- Dec 9, 2014
In this post you will find all the maps you need for your participation in SY Nations Cup 2017. Every map for SY Nations Cup 2017 has been created as a custom SYNC_ map and a custom SYNC_ map should be used for every game of the tournament. All of the maps have been created with a view to making them more competitive for high-level play without taking away the randomness which contributes to the enduring popularity of random map gameplay in AoC.
Some general changes which affect all of the maps include:
- Fair access to fish.
- Resources tuned for all maps, such as distances to far golds and sheep, forest distribution, etc.
- Nomad-style maps and maps with Nomad-style areas such as Migration share a model (adjusted for each map) for creating a more even distribution of resources across the map.
As usual we will monitor maps and player's opinions and remove/adjust as and where necessary.
- AoC: Transfer the .rms to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Random" folder.
It should now appear in the game lobby under "Custom" Map Style.
- AoFE: Transfer the .rms to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Games\Forgotten Empires\Script.RM" folder. It should now appear in the game lobby under "Custom" Map Style.
- AoC HD edition (Steam): Transfer the .rms to "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\resources\_common\random-map-scripts" folder. It should now appear in the game lobby under "Custom" Map Style.
- Teams may choose any of the following maps as their home map.
- Maps cannot be repeated in a set. That is, a home map may not be the same as a set map or a previously played map, and any game where a losing team may choose from a range of maps, they may not choose a previously played map.