AOE-HD WololoKingdoms 5.7 is released ! With auto-updater now

FranceTriRem

Longswordman
Dec 13, 2015
France
Now that patch 5.7 is live on HD, WK 2.8 is now live as well !

Downlaod it here https://github.com/AoE2CommunityGitHub/ ... s/releases New link, I'm uploading it to a new GitHub page, but downloading the 2.8 version from Jineapple's GitHub is fine, it does the same things. With the new auto updater, there shouldn't be any need to download anymore in the future, just running the exe when a new update is released will be enough :smile:

Also I didn't include all the small fixes I was planning to, but I kept things simple for the first update on my own. If I don't get any major bug report by tomorrow I'll make it rated on Voobly.

For people who want to revert back to the previous version to cast MoA games or play on the previous balance, you can select patch 5.6 in the installer, then in the lobby setting select the WK 5.6 mod.

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
Re: WololoKingdoms 2.8 is relesed ! With auto-updater now

damn I'm too late 11 Great job TriRem!

FranceTriRem

Longswordman
Dec 13, 2015
France
I pushed a small update, if anyone ran the installer before I made this comment please rerun the installer to be on the same version as everyone :smile:

I'm getting there guys 11

Feb 24, 2018
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
There is something I am wondering about for months:

I like to play random map.
However, both blind random and full random only have AoC maps in their respective map pools.

In the expansions, several playble maps have been added (serengeti, acropolis...).
Would it be possible to add a new random map script to WK that includes such expansion maps?

BrazilBruZi

Known Member
Jan 31, 2017
I don't know if you would have the time for such details for the next patch, but in any case, I'll leave here two minor things I've noticed:

- The genoese xbow slps are currently like this -> 000_6006.jpg when they should be this size -> 000_6002.jpg
(the whole rectangle is the clickable area to select the unit). I have these slps fixed if you'd need them.

- The portuguese watch tower doesn't belong in it's architecture set - probably slp. 41332 (shadow) and slp. 41334 (tower):

AOK011.jpg

Jun 29, 2011
Hi all :smile:
I have expansions on steam and downloaded 'Wololo Kingdows Mod'... everything fine in a way I played few games on Voobly.
However (an example), downloaded a rec from Viper (around 24th February) and when lauch on single player mode, game paused and finished some minutes after.
In other way, I can watch my own recs (on saved games 'Wololo Kingdows')... so, what's wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
Did you select the mod in the game room when you launched it?

And did you put the recorded games in the correct folder (AoE2/Voobly Mods/AOC/Data Mods/WololoKingdoms/SaveGame)?

Jun 29, 2011
Did you select the mod in the game room when you launched it?

And did you put the recorded games in the correct folder (AoE2/Voobly Mods/AOC/Data Mods/WololoKingdoms/SaveGame)?
Thanks for answering nimanoe :smile:

Yes, i did. Launch on Voobly room (single player mode) and 'Wololo Kingdows Mod' was selcted. Also, I moved rec to correct folder so dunno why this happen :frown:

I played some games using 'WK Mod', everything fine and funny to test new civs, but seems some problems appear when watching recs (also noticed TC have some design issues...).

Any tip?

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
What rec are you trying to watch?
It might be possible that the rec you're trying to watch uses a slightly different mod, but if that's not it I'm not sure why it's not working.

Regarding the TC having design issues, I think that happens when you use certain graphical mods, I think a specific pussywood mod has that effect.

FranceTriRem

Longswordman
Dec 13, 2015
France
@BruZi I have already fixed the watch tower internally, it will be on the next patch. For the Genoese crossbow it's an easy fix so if you have the slp I might as well include it. If you find any other small graphics issues I can always easily include them.

Jun 29, 2011
What rec are you trying to watch?
It might be possible that the rec you're trying to watch uses a slightly different mod, but if that's not it I'm not sure why it's not working.

Regarding the TC having design issues, I think that happens when you use certain graphical mods, I think a specific pussywood mod has that effect.
This rec: http://www.voobly.com/match/view/17303230

Ahhh... maybe because on this? Game Mod:v1.5 Beta R5 | WK Patch 5.6

Tought they played on WololoKingdoms Mod. I'll try later again :wink:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Talk of the Empire
Tuesday 20:00 (GMT +02:00)
w/ Nili, Zak, TheMax, Rubi
LotH2 - Semifinals