Units die after pause

Oct 14, 2010
Hello aoe community, i have strange problem, when somebody pause game, and i try to chat, after unpause one selected unit die, or tc delete, stable delete etc..
in first time i think problem is in my keyboard, then i buy one very good Corsair gaming keyboard but problem still exists, today in game 3 pause , 3 kngs die, one in each pause,
Problem is only when i chat in paused game, i format my computer and problem still exists :frown:

somebody have same problem?
solution? reason this happen?

Thanks

Oct 14, 2010
yes missclick during pause can be reason of my problem,

i will explain Screenshot_1.png

and here is my finger
Screenshot_2.png

is currently joke, but my finger is little but fat and miss click can be reason . because Enter area in keyboard i dont use during game, only when chatting,

i try with key remapper to move delete key one line upper,
Screenshot_3.png

hope this will fix my problems,

GermanyKing_Marv

Longswordman
May 27, 2016
Germany
Hello aoe community, i have strange problem, when somebody pause game, and i try to chat, after unpause one selected unit die, or tc delete, stable delete etc..
in first time i think problem is in my keyboard, then i buy one very good Corsair gaming keyboard but problem still exists, today in game 3 pause , 3 kngs die, one in each pause,
Problem is only when i chat in paused game, i format my computer and problem still exists :frown:

somebody have same problem?
solution? reason this happen?

Thanks

check your hotkeys. you might have your del button on space or something.
so when you press that key during a pause and someone unpause in a unlucky moment you delete selected units/ buildings.

or your unpause/pause hotkey is your del hotkey at the same time.

AustraliaSocksyy

Halberdier
Nov 6, 2013
Australia
Voobly
Socksyy
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Only time I ever had something get deleted while the game is paused is if I had a unit or building selected prior to the pause, and while the pause was in effect I would type for chat, and accidentally mistype what key I have for delete with no chatbox, this will delete the unit or building you had selected as soon as the game becomes unpaused.

Not sure what the issue is that you have though, seems strange and never happened to me before. Unless it has and I simply never noticed it.

Oct 14, 2010
@King_Marv i check in registry if there is remapped keys, (or i will remap del to other key)

after @Socksyy explain, i try to test in single player, and yes, if you have selected unit, and during pause you pres delete button, this unit will die after pause, (my opinion is that this is bug and need to be fixed) because action during pause should not affect game,

BelgiumGentle

Jun 1, 2012
Voobly
https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123502771
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
@King_Marv i check in registry if there is remapped keys, (or i will remap del to other key)

after @Socksyy explain, i try to test in single player, and yes, if you have selected unit, and during pause you pres delete button, this unit will die after pause, (my opinion is that this is bug and need to be fixed) because action during pause should not affect game,
It's different in multiplayer. You can't queue action during pause there.
(Funny enough u can still do some UI stuff like selecting units, deselecting units, 'go-to-last-notification', 'go-to-last-view', ...)

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 3v3 LB Semifinal
Wednesday 20:30 (GMT +01:00)
Peter sings a song vs Lunacy
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Friday 12:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final