AOE-II Watch Streams less lagg

Jan 19, 2014
Hello all, are u mad when a stream laggs like shit on twitch ? buffer all the time ?
even when u lowered the quality to crap already.

im using this ABSOLUTELY FREE way to fix it.

first u get VLC which is anyway one of the best media players and worth to get

for example (or google ur own "VLC" ) http://vlc_media_player.en.downloadastro.com/

next thing u need to get is Livestreamer ( http://docs.livestreamer.io/install.html )
just scroll down, theres a line called ZIP Archive.

download both and install.
99% done. last step is Press "Windows Button" and "R" together, a command line should pop up where u put this in

livestreamer.exe twitch.tv/vooblyofficial source

(works for any stream, just replace vooblyofficial for another channel)

press enter, wait 5 seconds and a window should popup, VLC should open and your stream should run 10 X better than u used to with a browser.

hf enjoy

UnknownSieter

Known Member
Jan 10, 2010
holly s hit it works, big thanks Stifflersmumx, but also for me zi[ don't work. anyway thanks dude, in xp and win 7 zip dont work

United NationsBrainless

Dec 22, 2011
Sagittarius A
i never experience lag when watching Twitch, not even highest quality.
I do experience lag when streaming myself, that is lag in the game itself.

UnknownSieter

Known Member
Jan 10, 2010
i have almost always lag, when i watched "source" (the best one), in higih wors good, even if i have internet around 40-50 mb at the moment dunno why Brainless , source always sometimes lag.

Unknownwhack

Aug 12, 2011
I just bought a ps4 and have been streaming to my big screen, is it possible to do with that?

Good work, btw. I am sure a lot of folks will appreciate this.

UnknownChicane

Dec 14, 2011
i sometimes use it as well. If you simultaneously want to have the chat despite not watching in the browser, you can use chatty: http://getchatty.sourceforge.net/

how it works? Can u explain better, really dunno how to use this for watching no lag streams.
it's only for the chat since there obviously won't be any chat if you watch the stream via vlc. However, you must have Java Runtime Environment installed for chatty to work.
so it's only for the chat. for the stream you need livestreamer.
here:

http://imgur.com/a/wEyLw

Unknownstian

Aug 9, 2013
You don't haveto use Chatty, you can use every single IRC client known to man. There are hundreds.

irc.twitch.tv with your username and oauth key.

MIRC, Hexchat, pidgin, chatty, kvirc...

Jan 19, 2014
for chat you can get bettertwitch TV (Browserplugin atleast for Firefox or Chrome as i have) you can popout the chat and Force it to stay on TOP of the screen (so the window never gets to background) and just pause the stream on browser and watch on VLC > Chat with browser as usual. simple

UnknownAyleid

Mar 8, 2014
i have almost always lag, when i watched "source" (the best one), in higih wors good, even if i have internet around 40-50 mb at the moment dunno why Brainless , source always sometimes lag.
It lags cause twitch's servers are crap and can't keep up with the demand it seems. Many people with similarly high speeds reported such problems and almost all of them are from europe. The first couple times i encountered that problem i thought my ISP was providing me unstable speed or something cause i used to run source no problem whatsoever. Then i run some speedtests downloads from different other servers and monitoring apps to confirm but no everything was fine just twitch was bad.
Anyone with 5-6mbs and up down rate should have no problem running source even on streamers who stream at relatively higher bitrates assuming twitch's bandwidth is sufficient

Feb 16, 2014
Thanks I will try this when I get home. I always have twitch lag, especially while staying at my house in Australia, sometimes even on medium it lags :/

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Hidden Cup 2 Qualification
Tuesday 20:00 (GMT +01:00)
dogao vs VIK_Vinchester
Tournament Tuesdays
Wednesday 01:00 (GMT +01:00)
A weekly competitive AoE 2 outlet for all interested!
Hidden Cup 2 Qualification
Wednesday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)
F1Re vs Lyx
DeZu's showmatch $100 TheYo vs Lyx, full 7 games
Saturday 14:00 (GMT +01:00)
TheYo vs Lyx showmatch
Bluewolf Showmatch ($10) Episode 2
Saturday 14:30 (GMT +01:00)
TheHappyBoar vs PaperHades
ECL South East Asia 3v3 Ro8
Saturday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL South East Asia 3v3 Ro8