Vlipsy Launch

Unknownwhack

Aug 12, 2011

Hey everyone!

I wanted to share something some friends and I have been working on for a while: Vlipsy

We built a website and app than works as a search engine for short, expressive video clips. They function much like a GIF would, but with sound. These are designed to help bring your digital communications to life through the messaging platforms you're used to. Where a GIF might be good at showing a hand wave or an eye roll, a vlip is better at showcasing a quote from one of your favorite movies or TV shows.

We've already integrated into Skype mobile, and will be in Viber shortly. We also have some other cool plans in the works but those will come when they come. Right now, our site and apps are ready for your use and feedback!

I'd really love it if you would check out our product hunt page today. There is a video there that can show a bit about the experience, and there are links on that page to download as well. I'd be grateful if you would leave a review, if you have time. You're always welcome to reach out to me directly, as well!

Visit our page on Product Hunt: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/vlipsy-2
Visit Vlipsy homepage: https://vlipsy.com
Download for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vlipsy/ ... 55210?mt=8
Download for Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... sy.android

Hope you're all doing well!

Unknownwhack

Aug 12, 2011
<3 forever

I wish we had one. We're a remote team so we're all just working at home today. We're all heading to Vegas in January for a conference so maybe then we can party!

If this thing blows up and does well maybe I'll just host an AoC boat party on Minnetonka while playing Prince music all day.

United Statessmarthy_

Well Known Pikeman
Mar 29, 2015
Minneapolis
www.twitch.tv
I wish we had one. We're a remote team so we're all just working at home today. We're all heading to Vegas in January for a conference so maybe then we can party!

If this thing blows up and does well maybe I'll just host an AoC boat party on Minnetonka while playing Prince music all day.
****. Yes.

Dec 20, 2013
This seems like a really good idea! What I'd like to know is whether its possible to edit these videos yourself? Like if you want to get a 1 sec long section from a 5 sec section clip how can you do it?

Unknownwhack

Aug 12, 2011
It's one of my favorite shows, too. And I just found a way to add a bunch more. This time next week should have a lot of really good HIMYM stuff on it.

This seems like a really good idea! What I'd like to know is whether its possible to edit these videos yourself? Like if you want to get a 1 sec long section from a 5 sec section clip how can you do it?
Yes, you can make some of them yourself! If you make an account, you can click "Create your own" at the top (web only for now, mobile creator on the roadmap), from there, you can enter in a youtube clip that you want and follow the prompts to crop, pick a thumbnail, and tag the vlip.

For a situation such as you're seeing a 5-10 second vlip, but want a 1-2 second from the same video, there is a "+" sign after the "source" line on the vlip page. If you press that, it begins the process of clipping from the same source, so you wouldn't have to search for a source each time you wanna do that.

Does that answer your question?

Unknownwhack

Aug 12, 2011
I'll keep my spamming to this thread for any updates we do for those interested.

We went live with a Viber mobile integration yesterday. I know Viber has a lot bigger presence outside of the US so thought there might be some AoC folks who use it. You can now use it with your mobile phone. The experience isn't quite the same as on Skype/iOS/Android/Web (no playlists), but you can still search expressions and have whatever would be featured on the front page populated in to the app.

My hope is that this will be in both Skype and Viber desktop apps in the coming months.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Talk of the Empire
Tuesday 20:00 (GMT +02:00)
w/ Nili, Zak, TheMax, Rubi
LotH2 - Semifinals
Wednesday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
Yo vs vivi

Age Of Empires On Twitch