AOE-HD Is Impossible for a Inca player to win againts an Aztec play

UnknownLunatrap

Sep 11, 2015
Costa Rica
I play the forgotten from the HD edition just so you know

i have come to big struggles with the aztecs, the combination of Monk + Siege or Monk + Pikes or Monk + Eagle Warrior is SO! hard to counter, in my opinion Aztec monks should not have block printing, so they are counterable with foot archers

but the good way to counter for a Magyar/Mongol/Hun player is Cavarly Archers(Mangudai) + Light Cavarly(Magyar Huzsar) to counter monks + all of the combination above (is harder for the Eagle Warrior + Monk) but from cheapness of Light Cavarly is possible to win, but how will a Inca win againts a Aztec?

their monks are inferior, their eagles warrior are the worst of the mesoamerican civs, and the kamayuk is worthless since there is not cavarly, so the inca player is shit out of luck? the only possible combination is slinger + eagle warrior

the slinger helps for the pikes and ealgle warriors, and the (inferior but neccesary) eagle warriors will get to the monks fast, thats my only solution, wich i must say suck for the incas, they got the short end of the stick

in my opinion, Incas should get Garland Wars, not the aztecs, it sucks! they are too OP

MexicoSouFire

Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
Re: Is Impossible for a Inca player to win againts an Aztec

If you get incas drush+trush and you can become 2k in few days in the HD platform.

UnknownSky95

Mar 15, 2013
Mar 24, 2015
United States
www.twitch.tv

Sounds like you are talking about imperial age fighting? I see the monk + siege/pike enough in the castle age, but pretty rare I've come across it in HD when the imperial age hits. I only use monks in imperial when there are beefy units to grab like paladins and elephants. Otherwise imperial age ecos/armies should be able to make enough units to over whelm monks in most cases. If you are talking about castle age take advantage of the cheaper stone cost for inca buildings and get a castle up early. managols behind the castle to kill rams at the base of it. You can even palaside the managols to keep eagles off them. I always prefer AoF games to the classic HD but only have about 15-30 games with each new civ. I think Inca's best army is Kamayuk/Slinger/Onager. mix in a few champions if they are heavy on eagles. I guess you are talking about 1v1? I'm 99 percent TG's so it's not a common scenario for me.

Soul does have a good point though, tower rush would be a good way to put the pressure on them so you won't be facing a monk siege FC. Again keeping in mind, Inca buildings cost less stone. Good scouting also is imperative(in any game). Finding out what your enemy is doing before the army is at your base will save you so much.

Feb 19, 2014

I couldn't hold myself googling "lunatrap" on Google... After clicking on the first link, I now need to clean my browser history before my gf comes by. I warned you!

Aug 17, 2015

There are some pretty weird balance choices in FE. Generally it seems the balance is worse than AoC.

Nov 30, 2013
hawaii
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Disclaimer: I do not play The Forgotten.

What map you are playing? Incas start with a free llama and their houses hold double population, which gives your economy possibly better compared to Aztecs. You can afford both a tower and a tc with your starting stone. So your early game is good.

The slinger is a counter to elite Eagles, even though it needs a castle you can train it from archery ranges, and your castles cheaper to help you make slingers.. You should be able to just out boom Aztecs.

Q: Do slingers still get a bonus vs siege? I heard it was removed but not sure. Anyway, I thought slingers beat elite Eagles...

Monks should be stopped by making towers or castles and garrisoning. So your main problem is enemy siege, but your eagle warriors are faster to reach mangonels, and Rams are actually pretty easy to fight with your own siege.

If Aztecs make archer skirms, you might lose because of Atlatls. Do skirmishers and arbs beat slingers? Not sure if slingers are an archer unit or not

Kamayuk is meant to be massed, because he has 1 range so 1v1 he loses, but he wins when numbers are bigger even vs champions... Maybe. Aztec champions are special but you have slingers which are more special :D

UnknownSky95

Mar 15, 2013

There are some pretty weird balance choices in FE. Generally it seems the balance is worse than AoC.
It might be off topic here, but can you elaborate this a bit? We are working on improving the balance, so feedback is always welcome.
I'm not him, but I really think you should give aztecs loom back. they simply suck now.
Also cows having 40 more food confuses me, as I see no specific reason behind it (no critism, but I would really like that fact explained, that you sometimes simply get 8x40 food more)... is it, so britons have a stronger dark age? If so, why just sometimes and 2 out of 3 times you still get only 100 food? :?

