Realms is a project to consider more of the medieval world. Explore new ways to build and wage war in the peaks of the Himalayas, the coast of Peru, the jungles of Southeast Asia, Cilicia, Manchuria, and Europe with twelve new civilizations:
Available for download at AoK Heaven, Voobly and Moddb
•Armenians- From Yerevan to Cilicia, defend your lands from a multitude of foes.
•Balts- Form a mighty commonwealth to subdue the encroaching crusader.
•Bamars- Command the rise of Pagan, Ava, Hanthawaddy, or Taungoo.
•Bohemians- Forge an invincible army powered by innovative tactics and the fervor of your people.
•Bulgars- Carve out a domain under the hooves of your armored cavalry.
•Chimus- Challenge the Inca for supremacy of the Andes.
•Dutch- Protect your economic interests with powerful militia armies.
•Helvetians- Revive the discipline of the phalanx in battles once ruled by mounted knights.
•Jurchens- Contend with the Han, Khitai, and Mongols for a Golden Dynasty.
•Khmers- Dominate Southeast Asia with vast armies, cultural strength, and mastery of war elephants.
•Tufans- Descend from the Himalayas to forge an enduring empire.
•Viets- Drive out would-be conquerors with relentless guerrilla tactics and subterfuge.
· Knights and Castle units +0/1 Armor, +1/1 in Imperial Age
· Stable Techs cost -25%
· Monks 20% cheaper in Imperial Age
Unique Unit: Ayrudzi (cavalry)
Unique Techs: Asfin Al-Armani (Generate food, wood, and stone trickle); Azatavrear (Cavalry +1 damage)
Team Bonus: Monasteries work 20% faster
· Buildings +2 LOS
· Cavalry 15% faster
· Knights cost -10% Castle, -15% Imperial Age
· Fishing Ships 10/20/30% cheaper Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age
Unique Unit: Vytis (anti-cavalry mounted skirmisher)
Unique Techs: Hillforts (Towers cheaper, palisades +60% hp); Voivods (Light Cavalry 5% faster, +0/1 armor)
Team Bonus: Knights +2 attack vs gunpowder units
Archer and Monk Civilization
· Monasteries 25% cheaper
· Foot Archers have 10/15/20% more health Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age
· Archery range techs cost -30%
· Mangonels have increased bonus vs buildings
Unique Unit: Howdah (cavalry)
Unique Techs: Stockade (Palisades stronger, 3X cost); Pwe-kyaung (Monks regenerate faith faster)
Team Bonus: Scorpions +10 attack vs buildings
Archer and Infantry Civilization
· Archery Ranges -15% cost
· +5 Villager hit points for each Town Center technology
· Heresy free
· Archers, hand cannoneers +1/2 pierce armor Castle/Imperial Age
Unique Units: Taborite (Infantry), Trestle Gun (Scorpion), Wagenburg (Tower)
Unique Techs: Tabors (Enable Wagenburg); Houfnice (Bombard Towers do extra damage vs rams)
Team Bonus: Barracks -15% cost
· Can create cows from town center
· Spearman, skirmishers, and light cavalry are created 33% faster
· Knights attack 20% faster
· Cavalry Archers +3 attack vs. spearmen
Unique Unit: Bagain (cavalry)
Unique Techs: Pirgos (Improve Castle armor); Auxiliaries (Light cavalry gain bonus vs. archers, villagers)
Team Bonus: Skirmishers +1 attack vs. cavalry archers
· Infantry +1/0 armor Feudal, +1/1 Castle, +2/1 Imperial Age
· Masonry and Architecture free
· Barracks techs cost no gold
· Repairers work 2X faster
· Villagers move 10% faster
Unique Unit: Chimor Warrior (infantry)
Unique Techs: Huacas (Increase building garrison room); Tlacochtli (Skirmishers 25% faster, +10 HP)
Team Bonus: Blacksmiths work 50% faster
· Infantry +1 attack
· Castles +2000 hp
· Farms smaller, cheaper, hold less food
· Militia line costs -10 gold, +10 food
Unique Units: Ruiter (Regenerating Cavalry), Beguine (Healer)
Unique Techs: Goedendag (Militia line have anti-cavalry bonus); Merchants (Trade Carts +30 hp, markets work faster)
Team Bonus: Economic buildings provide +5 population room
Infantry and Archer Civilization
· Spearman line +1 range
· Skirmishers +1/2 attack Feudal/Imperial Age
· Skirmishers benefit from Parthian Tactics
Unique Unit: Pike Square (infantry)
Unique Techs: Close Order Drill (Spearmen, Pike Squares +1/1 armor); Confederacy (Units +5 hp)
Team Bonus: Castles Work 20% faster
· Docks, Markets, and Town Centers build 40% more quickly
· Villagers +3 range, benefit from Fletching, Bodkin Arrow, Bracer, Chemistry
· Husbandry free
· Petards -50% cost
Unique Unit: Tiefutu (cavalry)
Unique Techs: Guaizi Ma (Mounted units +10 hp); Sijiao Pao (Trebuchets +2 range)
Team Bonus: Mill, Mining and Lumber Camp build 50% more quickly
· Fishing Ships +15 carrying capacity
· Archer Line upgrades free
· Military units -5% cost in Feudal Age
Unique Units: Ballista Elephant (siege cavalry)
Unique Techs: Levy (Spearmen, Skirmishers, and Camels enabled at Town Center, Mining and Lumber Camps); Ballista (Ballista Elephants and scorpions +1 range)
Team Bonus: Scorpions +1 range
Cavalry and Monk Civilization
· Cavalier upgrade free in Castle age
· Paladin upgrade researches more quickly
· Heavy Cavalry Archer upgrade costs no food
· Stone lasts 50% longer
Unique Unit: Mastiff (war dog)
Unique Techs: Sangha (Monks 20% faster); War Dogs (Mastiffs +30 hp)
Team Bonus: Monks +5 hit points
· Villagers have +3/7/12 attack Feudal/Castle/Imperial Age
· Trees last 2X longer
· Can construct sea walls and gates
· Castles, Town Centers, monasteries, and palisades regenerate
· Elite Skirmisher upgrade free
Unique Unit: Spy
Unique Techs: Irregulars (Foot archers move 10% faster); Tam Giáo (Monks can convert siege and buildings from range)
Team Bonus: Infantry +2 LOS
More information can be found on the development forum.
In addition to the new teams, a few other features are included:
Custom random maps with capturable locations and respawning wildlife.
Tzontlimixtli's excellent Indian buildset is incorporated.
Pesquiera's Feudal age Italian buildings are included.
Work by Jan dc, The_Nomad, and Guiomar are combined for a partial new Byzantine buildset.
Updates to the latest Forgotten DLC balance.
Wonders are a bit more useful. Building a wonder will increase your population limit by 50 (65 for the Goths) and increase the amount of relic income slightly. Additional wonders increase your population by 25 and also offer more relic income. Be careful, though! Losing a wonder will nullify its bonus.
Several new editor objects are added.