Extreme Streamer Showdown Tournament Details

United StatesNerdRageQuit

Dec 7, 2017
twitch.tv
Hello everyone,

I am organizing and hosting a tournament for AOE streamers. Calling it "Epic Streamer Showdown". Currently there are 11 streamers signed up, here they are:

Slamjam
SpringTV
UltraMegaMondo
BloodyNival
Frivieea
Gamerthyrst
Klavskis
Wildling_89
Colmongo
CosmosTV
Rgeadn

Details on this tournament are still pending as I am still waiting to hear back from streamers. My hope is that this tournament will be started sometime in the next week or two. So keep a lookout here for details on who is playing when.

If you are a streamer and are interested in participating please message me directly. Any streamer of any rating is welcome. This is all for fun!

I will be streaming all of the games from my twitch channel "twitch.tv/nerdragequit" and streamers will also be streaming their own games when they play.

-----------------
NerdRageQuit

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
Sounds fun, but what are the settings? Wouldn't most games be pretty one-sided (slam and Spring should easily win vs everyone else)

Dec 7, 2017
twitch.tv
SETTINGS! Great question. Games will be 1v1 and played on the Giga Random map type. I will be making minor tweaks to the seeds and choosing map seeds that I think will be the most entertaining to watch.

My hope for the tournament is to help grow the streaming community and give streamers the opportunity to play against each other. It is mainly for fun and currently the only thing the winner will get is a shoutout in my channel details on twitch. (People are more than willing to donate some prize money for the victor but that is not expected or necessary). I just thought it would be a fun and creative idea!

I am gathering all the streamers ELO ratings so at least hopefully the first few games will be more even. But yes, the better players will end up winning the tournament.

Dec 7, 2017
twitch.tv
The tournament bracket is live on my stream right now. Follow NerdRageQuit on twitch to catch all of the games.

Players include:

TheViper
TaToH
SlamJam
BacT
Spring
JonSnow
Rgeadn
UltraMegaMondo
Klavskis
Colmongo
Jomenall
Alkhalim
BloodyNival
Wildling_89
Director_Play
Gamerthyrst

United Statessmarthy_

Known Member
Mar 29, 2015
Minneapolis
www.twitch.tv
It's really a shame that no female streamers are involved. I'm not sure if any were invited (I wasn't), but Odette streams all the time, I stream quite a bit, and so does bean__dip. And I'd say we all stream age of empires 2 as our "main game".

Maybe they were invited and I'm not aware, but I don't like the impression this gives.

Mexicomalamadre

Jul 15, 2014
It's really a shame that no female streamers are involved. I'm not sure if any were invited (I wasn't), but Odette streams all the time, I stream quite a bit, and so does bean__dip. And I'd say we all stream age of empires 2 as our "main game".
f you are a streamer and are interested in participating please message me directly. Any streamer of any rating is welcome. This is all for fun!

cmmon, dont create drama

United StatesInfluenza

Two handed swordman
Jul 7, 2011
come on guys all smarthy wants is a personalized hand-written invitation on papyrus delivered to her doorstep at least 1 week before the tournament starts, really not too much to ask

AustraliaManu

Known Member
Mar 5, 2015

Dec 7, 2017
twitch.tv

Maybe they were invited and I'm not aware, but I don't like the impression this gives.
Hello Smarthy, over the period of about 4 days I just invited streamers that I saw on. Odette was invited and declined. NanoJade was also invited and didn't seem very interested. I also invited Noami and didn't get a response. So I definitely made a deliberate effort to get female streamers involved. During the time I was selecting streams I may just not have seen you online. I will make a note to include you in future tournaments (I plan to do more with streamer only tournaments).

Thanks for your response.

Dec 7, 2017
twitch.tv
If you haven't seen it yet here is the final lineup and bracket order.
https://imgur.com/a/tim6D

Currently we have 1 match set for tomorrow (Sunday).
There are at least 3 matches currently set up to be played this Monday. (Times are subject to change but as of now this is what we have.)

-Sunday-
UltraMegaMondo vs Gamerthyrst (16:00 GMT)

-Monday-
Rgeadn vs Director_Play (21:00 GMT)
St4rk vs Wildlin_89 (22:00 GMT)
SPring vs BloodyNival (23:00 GMT)

- Trying to schedule a game for 20:00GMT as well and it would me Jomenall vs SlamJam, (waiting to hear back)

These times are rough estimates and depend on the length of games.
To catch all of the games you can follow my channel here https://twitch.tv/nerdragequit
Or simply follow the streamers of games you would like to see!

Enjoy the show!
NerdRageQuitN

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Road from 1.6k to 2k
Thursday 11:00 (GMT +02:00)
Daut's Road to 2k
LotH2 - Quarterfinals
Thursday 19:00 (GMT +02:00)