[BoA] Map Pool / - Guide / - Download

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
Latest changes:
- added two new all maps: "Beachfight" and "Dust"
- changed animals on and the name of some maps to polish look and feel
- Socotra: replaced water with forest, removed berries and changed name to NotSocotra
- Steppe: replaced the three yurts with two houses, tweaked the number of starting villagers and removed berries

Screenshots

Attachments

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017
Re: [BoA] Maps / Guide / Download

I'm pretty excited about this change, actually. Socotra is always one of my least favourite ones to watch in team-game tournaments because the 6-8 simultaneous trushes makes it an impossible task for the caster to determine what's even going on. My bet is without stone, but with the near-by starting positions, we're gonna get M@A Madness instead...

IndiaRogganWololo

Jun 3, 2013
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Excellent map pool, swisboyy and memb!

An excellent combination of aggressive and defensive maps!

A nomad start, a yolo aggressive map, a booming map. And a "Kinda" Arabia. 10/10 for the map pool!

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
Re complaints about extra zebras on Kindarabia:
Like standard Arabia the version of this pack has 3 extra deer for both players that have a minimum but no maximum distance to the player they belong to, in addition to their standard pack. That means one player can have more deer than the other. I'll take this deer pack out to make things more even for both sides.
Also, players currently start with 0 stone but have piles to mine on Socotra. I'll probably change that to players spawning with 20 stone (so they can build outposts) but removing all the stone piles on the map and replacing them with more golds so players will be forced to buy any defensive fortifications.

Thoughts on that or any bug reports or wishes for version 2 of the map pack?

Mar 14, 2010
for Arabia: increasing the amount of the elefant's food makes a boar / elefant steal even more significant.. just to have it said

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
^aware

Uploaded version two for all individual maps.
Compiled all of the new maps into a pack for teams to practice / players to mess around with.

Changelog and download see first post.

UnknownLanchi

Dec 19, 2016
Another interesting thing is the "attack time" (i don't know if this value have a official name?)
of Elephant and Boar

In the "attack time" it will stop running, but the Elephant's "attack time" is shorter
This make villager more dangerous, looking forward to watching DEATH 11

See this video: https://youtu.be/L_NzNE-S2k0

BulgariaRorarimbo

Known Member
Jan 10, 2016
Bulgaria
Had a look at the video. The Vil who is chased by an elephant dies after almost 24 tiles from the place she shot the first arrow. The distance that the vil chaced by the boar made is 33 tiles.

Feb 8, 2017
Hi, somebody can help me to install these maps, please.
When i played in voobly, nobody map appeared in the options.

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
Animals that are trapped between trees and the edge of the map is a general Arabia issue. There are a lot of ways to fix this (move players away from the edge of the map, increase base size, decrease wood) but all of them would mean changing the standard map most people seem to play 95% of the time. But if people would prefer a fixed map instead of staying close to the original I'm cool with that. Messaged a few team captains to collect their thoughts.

Btw: BoA_Kindarabia v2 is an old version of the map, the latest is called just BoA_Arabia.

Apr 21, 2014
Hi Swissboy!
Some HD player was asking for these maps on Reddit. I already made a mod for it and would like to make it public. Would you mind? Of course I will give credit to you in the description. I would also like to give credit to you as a co-author if you add me as friend on Steam.

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
Don't mind it at all, if everything is working well publish away.
Link to my steam profile is BASTI1 if you want to add me.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Road from 1.6k to 2k
Thursday 11:00 (GMT +02:00)
Daut's Road to 2k
ECL Europe East 4v4
Saturday 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
ECL Europe East 4v4 Finals
Weekend Smackdown