[KotD] QF TheMax vs slam

MexicoSouFire

Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
As this tournament is full of unpredictables outcomes then just maybe viper is not going to win this one :roll:

Jul 2, 2013
傻逼
i know right, this is so satisfying to see a new generation coming up in aoc.

Heartt, TheMax, Lierreyy, Vinchester, all young all roxx. Four TyRants out of the tourney, MbL and TaToH out very fast also… even in dreams of trolling I couldn't find a more satisfying outcome.

WK and this tournament gave us the breeze of fresh air we all needed. :o-o:ops:

UnknownFunito

May 23, 2008
Unexpected? Unexpected was slam reaching QF in a tourney (althought i think he is much better than his tourney's version)

FranceTarsiz

Longswordman
Feb 27, 2017
Reykjavik

Unknown_Andrew

Well Known Pikeman
Jan 2, 2013
I wouldn't say unexpected. I thought it was a 50-50 matchup going in. Max has been really good for a while now

Indiak_the_foodie

Apr 24, 2014
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I don't think slam chocked. He played great entire series. Last game TheMax had better civ and better map. Also he was in incredible form.

United StatesSpring_

Halberdier
Nov 28, 2010
San Diego, CA
www.lclan.com

Heartt, TheMax, Lierreyy, Vinchester, all young all roxx. Four TyRants out of the tourney, MbL and TaToH out very fast also… even in dreams of trolling I couldn't find a more satisfying outcome.

These players have been around and good for a long time, the change is the patch being heavily geared to favor team game /turtle type players. If your a TG fan and never really liked 1v1 because it was to hard to get to your favorite imperial age composition then this is the time for you!

UnknownLanchi

Dec 19, 2016
IMO the draft cost the series

In my own states, i ignore some game that i think it is due to players difference
and then Aztecs and Burmese got more than 85% win rate in R1 R2, which is ~20% more than the 3rd civ
(I'm not gonna point out which games i ignore because it's a little disrespect to players)
So if Aztecs and Burmese really is another level, it's not good to give up a ban and leave it to opponent

And also the luck stands
if one of they exchange G4 G5 civ, the outcome maybe different

Anyway ggwp both, thanks for this amazing series

MexicoSouFire

Mar 11, 2011
Mexico

These players have been around and good for a long time, the change is the patch being heavily geared to favor team game /turtle type players. If your a TG fan and never really liked 1v1 because it was to hard to get to your favorite imperial age composition then this is the time for you!
Now say it without crying :lol:

Feb 16, 2016
Netherlands
www.reddit.com

Did you even read the patch notes spring?

FranceTarsiz

Longswordman
Feb 27, 2017
Reykjavik
And also the luck stands
if one of they exchange G4 G5 civ, the outcome maybe different
Could be luck... or mind games!
In G4, one of the players has his back against the wall and cannot afford to lose. So it could be expected that he picks the strongest civ of the two he has left. With that in mind, his opponent would want to keep *his* strongest civ for the final match, so it's a gamble. :wink:

Aland Islandskw1k000000

Known Member
Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Slam lost that draft pretty hard. Somehow he won as Celts vs Malians else this would have been an easy 3-1.

This is what I don't like about non mirror games. It's more about civs rather than skill in game. With a weaker civ you really have to play at 120% and hope your opponent is slacking.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL Europe East 4v4
Saturday 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
ECL Europe East 4v4 Finals
Weekend Smackdown
Sunday 18:00 (GMT +02:00)
1 day event 1v1 on Yucatan
St4rk vs Mattheus Bo5 Showmatch presented by DemEyesRed