AOE-II Voobly Ratings fix (like it was before, no "Overall" )

Mar 13, 2010
Bor, Serbia
OK, some progress has been made after all :D After talking with Voobly admins/developers (thanks Rambit/Elusive!), we got a way to remove the annoying "Overall" rating completely - the bad thing is that "Overall" is still a default rating you see upon entering a lobby (when you install or update the client), and you need to remove it manually (though only once, it`s saved after that).

Here`s how to do it.

Make shown ratings normal (as they were before)

First, set "RM - General" as the default ratings (instead of that strange "Overall"). Do that using the menu on top of the client, choose Options > Default Rating > RM - General (see the picture below).

(click to enlarge)

Remove strange "Overall" ratings

Second, remove (hide) this strange "Overall" rating (so it is not shown when you hover your mouse over a user). Do that using the menu on top of the client, choose Options > Visible Ratings, then click Overall to un-check it (see the picture below).

(click to enlarge)

That`s it, now you can play as you did before :smile:

It introduces this multi-ladder lobby system (no need for separate lobbies), but removes the annoying (strange) "Overall" ratings. It is not the best solution as "Overall" is still default when you install/update Voobly client (so users that doesn`t know about the change and how to fix it will be confused), but it is the best one we got so far...

We will talk more, and try to get "Overall" ratings removed for good, but we can`t promise anything for now :frown:

UnknownZoomorph

Aug 29, 2010
If you don't look at ratings on the player list anyways, then the "overall" rating makes no difference. :wink:
Actually seeing overall wins/losses might be interesting.

Unknownomega

Oct 10, 2008
It's pretty simple to calculate ur overall rating anyway, u just add wins and loss from general 1v1 and clan, and then add/subtract the difference from 1600 to the general rating. Removing it is not really gonna fool anyone.

ie someone with 20 wins 10 loss 1750 general and 10 wins 30 loss 1500 1v1, would be 30:40 1650.

Unknownf1reboy

Aug 6, 2013
I liked the "Overwall Rating", it gave us an idea of how good/bad the user is, although it was a rough view

Unknown_Greenwolf

Jul 5, 2010
actually overall showing on lobby is much better
now if i keep 1v1 ratings as default it shows players like mentalist 1600
if i keep tg on default it shows players like jordan 16xx

UnknownBleys

Jun 12, 2008
actually overall showing on lobby is much better
now if i keep 1v1 ratings as default it shows players like mentalist 1600
if i keep tg on default it shows players like jordan 16xx
Check out http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/180715

I think we can unsticky this thread now :D
Some time ago, especially when there was this complicated situation with the AoFE subject between voobly and gameranger and stuffs, I had doubts about the staffs of voobly,
but u're doing such a great work latly and I remember you showing up yesterday at a game room,
asking players how you could improve the spec mode (which has been done greatly), these are actions we aoc-lovers simply have to appriciate...
So all I wanted to say, thanks! keep this great work :smile:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL Europe East 4v4
Saturday 16:00 (GMT +02:00)
ECL Europe East 4v4 Finals
Weekend Smackdown
Sunday 18:00 (GMT +02:00)
1 day event 1v1 on Yucatan