View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Hello ECL,
Again, a great initiative to have the map contest so we get to see some new, interesting and original content. It was a blast participating, and it's great to see all the fantastic work from the map makers brought into the competitive light. Thoroughly enjoying all of it.

Do you plan on releasing the scores/ratings of the map submissions? I think I speak on behalf of many when I say that information like this could be extremely valuable feedback for us - something we often lack in our little map-making community.
I assume the maps were judged on different categories and seeing where your maps do well and where they're lacking could help everyone create something bigger and better in the future.
Thank you!

United StatesT-West

Well Known Pikeman
Feb 2, 2014
Voobly
TWest
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Do you plan on releasing the scores/ratings of the map submissions? I think I speak on behalf of many when I say that information like this could be extremely valuable feedback for us - something we often lack in our little map-making community.
We're not currently planning on releasing these scores. With other map competitions I've seen, for example, Hszemi has a rather nice website set up for the judges to review a few maps and leave detailed comments on them. We had never planned on releasing scores, and I don't think it would be very useful without planning and organization beforehand to make sure the feedback is clear and useful for the map makers. The goal of judging was always to pick maps for the ECL---we never wrote feedback with the intention of returning it to the mapmaker.

We also have ~30 submissions for each round, and we eliminate most of those before focusing more closely on around 4-5 maps. That means the vast majority of map submissions don't really have detailed feedback, and I don't think that simply releasing a few numbers from a spreadsheet is the best way to give feedback.

Further, the judges were not told ahead of time that their scores would be released publicly, and I don't want suddenly to release their scores without their approval.

I think we certainly should change this aspect of the judging for future competitions. We'll just need to figure out an infrastructure for writing and organizing the feedback in a helpful way.

I can, however, take some time to write up some general comments about the maps (once robo has made the announcement posts for the remaining winners). And if anyone has a few maps about which they want more detailed feedback, then they can PM me and I'll be happy to give them more details about them.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Hidden Cup 2 Qualification Final
Wednesday 22:00 (GMT +01:00)
dogao vs LaaaaaN
DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2