Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
hihi <3
Can anyone confirm that this guy (Zeitgeist__ ) is using monk macro arround min 36 to convert the woads?

EDIT: seems it's not. My mistake, sorry

Attachments

Germanywattle

Bronze Supporter
Jun 14, 2012
The monks start converting one after another, so I don't think he used a deselecting macro.
To my knowledge the typical behaviour when using a deselecting macro would be, a group of monks starting to convert all together.

ArgentinaImRiver

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 22, 2012
www.taringa.net
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Unknownrmcoo

Apr 13, 2012
Lithuania
Even after watching the rec? Mmm i have to say I strongly disagree and a pal that watched it with me told me before I said anything, that this looks like monk hack too, but if most of you guys think that way we might be wrong.
Just be sure to put it at game speed when you watching.
Dude, I even showed to couple of people and all of them were laughing at the sheer stupidity of this post. Perhaps you do not play arena but this is completely normal monk move that even most 16xx arena players could do. It may or may not be numbered monks but not even remotely close to a macro.

Czech RepublicDraCoNT

Halberdier
Jan 5, 2016
Dude, I even showed to couple of people and all of them were laughing at the sheer stupidity of this post. Perhaps you do not play arena but this is completely normal monk move that even most 16xx arena players could do. It may or may not be numbered monks but not even remotely close to a macro.
I find this post way more stupid...

ArgentinaImRiver

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 22, 2012
www.taringa.net
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Even after watching the rec? Mmm i have to say I strongly disagree and a pal that watched it with me told me before I said anything, that this looks like monk hack too, but if most of you guys think that way we might be wrong.
Just be sure to put it at game speed when you watching.
I don't play arena, so forgive my ignorance in the topic. And I already said its obvious it's not the same macro. I would honestly not be so sure that it isn't. You and your friends are pretty special if the laughed from this, I would recommend that you find a good psychiatrist. A 16xx can't do this, of that I'm sure, and you sound pretty condescending.

ArgentinaImRiver

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 22, 2012
www.taringa.net
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
You should play arena on the other hand. Your very grown up response while not inducing any drama and blaming people for cheating without having any actual proof? Yeah, perfect fit for an arena player. :smile:
I asked for people's opinion.
"Can anyone confirm" while stating my opinion "seems obvious to me" . I didn't make a blind topic saying everyone block zeitgeist__ without rec or video. I uploaded both, so that we could discuss this as a group. On the other hand, you came and said "you laughed at my stupidity", and that I find kind of weird.

Unknownrmcoo

Apr 13, 2012
Lithuania
You should play arena on the other hand. Your very grown up response while not inducing any drama and blaming people for cheating without having any actual proof? Yeah, perfect fit for an arena player. :smile:
"Can anyone confirm" while stating my opinion "seems obvious to me" . I didn't make a blind topic saying everyone block zeitgeist__ without rec or video. I uploaded both, so that we could discuss this as a group. On the other hand, you came and said "you laughed at my stupidity", and that I find kind of weird.
If you are putting so much emphasis on quoting, you might as well not add quotation marks to an extract of my sentence that is not even correct.

BrazilDFH_Risque

Apr 26, 2010
When you say that seemed obvious for you he was using the macro means you didnt even watch how the macro works.

Ireland_Melkor

Jun 20, 2011
River, you can see in the video that each monk started converting a brief moment after the one before.
This is very typical when you have your monks numbered under control groups 2-3-4-5-6-7-8.
He sees your woads and simply taps those numbers, and then the woads.
If he was using a monk macro, all the monks would start converting at the same time, and then they would start deselecting to target different units. This would appear as all monks facing one direction and waving, and then suddenly one by one facing different directions.
It is very very clear that it was just numbered monks 11

ArgentinaImRiver

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 22, 2012
www.taringa.net
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I didn't know there was a single option for a macro that could eventually work to micro monks, I thought it was just one example, and that some other ways may appear with time. I suppose I was wrong, my bad, cheers!

Swedenfuthark1

Dec 25, 2015

GermanyJineapple

Known Member
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
_Melkor said:
If he was using a monk macro, all the monks would start converting at the same time, and then they would start deselecting to target different units. This would appear as all monks facing one direction and waving, and then suddenly one by one facing different directions.
Isnt slam exaclty doing this - with pure micro?

https://clips.twitch.tv/FairCheerfulCobblerUWot

https://clips.twitch.tv/EntertainingCre ... garMingLee
Well both tactics can be done manually or with macros. The difference is that if you're using a macro, it makes more sense to use deselecting (and we do know a macro exists for that). So, someone using deselecting isn't proof they're using a macro, but if they're not using deselecting, that makes it unlikely that they're using a macro.

Ireland_Melkor

Jun 20, 2011
_Melkor said:
Isnt slam exaclty doing this - with pure micro?

https://clips.twitch.tv/FairCheerfulCobblerUWot

https://clips.twitch.tv/EntertainingCre ... garMingLee
It depends on the speed at which monks start looking different directions. The macro simply allows you to keep your mouse fixed on the enemy units; you click on an enemy than press the macro key which deselects the monk, and then click on the next unit. This allows you to convert different units at the speed that numbering monks allows you to do; but the big differences are that you can have all monks under group 1, instead of all nine numbers, and all of them start converting immediately, which allows for faster conversion time.
What slam is doing is probably a lot slower than the monks in rivers video, due to having to click on the monk for deselection and then go back to click on enemy units.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL Europe East 4v4
Saturday 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
ECL Europe East 4v4 Finals
Weekend Smackdown
Sunday 18:00 (GMT +02:00)
1 day event 1v1 on Yucatan
LotH2 - Semifinals