AOE-II Wololo Kingdom Worries.

Jan 1, 2015
I can't run the HD DLCs because of an underpowered laptop with weak graphics card.

My prediction is, that in the very near future i.e. within the next 6 months or less, WK Mod will be a default setting for all tournaments and rated games.

The issue that's looming on the horizon is that not having the HD DLCs will mean I won't be able to watch recs anymore because all the recs I'll want to watch will require the HD DLCs and the WK Mod in order to make them work, even if the games are something like Chinese vs Britons.

Can I download the HD DLCs and run them on Voobly with the WK Mod with my underpowered laptop? It runs standard AOC just fine at the moment for online play and watching recs.

Can anyone with some knowledge advise me if this is even an option for me? If it's not then I feel that my days in this community are numbered.

Please note, I think the WK is a stroke of genius and, along with UP 1.5 it's the best thing that could have happened to Voobly. It will give Voobly and AOE2 massively increased longevity, and the Voobly community will grow from strength to strength.

Jan 1, 2015
Cheers Nilli.

So this is what I'm looking at getting. Will that cover me?

http://store.steampowered.com/bundl..._The_African_Kingdoms__The_Rise_of_the_Rajas/

Also, if I download it to my laptop and it dies in a couple of years (I think it's about 6 years old at the moment), how will I install it on my new PC/laptop? Will have to buy it again? It's not a big deal if I have to, I can afford, just curious as to how it works.

Jan 29, 2012
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
If you buy a game on Steam, you can download it on other pc's/laptops again without having to buy it again (it's based on your steam account, not on pc/laptop)

Feb 2, 2014
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Cheers Nilli.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundl..._The_African_Kingdoms__The_Rise_of_the_Rajas/

Also, if I download it to my laptop and it dies in a couple of years (I think it's about 6 years old at the moment), how will I install it on my new PC/laptop? Will have to buy it again? It's not a big deal if I have to, I can afford, just curious as to how it works.
Yes, that is what you need. You will be able to download it to any computer, you just need to log into your steam account.

However, at the end of October, Steam normally has a sale. HD+DLCs have been up to 75% off in the past. So if you wait a couple weeks before buying them, then the game will likely be cheaper for you.

Jan 29, 2012
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Cheers Nilli.

Yes, that is what you need. You will be able to download it to any computer, you just need to log into your steam account.

However, at the end of October, Steam normally has a sale. HD+DLCs have been up to 75% off in the past. So if you wait a couple weeks before buying them, then the game will likely be cheaper for you.
I can confirm, In every sale that Steam does, there is always a discount for the HD DLC's

MexicoSouFire

Known Member
Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
Its never going to be the default patch, there are only wk games when viper, daut and other popular streamer host a game with it, better upgrade that laptop to a cheap AMD model that has better integrated graphics unlike intel and play it on steam and install wk just in case you find games on voobly.

Czech RepublicDraCoNT

Jan 5, 2016
I doubt it will be a default patch, but I imagine that step by step almost all game will be with WK. Dunno how popular it's in TGs, I imagine it's still tough to find 16 - 18x voobly tg 4v4 game with wk, but for example 1v1 Arena 16x and higher is almost only WK. On arabia 1v1 it's different, but I played a few ara players with WK mod aswell. Based just on my experience I'd say something between 15 - 25% in Voobly own WK and the number is growing every day. With KotD starting this number will increase rapidly, because many players would like to see the recs or try to "copy the experts" which means going for WK. Also the people owning WKs are generally the people more active in the community, so once there will be over 50% people owning WK, it's gonna be very tough for the rest to find games with only AoC. Then some of them will stop playing, rest will buy WK aswell.

ArgentinaNicov

Apr 27, 2012
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
The steam sales will begin within some weeks and it will be a great opportunity for Voobly players to adquire HD and the DLCs. Pretty sure WK will be way more played after some time. But AoC will stay as default.

I'm not sure about tournaments though.

Jan 1, 2015
Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions. I didn't mean that WK will be a default patch, silly of me to use that word. What I did mean to say was that a LOT of people will have it and that it will become very common. It will be something people can switch to in seconds if they want to.

Sep 5, 2013
Hey Gary, I faced the same issue as you are, though I bought HD+Expansions but it was troubling my pc as its configuration is pretty old.
After installing WK i started facing issues with the pc. I just uninstalled steam as it takes a huge space and probably a huge effort from the pc to keep it running.
It solved my problems and I am still able to play WK on voobly, as uninstalling steam doesnt uninstalls the HD+expansions.
Give it a try once you buy the game, hope it works.

Austriateutonic_tanks

Mar 30, 2013
Well the Halloween steamsale already happened and finished yesterday, sadly aoeHD wasnt part of it. The next steamsale will be at the end of November, maybe we have more luck then.

Jan 1, 2015
I wasn't complaining. I'm well aware that online sales can be very short lived and if you're not online at that time, then you're going to miss out. That would be my fault, nobody else's. I get that. I'm in no desperate hurry to get the content NOW, so if I can save a bit of money by waiting a few weeks then I will. If not, then I will buy it at whatever price it's at.

Jan 1, 2015
Running Barbarian AI with the WololoKingdoms Mod.

I picked up the expansions for £9 in the last steam sale which was sweet. The issue I face now is that I can't get the Barbarian AI to run with the WololoKingdoms (WK) Mod. It works fine with standard AOC. Does anyone have any ideas? I've copied the Barbarian AI files into the same folder as the BruteForce AI files that come with the WK Mod but it doesn't seem to do anything. Does anyone out there have any advice? Thanks.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ToA Swiss R3: Is this REALLY happening?
Monday 13:00 (GMT +02:00)
Wondrous+klavskis vs Vinchester+Keif
ToA Swiss R3: Fight for Gold Bracket
Monday 20:00 (GMT +02:00)
Modri+Hera vs pete_martell+GoldenEnd+Kamigawa
REDcup high: Semifinals