War is Coming! March 2014

Mar 25, 2010

With Clash of the Titans well into the final rounds, we'd like to take a moment to officially break this great news. Age of Empires is by no means on the decline. In the past year we have seen more sponsored tournaments than anyone would expect for a 13-year-old game and the level of competitive gaming in this golden RTS has likewise risen by leaps and bounds. But this AoE era is not over yet!

For the next year we can not only expect a similar dose of star-studded championships but primarily we are going to have the privilege of witnessing possibly the biggest event yet. War is Coming, scheduled to start in March 2014, is going to be a team-based tournament boasting a staggering prize pool of $50,000!

Further details concerning rules, maps and particular stages of the tournament will follow in the coming months. However, there is no time like the present to start training and putting together formidable teams.

Jun 10, 2012
Hm, no more news then we already knew, but a good confirmation.
For everyone, who would like to enter, you would have to know what kind of teams and how many entrances.
The speculations I know, said 2v2, but that's just what a few people thought. It should just be different from the Medieval Wars.

Unknownk10_g15

Jan 17, 2013
Wololo.... Go go go form teams.. C'mon Chris... We need you back to kick Tyrant's ass..... I hope this is a 2v2 tourney... Otherwise, Tyrant FTW

UnknownTyRanT_

Nov 26, 2013
I hope WiC will be better than previous Tourneys, i got a lot of ideas and adapted from the aoc community insight:smile: + i have the best team of admins imo... Also I would love to say that TyRanT has a few spots open for WiC + future events and TyRanT events to give the best performance for the public to watch and enjoy! details of the recruitment will be in a separate thread:smile:

Unknownk10_g15

Jan 17, 2013
I hope WiC will be better than previous Tourneys, i got a lot of ideas and adapted from the aoc community insight:smile: + i have the best team of admins imo... Also I would love to say that TyRanT has a few spots open for WiC + future events and TyRanT events to give the best performance for the public to watch and enjoy! details of the recruitment will be in a separate thread:smile:

OMG Ty bro... Future events... Hope hope hope... Really rox and thanks a million

Unknownthepitzaboy

May 27, 2010
bangalore, india
Give him "The man single handedly keeping AOC alive" badge already :smile:

Unknownk10_g15

Jan 17, 2013
Give him "The man single handedly keeping AOC alive" badge already :smile:

+10000k

ArgentinaNicov

Apr 27, 2012
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I was hoping for finally a 2v2 tourney, but this is great anyway :sick:

UnknownRemi

Jun 7, 2010
the only sad thing is that we already know winners but looking forward to see some awsome matches wuth other teams!!!

United KingdomFall

Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
For that much money, there are other teams who might be able to train as seriously as tyrant does. I don't think it'll be as boring as people think at all. And a massive thanks to the sponsor.

Jun 20, 2008
If it is 2x2 tourney, those teams would kick ass:
Viper+Kkab
Chris+Tim
Daut+Hico

Thx a lot sponsor, it is going to be legendary tournament.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

King of the Hippo 5
Sunday 15:30 (GMT +02:00)
Day 2: 3 Qualifiers + Final
[R.E.D.CUP high] RO8
Sunday 18:00 (GMT +02:00)
Spring vs saymyname
[R.E.D.CUP low] RO8