WTF NAC

GermanyAthasos

Longswordman
Jul 8, 2017
Hessen, Germany
Simple thing:
Daut couldn't play on agreed time, most likely nili asked vinch if he could rescedule until 7th, but he declined.
This is totally fair as the qualifier shoudn't be delayed for one player with technical issues.
Also you can't expect vinch to have time on the weekend, when he expected the games to be played today.
Unfortunate event, but rules are rules and technical difficulties are the player resposibilities imo.

Mar 20, 2015
England
youtube.com
If you think this is about Nili not wanting DauT at the event then perhaps try to see it the other way around- why should a player get special treatment because of their status? If they want to be at an event then they need to show up. This could mean that they put the practise in, that they are prepared for their games, that they start on time.
Of course we don't want to see DauT lose to an AW, and if his internet is out then yes it's sadly out of his control. However, we cant apply some rules and then bend them whenever we see fit.
Vinch should (IMO) offer to re-schedule, but it's also within his rights not to and that's his prerogative.

Yes, it feels bad for DauT, it probably feels bad for Nili and it feels bad for the viewers too; but this is the right choice.

GermanyMichaerbse

Oct 14, 2017
St4rk is evil for asking AW as rules stated after waiting a long time and this is perfectly fine. Well ok then.

Reschedule would have been best for everyone. I don't think Vinchester really wants to win like this.
Difference being that St4rk's opponent was there at the scheduled time and ready to play with the game version defined in the rules, whereas Vinch's opponent wasn't...

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
I thought the same thing about the 4:01 re but then we had a massive hullabaloo over that
And now there isn't a massive hullabaloo?
These situations always suck because there will be hate no matter the decision. If Nili hadn't given an AW to Vinch then people would be outraged because he didn't follow the rules.

United StatesInfluenza

Two handed swordman
Jul 7, 2011
These situations always suck because there will be hate no matter the decision. If Nili hadn't given an AW to Vinch then people would be outraged because he didn't follow the rules.
True, when in doubt, the rules should be followed. So nili did make the right choice here of course. I just wish admins would always follow the rules xd

Aug 25, 2017
Voobly
Winged_Hussar
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Difference being that St4rk's opponent was there at the scheduled time and ready to play with the game version defined in the rules, whereas Vinch's opponent wasn't...
Both were technical issues which players were not to blame.

I'm sure everyone of us wanted to see that match other time if rescheduling was possible. Don't think Vinch wanted to win like this either. We are not watching these for the rules but for the games so some common sense should be used together with rules.

Aug 31, 2017
I'm not blaming nili, the rules are the rules, but it's cheap from vinch to win like this. he could easily offer a re-schedule since daut had no control in that situation (the 7m cable was broken by his son, and he tried to buy one but it didn't work).

GermanyAthasos

Longswordman
Jul 8, 2017
Hessen, Germany
I'm not blaming nili, the rules are the rules, but it's cheap from vinch to win like this. he could easily offer a re-schedule since daut had no control in that situation (the 7m cable was broken by his son, and he tried to buy one but it didn't work).
This is so ........
Can you imagine he simply has no time on the weekend as he might have a family event or something from work/university that occupies him all days?

Mar 20, 2015
England
youtube.com
Agree, Vinch should cancel all of his plans for the week and make time for this match like any self respecting pro AoE player.

GermanyMichaerbse

Oct 14, 2017
Both were technical issues which players were not to blame.
I disagree. It's not like internet was down all over Serbia or something like this. If information on stream was correct, DauT said that his son broke his ethernet cable. That's in his responsibility. He could have (e.g.) bought the new cable earlier (I can hardly believe that his few years old son broke the cable right before the match - it was 10pm local time).

Don't get me wrong, this could obviously happen to any of us but if you are late for pretty much every single match, you may assume that it's not just about bad luck all the time..

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 3v3 LB Semifinal
Wednesday 20:30 (GMT +01:00)
Peter sings a song vs Lunacy
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Friday 12:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final