Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Hey guys

I've just been shown something called x-patch
http://x-patch.pe.hu/about
http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/713/X-Patch

Maybe I just missed or forgot about it but it seems like there are a lot of good fixes

eg
mayan vils not working slower on farms
onger shots being slower with chemistry researched

I haven't seen these changes on the UP changelog unless i'm just not seeing it

Why is this mod not more popular? Is it because of the added balance changes on top of the bug fixes?

Aland Islandskw1k000000

Known Member
Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

United KingdomRgeadn

Bronze Supporter
Jan 29, 2016
England, UK
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I was living under a rock yes, only recently got back into things

Also I meant just the Core Fixes, not the balance changes

All the core fixes should be in UP imo

United StatesInfluenza

Two handed swordman
Jul 7, 2011
It's not more popular because it's an optional patch. The only way to get much needed balance fixes into the game is by forcing it down people's throats.

It's not incorporated into 1.5 patch because those patches are for increasing the quality of the game that everyone can agree on and not directly touching the balance. (It does of course affect the balance as well, like decreasing command response time giving massive boost to all ranged units.)

The benefit of the HD team being officially supported is that they can make these kind of balance changes unilaterally. They of course went in the opposite direction and made it a less balanced game, but the possibility is there. Would even a single expert give their seal of approval on all the huge changes to the eagle warrior? Really doubt it.

United KingdomRgeadn

Bronze Supporter
Jan 29, 2016
England, UK
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Yeah I get not wanting another balance patch, the only reason people put up with some of the balance of WK is the fact that there are cool new civs and units. If it were just a new balance patch without the new civs people wouldn't give it a 2nd look.

Hopefully some of the core fixes make it into the game, it nerfs monks so I imagine that you would like it :geek:

United NationsBrainless

Known Member
Dec 22, 2011
Sagittarius A

United StatesInfluenza

Two handed swordman
Jul 7, 2011
It's not more popular because it's an optional patch. The only way to get much needed balance fixes into the game is by forcing it down people's throats.
or.. by wrapping it into a nice package, whith lots and lots of attractive new stuff and offer it as a take-all-or-leave-it opportunity that you can not refuse. And call it something weird like wololo kingsdoms
I had told one of the organizers of the x-patch that the only way to get it popularly used was to somehow convince userpatch team to include some of the obvious balance changes and move forward from there. That was quite awhile before wololo was a thing though. Now the best way would be to try to convince cysion and co. to do the same.

United StatesTocaraca

Known Member
May 18, 2017
Florida
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
You can't fix data bugs with UserPatch. UP only edits the .exe

So the Onager + Chemistry bug, and Fervor not working, can't be fixed with UP, only with data mods, like X-Patch or of course WololoKingdoms.

United KingdomHyunAOP

Longswordman
Nov 4, 2014
United Kingdom
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Hey guys

I've just been shown something called x-patch
http://x-patch.pe.hu/about
http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/713/X-Patch

Maybe I just missed or forgot about it but it seems like there are a lot of good fixes

eg
mayan vils not working slower on farms
onger shots being slower with chemistry researched

I haven't seen these changes on the UP changelog unless i'm just not seeing it

Why is this mod not more popular? Is it because of the added balance changes on top of the bug fixes?
I know I'm a 15xx scrub but hold up right up in dis space

Mayans working slower on farms SHOULD NOT be fixed. That was intended, they are already a good civ with a great economy that's super duper light on food. The WK Mayans farm hella slow compared to AOC Mayans and if I could change one thing. It's to make WK Mayan farmers farm at the same rate as they did in AOC. Farm rates in general need a fix though (looking at you Slavs)

The expansions (WK) also fixed the chemistry Onager bug. As well as fervor affecting monks. Fire ships affecting ballistics. Monks taking anti monk damage when carrying a relic. Camels not being in the ship class. Anyrhing x patch has, wololokingdoms expansions would have it too.

And since WK is pretty much X Patch on steroids but with more variety and way more fun (even to the point it has its own tournament KOTD, MOA5 etc) there's pretty much no reason to ever play on x patch nor have any new tournaments based around it.

Okay I probably overshot it unnecessarily but tl;dr

WololoKingdoms is enough. The people who bought it and don't want the HD issues but want all the benefit of Voobly and enjoyment of expansions civs that has changes of pretty much 95% of the X Patch can pretty much do so.

United StatesTocaraca

Known Member
May 18, 2017
Florida
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
That's not the question, my question is how do you know that it was intended? It seems like it was a bug to me.

Btw there was a 2v2 X-Patch Tournament hosted at CZ LAN last year if you're interested in some games, I'm putting them on my YT (Finals tbu, were good games, will add recs somewhere as well):

BC oldschool (CZ_Haros, CZ_ZooidBerg) vs. BC newschool (CZ_Skull, CZ_yezris):

CZ (CZ_Mango+CZ_Ovenka) vs. wW+Airman (_wW_Harpner+Nandavac):

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
You can't fix data bugs with UserPatch. UP only edits the .exe

So the Onager + Chemistry bug, and Fervor not working, can't be fixed with UP, only with data mods, like X-Patch or of course WololoKingdoms.
Fervor is fixed in UP 1.5, not sure about Onager + Chemistry tho
I don't think so, it's fixed in WK, but afaik not in UP 1.5

United StatesTocaraca

Known Member
May 18, 2017
Florida
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

ArgentinaImRiver

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 22, 2012
www.taringa.net
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Is the Bell-ringing problem fixed in the next version? It's so annoying to not hear anything and suddendly discover you lost 15 vills vs one scout

United StatesJoshuaR

Known Member
Oct 11, 2013
1.5 is the upgrade for how the game runs on voobly

the mods like allied vision, xpatch, wk, etc. are all separate mods that work on 1.5

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Talk of the Empire
Tuesday 20:00 (GMT +02:00)
w/ Nili, Zak, TheMax, Rubi
LotH2 - Semifinals
Wednesday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
Yo vs vivi

Age Of Empires On Twitch