[BoA] What teams do you expect to see?

Switzerlandswissboyy

Halberdier
Apr 29, 2012
Will Argentina and Brazil combine forces?
Is Finland sticking together?
Will we see some NaBs?
How many teams will TyRanT field and how will they look?
What's the strongest team China could put together?

Who do you think are the favorites?

Franceedie

Champion
Monk
May 9, 2013
Dogao nicov Miguel tatoh, if they practice a bit they should dévastor all others, tyrant can top 5(maybe top3 if they do one team with all their best) AM and chinese SY(with vivi) should also top 5, hope bact play with accm cool and yellow

LatviaklavskisLV

Aug 1, 2016
Re: [BoA] What teams do you expect to see? Who are the favs?

2 Tyrant teams (jordan Daut Viper) (Riut Slam F1re) Might see a +1 for either i guess
VNS (ACCM Bact Yellow/Cool)
SY (Yo Paladin VIVI, lyx)
Frantic/Ema ?>?
Brazil/Arg lineup (Dogao Miguel Nicov) +1 i guess
aM (MBL liereyy heartt)
Finland team(NC lineup)
Nabs(8th Wonder, Spaden, Mentalist)

SpainPoxo

Champion
Oct 27, 2012
Madrid, Spain
Voobly
Poxo
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Tyrant - If f1re comes back they can have 2 teams.
Sy - Lyx, Yo, Vivi and Fengxin, after Rennycheung resignation I don't believe Frantic will be as active as before
Am - Expected
VNS Cool might need to play some 1vs1 to fit in 11
Migaovh - Miguel, Dogao, Nicov and tatoh

Finland, TheMax, Villese and Ruben are active, zuppy and PikePie seem kind of out.
Nabs, not sure, Wonder is salty with everything, Spaden and Mentalist are active on DM, might be planing something

Forgotten active players that might do something:
St4rk, Vinchester, Edie, Feankor, Spring, LaaaaaN, Carlini :lol:
Hera said he wouldn't play, he doesn't have time.

BulgariaRorarimbo

Known Member
Jan 10, 2016
Bulgaria
I think We are looking at two Tyrant teams most likely. Viper, Jordan and Daut should be probably one with Riut , Slam, F1re (Bact) the second. Tyrant Legends and Warlords. It is also possible to see another combnations if they decide this is not optimal and they can have more competative setup.

SY will be Mr Yo, Lyx and Vivi who recently moved from Frantic. The three of them played few events recently and I think they are better than SY and Frantic were in the NC.

aM are very good and hungry for success so also cansidered as favourites. They just won the last weekend event by Nili.

Another team I see as a favourite is Nervo if they play togeter and use the same name as in the showdown event Twest and robo ran few month ago. The players we speak of are Nicov, Miguel, Dogao and Tatoh.

These four I would consider as favourites to win BoA and my prediction for the Play offs. I cannot even decide which of this configurations seem the strongest to me.

To fulfil the 8 teams there are some interesting opions. First of all the 2nd Tyrant team whoever it features, also VNS with or without Bact. Frantic can have very strong 3v3 lineup if they organise themselves. Good Finnish based team. The Max, Vilesse and Ruben seem to form a trio recently they may add Zuppi or Pike but its also possible to see Pike and Zuppi play for Nabs with Spaden, Mentalist, Wonder, Nick or smbd else. In fact I think its possible to have more than 1 strong Nabs Team. Also we can see a strong team formed by experts who dont belong to a strong clan like Edie, Hera, Vinchester, Stark etc.

GermanySkittle

Well Known Pikeman
Sep 4, 2010
Re: [BoA] What teams do you expect to see? Who are the favs?

2 Tyrant teams (jordan Daut Viper) (Riut Slam F1re) Might see a +1 for either i guess
VNS (ACCM Bact Yellow/Cool)
SY (Yo Paladin VIVI, lyx)
Frantic/Ema ?>?
Brazil/Arg lineup (Dogao Miguel Nicov) +1 i guess
aM (MBL liereyy heartt)
Finland team(NC lineup)
Nabs(8th Wonder, Spaden, Mentalist)
and these are 9 teams already... even the fight for signups will be interesting 11

United KingdomFall

Halberdier
Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Fallstar
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I don't think we've seen a significant clan based TG tournament since clan masters have we?

So really it's still tyrant and SY as favourites, aftermath/heartless kind of bombed last time when it actually mattered. Maybe this will be the event where they convert ratings into results though.

