SOLVED Spectator overlay dead

Nov 23, 2018
hey guys,

for a few weeks now my spectator overlay is gone. i tried installing mods, reinstalling, different combinations of mods, but it still doesnt work. its just like it isnt there as soon as i start the recs or live specs. i cant activate it with "!overlaysettings" or ctrl shift s.

any advices for me?

here my mods:

Attachments

GermanyJineapple

Well Known Pikeman
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
JineappleAOE
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
It might not be this specific mod - there's a certain limit to how many visual mods you can have at the same time (not sure if if installed or active). That might be the issue here.
To work around this, you can try using aoe2tools to install those visual mods you always have on offline, then you can deinstall them from the voobly mods.

GermanyDemEyesRed

May 21, 2018
I had similar issues in the past. For me the spectator overlay did not go well with Enhanced Terrains v2 GRID - No Snow. Now I use different mods with spectator overlay and it works perfectly :smile:

MexicoSouFire

Well Known Pikeman
Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
It hasn't been pointed, but there is a maximum of mods that you can have enabled at the same time, if you add more then some mods will not load, to me the max number of mods that i can use simultaneously is 17, it would be great to know if the there is a number limit or if it depends on the number of replaced files.

Ireland_Melkor

Two handed swordman
Jun 20, 2011
I'm so glad this topic showed up. When I saw the thing about a max amount of mods, I went and undid a bunch of irrelevant ones I had on, and now my spectator overlay works again.
(Spontaneously stopped working a few months ago; now I know why!)

GermanyJineapple

Well Known Pikeman
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
JineappleAOE
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
It hasn't been pointed, but there is a maximum of mods that you can have enabled at the same time, if you add more then some mods will not load, to me the max number of mods that i can use simultaneously is 17, it would be great to know if the there is a number limit or if it depends on the number of replaced files.
Pretty sure it's not a fixed number, either it's about the amount of replaced files or their size. For now the best way around this (if you want to keep all mods) is to make those mods you have always on (probably grid, small trees, etc.) permanent with aoe2tools and/or WololoKingdoms, then the other ones should be fine.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2
Friday 18:30 (GMT +01:00)
Vivi vs JonSlow
DERAC - Quarterfinal #3