War is Coming! March 2014

Unknown_Jago_

Mar 15, 2010
Suggestion to the admins: Make an effort to have the rules & settings at least 3 months before the tournament begins.
This is why:
$50k USD is enough money to attract Pro-Gamers of other RTS games.
If a proper marketing / advertising of the event is done. 3 months is enough time to train certain civs / maps / strategies for a pro - gamer.
Oh wait, the admins are also players... well... never mind. :wink:
Anyways a huge thanks to the sponsor!

Unknownxereon

Dec 29, 2012
I think I can hear the bottles popping in Norway,it must be the Viper celebrating his income next year and planning on how to spend it on drugs and women :smile:

SpainMoneimon

Nov 20, 2011
Aug 28, 2013
I'm always curious where exactly the prize money comes from, especially now its 50k. care to share?

Also at least its team games so its not a complete donation to viper 11

Unknownwhack

Aug 12, 2011
Suggestion to the admins: Make an effort to have the rules & settings at least 3 months before the tournament begins.
This is why:
If a proper marketing / advertising of the event is done. 3 months is enough time to train certain civs / maps / strategies for a pro - gamer.
I will see what can be done. I know that Zak is plotting some good marketing to get the word out. I like the idea of having the rules out there for a couple months. I think even something like 4-6 weeks should be sufficient, but we can see what the sponsor has to say on the matter, it's his $ after all :smile:

Unknownwhack

Aug 12, 2011
Sounds awesome!

Is this the same tournament that was mentioned in the CoT announcement?

Yes, it is same. It's revealed a bit early. I think they also moved it back to give the guys who went late into this tourney a bit of a break, as well as enough time for new guys or returning vetarans to get into form.

United KingdomFall

Halberdier
Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
A trailer video in the same vein as the TEL#2 one, featured on zero's channel if he's OK with it, would be pretty nice advertising. And if any event deserves an epic trailer, it's this one.

UnknownUSC_kiky

May 24, 2011
My suggestion to the rules: in the prized stage(say, round robin final), any team that gives up easily and offers her opponents AW would get half prize at most.
It's just frustrating for the sponsor, other players and the fans to see a good team withdrawing in the final rounds where only few teams are qualified to enter.

Unknownzoro

Apr 5, 2010
wow! thanks to kkab and the admins and sponsors for the rebirth of aoc.

long live aoc !

hail tyrant :P

Apr 27, 2011
Maybe it's kind of boring that Tyrant dominates aoc team game.. But the truth is they deserve it. Thanks of course for these donations.

Unknown_Andrew

Well Known Pikeman
Jan 2, 2013
Hard to see any team really competing with Tyrant. RVK would need to make a much more concerted and consistent effort to practice (not just play a handful of practice games the week they're suppose to face Tyrant like they did in TMW)... and it would need to start now. I think they also need to rely on Lojza to continue to improve and either St4rk or Feage to play consistently and be in true top-form over the next few months. IF all of that happens... I think they could take a number of games from Tyrant. But realistically Chris and dog in particular have made it clear they don't have the time or resources to play AoC for hours on end everyday... so doubt we'll see much of a challenge posed to Tyrant in March.

Unknown_JoHnNy_

Nov 7, 2011
This is why:
I will see what can be done. I know that Zak is plotting some good marketing to get the word out. I like the idea of having the rules out there for a couple months. I think even something like 4-6 weeks should be sufficient, but we can see what the sponsor has to say on the matter, it's his $ after all :smile:
It's very nice that you guys are planning to market it also. Maybe having the rules out at least 8 weeks in advances? so old players could actually get in shape and not just rushing it in? :smile:

Unknownwhack

Aug 12, 2011
Well, they could already know about it, so they really could have about 3-4 months right now. As far as kicking off rust goes, they dont need to know that specific of settings. They will need to re-learn feel and balance, and some more modern playstyles if they havent been around in a couple years.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Talk of the Empire
Tuesday 20:00 (GMT +02:00)
w/ Nili, Zak, TheMax, Rubi
LotH2 - Semifinals
Wednesday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
Yo vs vivi

Age Of Empires On Twitch