MoroccolinetyReborn

Well Known Pikeman
Oct 27, 2014

United StatesOrnLu528

Well Known Pikeman
Nov 8, 2012
Washington, DC
Voobly
_OrnLu
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
(just my guesses)

#1. aM' (Larry, Hearttt, MbL)
#2. grassDaut/TyranT A (Viper, DauT, JorDan)
#3. _SY_ (_Yo_, Vivi, Lyx)
#4. Winland (TheMax, Villese, Rubenstock)
#5. TyranT B (Slam, F1re, Riut)
#6. Brazil/Argentina (Miguel, St4rk, Nicov, Dogao) Some combination thereof
#7. VNS (ACCM, saymyname/Yellow, Cool, BacT?)
#8. NaBs (Zuppi, NorthernPike, Spaden, Lojza/Mentalist)

NetherlandsQulala

Jan 20, 2016
(just my guesses)

#1. aM' (Larry, Hearttt, MbL)
#2. grassDaut/TyranT A (Viper, DauT, JorDan)
#3. _SY_ (_Yo_, Vivi, Lyx)
#4. Winland (TheMax, Villese, Rubenstock)
#5. TyranT B (Slam, F1re, Riut)
#6. Brazil/Argentina (Miguel, St4rk, Nicov, Dogao) Some combination thereof
#7. VNS (ACCM, saymyname/Yellow, Cool, BacT?)
#8. NaBs (Zuppi, NorthernPike, Spaden, Lojza/Mentalist)
If only the 8 highest are alowed i can see Nabs not even making the cut, maybe a team of Tatoh, Vinch + others instead, also i think only 1 Tyrant team will join

Unknownmogers87

Feb 26, 2017
Viper already hinted live on Stream to Daut and Jordan that he's not keen on teaming up with them if they don't practice seriously. Daut almost doesn't play these days :frown:

It would be a waste to have 4 strong players like Miguel, Dogao, Nicov and Tatoh teaming up. Assuming Daut doesn't come back, I'd love to see Viper teaming up with Tatoh and TheMax

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
It's 6000 USD, if that doesn't motivate daut to stop playing poker and start training, I don't know what will :cry:

Unknownmogers87

Feb 26, 2017

Franceedie

Champion
Monk
May 9, 2013
It's 6000 USD, if that doesn't motivate daut to stop playing poker and start training, I don't know what will :cry:
Don’t get wrong what I will say, and I don’t mean just about daut but overall, 6k prizepool is amazing. But 6k (50% for 1st, mean 3k, 3k/3 =1k per player) 1k for like what 2-3 month tournament? It’s way less than the minimum salary you can earn with 1 month of basic work, so if money is his motivation it doesn’t seems interesting to me. Wic was like 120.000 (i forgot exact number prize). To play aoc or invest time on it you have to enjoy it and have fun on it more than other hobby you can have, and not play for just money, unless earn something interesting enough with tournament + stream etc, but again need motivation for it because you don’t become a big streamer in one day.

BulgariaRorarimbo

Known Member
Jan 10, 2016
Bulgaria
Tha fact is that not only us but the plasyers themselves dont know yet.
I have been lurking around the streams last few weeks and here is what they have been speaking.

Two or three weeks ago both Slam and F1re have been indicating they will team RiuT to restore a Tyrant Warlords team. This was around Xmas. I guess they have been thinking Viper, Daut, Jordan is more or less set and they had no expectations to be teaming up Viper.

On the other hand around the same time Jordan said he wil play with daut and F1re because thats more fun. May be he was joking but may be not. Its possible Viper told him he prefer to play Slam and Riut at that point.

Last week I asked Bact is he going to play with VNS he said its possible but he may play with slamboy too.

Yesterday Riut said he will be playing in the tournament but he doesnt know in what team.

The Viper have been careful saying its early to know who he will be teaming and what Tyrant teams will be playing.

The fact is that aM, SY and Nervo ( Nicov, Miguel , Dogao, Tatoh) seem really strong teams at the moment and if Tyrants want to be competative they need to up their game. I guess if Jordan and Daut cant practise regularly the Viper may go and play with Slam and Riut. But again may be the players dont know yet. Its enough time they decide and set up teams.

