Will known-macro-cheaters be able to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mexicomalamadre

Jul 15, 2014
I notice the macro cheater god Cyan Alvin signed up for the tournament. Will be able to play? What happens if he just uses his macros and wins the tournament? (Kappa). Are macros allowed?

Feb 16, 2016
Netherlands
www.reddit.com
I wasnt going to make an announcement for this or anything but since asked here is the answer: no I have taken Cyan's signup into the final seeding. Undoubtfully Cyan is not the only player on voobly who uses macros however since their is video evidence of him using it, posted by himself nonetheless, we decided it wouldnt be appropriate for him to participate.

Mexicomalamadre

Jul 15, 2014
Doesnt matter if he make the cut or not. Community needs to show that we dont tolerate macros and cheats. The dude may keep playing his BF using macros and what not, but I wont play a single game with him.

Czech RepublicDraCoNT

Jan 5, 2016
Hmm, I'm not convinced it's the correct decision. Before MoA4 we played 20+ practise games with loiveyoaeu:
http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/124719319.
In 1 game, he went 1 TC FI def castle full monks (pretty poor strategy, when you're not really close with enemy), but had awesome monk micro and almost won. After game he shared the macro with me. I was impressed how easy and good it is, but I asked him if it's allowed, because it felt very OP. He convinced me it is legal, still I asked Racer if it's allowed for moa4, we agreed it shouldn't be, I never used it in tournament/regular game. Loive used this in atleast 1 game in MoA4 vs Terror. I can find the game and post it, the monk macro is very clear there. When he realized the macro is illegal (and after arguing that his macro is legal, because ...) he didn't use it anymore. Still he played many rated games with that macro, he played tournament games with that. Is he banned from MoA5? No. Do we have evidence he used macro? Yes. I can link the game + Loive confirmed himself on aoczone in different topic he kept using that macro when he thought its allowed. (I don't want to start witch hunt, if admins ask for it I pm them the evidence, it's all on aoczone).
So, what's the difference between cyan and loive? I agree cyan is dumb and arrogant, but that's not a reason for banning him from MoA5. Is cyan using the macro still? I doubt that. If you ban cyan from moa5, ban loive aswell. Considering both did mistake and both (I hope) aren't using the macro anymore, I'd allow both play.

Aland Islandskw1k000000

Known Member
Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
So, what's the difference between cyan and loive? I agree cyan is dumb and arrogant, but that's not a reason for banning him from MoA5. Is cyan using the macro still? I doubt that. If you ban cyan from moa5, ban loive aswell. Considering both did mistake and both (I hope) aren't using the macro anymore, I'd allow both play.
Fully agree. Is it not possible to include this as part of Voobly anti-cheat because that is the only way to eradicate this problem.

United StatesJoshuaR

Oct 11, 2013
I don't really know the story of the first guy, but cyan continues to refuse to acknowledge that it's a cheat, whereas it seems the other guy realized and stopped using it.

Jul 13, 2017
Monks need a complete rework, simple as that. They need to be made in a way that people using a deselecting macro have practically no advantage. Macros can be circumvent anti-cheat easily, Voobly staff is not/won't be capable of detecting macros and banning cheaters.

This will be an endless discussion unless something is done about it. Just banning people who are already caught and pretending those are the only people who cheat is not a solution. They will just create a new identity and participate in future tournaments.

Jul 13, 2017
Well the proper way to fix them is to remove the conversion % when changing to other unit whatever his type is.
this would be one way of nerfing the macro, however this doesn't stop players from assigning 1 monk to convert 1 unit (using a macro) extremely quickly. The difference is that the conversion power of the units doesn't stack, but it still puts macro cheaters at a large advantage. It also doesn't stop macro cheaters from grouping monks 1-9 instantly using a macro.

IDK if it's technically possible but completely removing the CTRL+click deselection for monks should be considered.

Mexicomalamadre

Jul 15, 2014
The whole point of this is to let people know macros are cheat, we ban one or two guys from one tournament. They learn the lesson, they stop using, ignorant people realize macros are cheat, community "bans" macros. I dont care if one or two 17xx cant play a tournament they obviously wont win, even with computer micro.

