that players have the right to request a password. If swissboy is serious about this, he should give a warning to memb, SY, VNA for breaking the rules
No, it says in the rules:
Keep in mind that spectating is a privilege, not a right. Act accordingly.
And this thread is acting precisely as if it was a right. The poster could have asked nicely for the password but instead complained here, quoted the rules incompletely and acted like he was a victim.
I do not know the reasons why Memb put the password but he will have his reasons, he does not need to disclose. No need blaming or attacking him, though his replies could have been more diplomatic as well.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018

And this thread is acting precisely as if it was a right. The poster could have asked nicely for the password but instead complained here, quoted the rules incompletely and acted like he was a victim.
I do not know the reasons why Memb put the password but he will have his reasons, he does not need to disclose. No need blaming or attacking him, though his replies could have been more diplomatic as well.
The way the rules are written clearly indicate that swissboyy granted this right to people until further notice. So starting off without allowing specs without providing a reason for it goes against the rules - and given that this is first day of BoA, I highly doubt that any spec could have acted in a way that would justify revoking their spec privilege

BulgariaRorarimbo

Known Member
Jan 10, 2016
Bulgaria

He said few times he has ppl bombarding him with messages. You can see him on the cam he is chatting with smbd all the time while casting and he admitted he is under stress in these situations. He is communicating with the players, casters, sending rules in chinese, vietnamese what not. It is very possible he even missed some msg or he cant check messages from random ppl atm.

Basicly if there was any respect or consideration there wasnt going to be drama but we are AoC community after all.

Last edited:

UnknownLittle_Jacob

Oct 23, 2017
As much as your work is really appreciated, swisboyy, the OP acted very politely, this isn't a "terrible topic" because he's not the only one who shares that opinion.
I hope that doesn't make you mad, and instead, that you could understand that the cause of this was that the rules are not specific enough. Just understand all of this as a feedback so the rules don't give margin to misinterpretations next time. :wink:

When you write "Anybody is welcome to cast, analyse or watch any game of the tournament" under the "Streaming & Spectating" rules, it is natural that some people will understand that they are welcome to watch the games in any of the two ways, be it throuhg streaming or spectating.

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
You are welcome to watch if you are polite and early enough to not disturb normal procedure and nobody has anything against you being there. That doesn't mean it's your right to watch. There's a second part to the paragraph quoted, maybe try to read the thing as a whole. It was clear enough for the last 3 tournaments I hosted.

Feb 19, 2014
The last 3 tournaments your hosted didn't have that issue. Anyone was allowed to spectate any game. In today's sets of games, both rooms have been password protected.

1521304621162.png

So don't say that anybody is welcome to spectate if that is simply not the case. I asked politely Memb in private message (on Voobly) and on his stream chat the reason behind his password and if he could remove it. No answer. Henceforth this thread, stating the facts and asking if it was possible to set password-free rooms. And from both members managing this tournament (you and Memb if I can include him) I didn't get any answer but a laconic and bashing reaction.

Memb said:
im tired of this, really tired, and of robo in da house.
swissboyy said:
Spot on by Senor_Mordred. What a terrible topic.
Just update the rules if you don't want any discussion. I was not in the wrong.

AustriaThePr0phet

Nov 14, 2017
Austria
As much as your work is really appreciated, swisboyy, the OP acted very politely, this isn't a "terrible topic" because he's not the only one who shares that opinion.
I hope that doesn't make you mad, and instead, that you could understand that the cause of this was that the rules are not specific enough. Just understand all of this as a feedback so the rules don't give margin to misinterpretations next time. :wink:

When you write "Anybody is welcome to cast, analyse or watch any game of the tournament" under the "Streaming & Spectating" rules, it is natural that some people will understand that they are welcome to watch the games in any of the two ways, be it throuhg streaming or spectating.

THen read the whole rule maybe.
"The players can request for a spectator delay of up to 5:00 minutes and kick spectators but no team will be allowed to refuse the presence of an official streamer (see other topic) who has identified himself as such AND is LIVE on Twitch or any other streaming platform"

Maybe they asked for no specs, because very often those specs dont come back immediately you cant start again such stuff. Causes often Problems in a tournament they dont want that distraction so they Close it to specs instead of kicking everyone. is that not ok?
If I demand no specs than official streamers a Password is much better than kicking everyone manually

AustriaJuvenal

Known Member
May 22, 2017
Maybe they asked for no specs, because very often those specs dont come back immediately you cant start again such stuff. Causes often Problems in a tournament they dont want that distraction so they Close it to specs instead of kicking everyone. is that not ok?
that's the reason why you can kick all spectators out of a finished game immediately with !speckick

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Talk of the Empire
Tuesday 20:00 (GMT +02:00)
w/ Nili, Zak, TheMax, Rubi
LotH2 - Semifinals
Wednesday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
Yo vs vivi

Age Of Empires On Twitch