Nov 30, 2013
hawaii
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Please note I've only played the mod version, and stopped playing a year or two ago. My thoughts are out of date and contaminated by what I read on the steam forums

The reason I do not own the HD edition is partly money, but mostly hearing bad things, and that the campaigns did not have voice acting (extreme turn off). If I were to give a civ review in the mod version, my impressions are very quick ones - I may not be fully accurate becUse I read the steam forums a lot, and am not sure of the differences. Now here I go

Bad- you nerfed mangudai so they don't kill all siege. I understand you did for high level balance, but fun which is so much more important overrules it. This is a turn off to anyone who likes mangudai or sees unnecessary, even confusing change in this. Not everyone uses mangudai, but we still like them. (We being the non expert, the single player, etc). And the experts play AoC now anyway so ultimately the normal player market is so much more important. Expert play is good, but first things first takes into account the main consumer, and then you will have the second thing too. this is the approach that I would take if producing the African kingdoms, but I have no experience, yet, still learning other things. (Later, I will code a game or two, but I have more important things to do)

All the Forgotten civs have pretty negligible effects on their bonuses. I mean to say that they are small, weak or not well balanced. They also all have cheaper this or that, which is uninspired. If I were to review them fast

• Replace Italian 15% cheaper gunpowder. This bonus was unnoticeable in DM. A way better bonus would have been faster units, so much better. Silk Road makes trade carts cheaper, which may be helpful for gameplay, you must wonder how this is so relevant to average player. Condotierri are disappointing. I do not play water so I cannot comment there, except that you just made them cheaper which considering all the other cheaper things is so boring to think about. cheaper advancing bonus was small. Xbow guy was strong

Slavs had potential. The siege being cheaper was too small a bonus, so again I do not particularly care in DM games of that and it was way too small to affect my rm play. The military housing was a good idea. The main attraction was the boyars and Slavic hordes of infantry! THAT was what we wanted from these new civs :smile: the farming bonus was just useless and should be dropped entirely. (Is it a reference to the harsh, long winters of northern climates? :D

Indians have camels and tiered cheaper villagers. Don't understand the shore fishing, I doubt this is a reason to pick Indians. Cheaper villagers is a good attraction, but is too small. The elephant archers are reportedly great, but I read how they need extra range in official version for the visual reason rather than balance. I agree. No Knights makes every Indian dismayed, you can't expect players to adapt to this with balanced bonuses! (By this I mean experts can squeeze every last drop of blood out, and that is too high a bar). I would suggest the villager bonus to a flat 20% cheaper villagers bonus from the very start. Indians have big armies history, will need big economy. Because they lack Knights, it is a glaring weakness that can be filled by a bigger Eco, and justifies the missing knight line much better than camels.

Magyars! Sounds fun, but I must disagree with the UU. I know you wanted a 'trash' Uu, but this is - again - not very viable in DM games. Not everybody likes trash wars, the uu could have been better. I also disagree with the mercenaries tech that removed the gold cost, it's weird... Cheaper scouts are ok, my build orders aren't very precise to use this, but the free blacksmith upgrades seems good. Do villagers kill wolves in one strike in the mod? Idk, but they do in the forgotten which is cool :smile:

Finally, we get to the Incas! Right off the bat, they're seeming confused. The cheaper stone buildings takes from both the franks and the Mayans, ooh. The slinger was a bit weird to watch because he swings, and then stands still? Where I would expect him to be in motion continuously like AOE:ROR. Weakest eagle warrior of the meso civs indisputably. Slingers do counter elite eagle warriors though, which is very nice :smile: Not really remarkable otherwise. (Kamayuk was a nice idea, but not so safe from his counters, not a power unit). Incas are just missing a really strong main unit, kind of like Vikings late game

Mar 24, 2015
United States
www.twitch.tv

They are doing English voice acting for the new expansion and changing up the campaign formats. There has been a lot of complaints about both so that's great news if you like campaigns. When I play a game I like to experience all it has to offer so I always go through all the single player options and then keep the game interesting by switching to the competitive multiplayer scene.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Weekend Smackdown
Sunday 18:00 (GMT +02:00)
1 day event 1v1 on Yucatan
LotH2 - Semifinals
Sunday 19:00 (GMT +02:00)
TheViper vs MbL
St4rk vs Mattheus Bo5 Showmatch presented by DemEyesRed