Also Cyan is dumb.

Jul 13, 2017
The whole point of this is to let people know macros are cheat, we ban one or two guys from one tournament. They learn the lesson, they stop using, ignorant people realize macros are cheat, community "bans" macros. I dont care if one or two 17xx cant play a tournament they obviously wont win, even with computer micro.

Also Cyan is dumb.
you're ignorant if you think you can just ban them from tournaments, or if bans have any effect on preventing people from cheating. At most banning people will make cheaters more cautious. I've said it before, neither Voobly or tournament admins are capable of detecting macro cheaters.

The right and only solution is changing monk mechanics.

Unknowncyan

May 16, 2013
Doesnt matter if he make the cut or not. Community needs to show that we don't tolerate macros and cheats. The dude may keep playing his BF using macros and what not, but I wont play a single game with him.
How can you be so sure you haven't already played a single game with me again, don't you know i have many account dude :lol:
Well, as i can see Voobly banned me from tournament, and i don't think it is written anywhere in the general rule that cheating include banned from tournament. Well it is just a tournament, not a big deal, i already proved my skill at arena by beating the strongest there. I hope one day you will do the same. good luck.

Mexicomalamadre

Jul 15, 2014
Told u, he's dumb. Voobly didn't ban you. Organizer banned you.

This guy will be 70 years old, will gather his grandsons in christmas and will go and say: "Little guys, have I told you the story about how I beat Edie in Arena one game, It was 50 years ago". The kids will just ignore, one will say: "Yeah, like 20 million times already". Cyan will continue, "It all started with one tower", kids will just be "whatever dude".

Unknownrmcoo

Apr 13, 2012
Lithuania
Doesnt matter if he make the cut or not. Community needs to show that we don't tolerate macros and cheats. The dude may keep playing his BF using macros and what not, but I wont play a single game with him.
How can you be so sure you haven't already played a single game with me again, don't you know i have many account dude :lol:
Well, as i can see Voobly banned me from tournament, and i don't think it is written anywhere in the general rule that cheating include banned from tournament. Well it is just a tournament, not a big deal, i already proved my skill at arena by beating the strongest there. I hope one day you will do the same. good luck.
Voobly had no say in this tournament at all....

Unknowncyan

May 16, 2013
Voobly had no say in this tournament at all....
i know it isn't voobly, i know i could have just signed in this tournament in a smurf account too.
i just wanted to say that it isn't written in the rules why are you so dumb?

I don't know why you guys complain anyway, i never played any arena game with you yet. And all those i played with in arena won't give a **** about that macro since they know i don't even use monk at all in arena.

You are just hater who are so dumb that you think i will use a macro in a official tournament. Anyway i don't even know smushing in arena, with or without macro :?

Unknowncyan

May 16, 2013
This guy will be 70 years old, will gather his grandsons in christmas and will go and say: "Little guys, have I told you the story about how I beat Edie in Arena one game, It was 50 years ago". The kids will just ignore, one will say: "Yeah, like 20 million times already". Cyan will continue, "It all started with one tower", kids will just be "whatever dude".
And you, what will you say:
You never beat the strongest in Arena.
You never beat me in BF
You never create a strategy in aoc.

At least i will have something to say instead of you.
And you complain about someone who absolutely never used monk at all in arena about being a macro cheater from joining the tournament. Monk could be forbidden in this tournament i wouldn't give a ****.

Did you ever even watch one of my games in arena? i bet not, with your level you aren't even a opponent for me anyway.
You should start practicing for the tournament for getting something to say to your grandson dude.

Germany_Scogo_

Jun 16, 2017
www.voobly.com
prolly gonna be called a noob for askin this despite being Arena Player and regular smusher but who cares, so wth is Monk macro? and could someone post a Video showing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

REDcup high: Semifinals
Tuesday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
ACCM vs Klavskis
ToA Swiss R3: Lower Bracket Top2
Tuesday 17:00 (GMT +02:00)