BulgariaRorarimbo

Known Member
Jan 10, 2016
Bulgaria
Don’t get wrong what I will say, and I don’t mean just about daut but overall, 6k prizepool is amazing. But 6k (50% for 1st, mean 3k, 3k/3 =1k per player) 1k for like what 2-3 month tournament? It’s way less than the minimum salary you can earn with 1 month of basic work, so if money is his motivation it doesn’t seems interesting to me. Wic was like 120.000 (i forgot exact number prize). To play aoc or invest time on it you have to enjoy it and have fun on it more than other hobby you can have, and not play for just money, unless earn something interesting enough with tournament + stream etc, but again need motivation for it because you don’t become a big streamer in one day.
Agree with you. For the big players the motivation is Love for the game and Pride. Than comes the prize pool in most of the cases. The prize pool is pretty decent for AoC and I m sure it will increase quite a bit. But I think the pride (competition) is more important for them. It will be good idea if most of the teams dont wait mmuch before signing up despite there is almost two months for that. Thisway they will encourage/challenge eachother. That will also increase the chance more ppl support the prizepool for the tournament.

UnknownKratosyx

Jan 22, 2015
List of Rating 18/01/18

1 [aM']Liereyy 2547
5 Villese 2521
2 [_SY_]Yo__ 2509
[Lizard]Edie 2500
Tim_ 2456
VIK_Vinchester 2436
1 [aM']Hearttt 2403
2 [_SY_]_giggle 2400
1 [aM']MbL40C 2396
TaToH 2395
3 [TyRanT]TheViper 2394
4 [TyRanT]F1Re 2382
5 _TheMax_ 2374
6 Nicov 2355
3 [TyRanT]JorDan_23 2342
2 [_SY_]Lyx 2337
7 [TyRanT]BacT 2335

4 [TyRanT]slam 2328
3 [TyRanT]_DauT_ 2321
4 [TyRanT]RiuT 2319
LaaaaaN_ 2287
CL_ 2250
6 [LoS]miguelzin 2241

geoffrey 2219
[ONU]St4rk 2207
6 dogao 2206
8 [NaBs]Spaden 2189
Janik 2185
7 VNS_CooL_ 2177
7 ACCM 2162
8 No_Re_I_Go_Eat_ 2109
8 [NaBs]mentalists 2057
5 Rubenstock 2026

If all top player would be to sign up today! this would be the seeding. Who ever gets edie might get a better rating.If Frantic join, number 8 is out. If Tyrant only form 1 team, number 9 is in. Not sure who VIK_Vinchester could join. Tatoh could join with Laaan & Edie, Janik & CZ or Dogao's team. St4rk could join Dogao's team. Janik would join with CZ but they could get screwed by a 1v1 rating system.

UnknownTurbo_t11

Dec 18, 2017
Commenting as a fan (and donor) of watching the tournaments as I only have a few games on Steam, but I have a "hobby" I'd like to relate.
I build and field (drive occasionally in multi driver enduros) road race cars that my son drives in Porsche Club Racing in North American Porsche Club sanctioned events in the U.S.A.

Even building all segments of the car myself (read free labor), from roll cage & safety, paint and body, engine/transmission, suspension, etc., etc., it's easy to have $20-$30,000 invested in a car. I have $8,000 US tied up in a single race engine that I am currently assembling.

Like some of the "experts" or "pros" in AOE, my son is at a top level, finished 2nd in all of N.A. one year and can beat any given driver at any given track we frequent in class cars that we build ourselves right in my backyard race shop.

Just to enter an event at a major track like Circuit of the Americas (Austin Tx), Daytona International Speedway (Florida), Sebring International Road Race Circuit (Florida), we have to PAY a $600 entry fee, $3-400 travel expenses (tow), $4-500 amenities (hotel) and at least 2 sets of tires at $1200 US each, race fuel, consumables.

No prize money whatsoever short of a discount certificate applied to purchasing race parts/tires from a sponsor.

None of my suppliers take Membeuros... :sick:

To have a hobby, play a game and get paid cash money for a top 4 result is just icing on the cake.

If you think it takes time to practice AOE, you should see what it takes to build, test, adjust, tweak, repeat a front running road race car for -O- monetary reward.... :lol:

Gonna make one of these cars visible here soon, as I have discussed with Memb about flying MembTv markings/logo right on the car for some hype for the Loberboys.

Now, in keeping on topic, I'd like to see classicpro + Vinchester + Keif in a BOA team.... :shock:

T

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Bluewolf Showmatch ($10) Episode 2
Saturday 12:30 (GMT +01:00)
TheHappyBoar vs PaperHades
DeZu's showmatch $100 TheYo vs Lyx, full 7 games
Saturday 14:00 (GMT +01:00)
TheYo vs Lyx showmatch