Viper screws poor Good Guy Jordy

Jul 10, 2012
I would like to bring the Community's attention to a very important issue.

Here's the deal, my friends: Viper trolled a lot in 1v1s recently and therefore dropped like a rock in the ladder, negatively affecting his KOTD ranking. Woopsie! But Viper don't care, because he's confident that he'll make it to the finals no matter where he's put in the bracket. In his own words, "you have to beat the best to win no matter what." Cold, hard logic, my friends. Now, some of you will be quick to point out that obvious fallacy in this "logic", but never mind that, the bottom line is that Viper will likely go all the way no matter where he's ranked.

HOWEVER, the consequence for his good buddy ol pal Jordy is DIRE. Viper's trolling (aka selling out on stream to entertain the ravenous horde of viewers) means that instead of being rank 1, he's now #7 in the bracket. This means that he and Good Guy Jordy, ranked 10, will now meet in the 2nd round (instead of what "should have been" a much later round), putting Good Guy Jordy's chance as prize money, which kicks in for top 8 finishers, at around .0001%.

Now, some of you will say, hey, that's how the cookie crumbles, friendo. Which is ironic, because Jordan's child really likes cookies, but since they cost money, and Viper has now stifled Good Guy Jordy's ability to earn said moneys, Jordan's child must go hungry.

Can we get a "Cookies for Jordy Jr" fundraiser going? Maybe Viper will share his winnings with his best friend who he screwed out of childcare money? Let's see, let's see. Edie, fire this up!

Mar 20, 2015
England
youtube.com
I don't see how this is Vipers fault, if anything turn your attention to the way that the seeding is done. If Viper should be #1 seed then why is he not #1 seed?
He can play as he pleases, there's no rule that says you must play every game of AoC to your highest possible level and you should never try anything new (only established meta allowed guys!!!). It's called having fun. In this case, maybe that fun came at the expense of JorDan since you're framing it what way, but as I said before, maybe ladder rating is not the only factor to consider when seeding players?

Edit: However, it's hard to think you're really being serious by the way you wrote the OP

Jul 10, 2012
I don't see how this is Vipers fault, if anything turn your attention to the way that the seeding is done. If Viper should be #1 seed then why is he not #1 seed?
He can play as he pleases, there's no rule that says you must play every game of AoC to your highest possible level and you should never try anything new (only established meta allowed guys!!!). It's called having fun. In this case, maybe that fun came at the expense of JorDan since you're framing it what way, but as I said before, maybe ladder rating is not the only factor to consider when seeding players?

Edit: However, it's hard to think you're really being serious by the way you wrote the OP
Umm, excuse you ZeroEmpires, but what on earth gives you the impression that I'm not "really being serious"???

I'd like to point out a few things.

First, Jordy's kid really, really, really loves cookies.
Second, Viper and Jordan were best friends before this happened, but now that's not guaranteed (neither have confirmed or denied their feelings regarding this... the silence is deafening).
Third, contrary to what you say, Viper cannot play as he pleases. According to King Daut, Viper's modus operandi is to sell out. Since Daut is never wrong, we must know that Viper exhibits no agency in his actions, and is simply following the fickle wishes of his stream viewers.

Also, get yo facts straight homie, the ladder rating is NOT the only factor being considered when seeding players, it's just one factor. I think this is a neat innovation to bracket making by the admins because it provides at least some small incentive for high level peeps to play their best AoC prior to the tourney, which we plebs benefit from.

Onwards and upwards, friends.

Romanialalapuputoy

Oct 2, 2013
With more practice comes more experience. Keep at it and one day you will become a decent troll. You get 2/10 for this one.

Mar 13, 2017
Critique & analysis of how irrelevant Fanboys - one could say ideology of culture industry- determine Viper to troll and what it means for those Viper loves (Jordan). I like it.

MexicoSouFire

Well Known Pikeman
Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
Yeah viper should be considered as a smurf and point trader he loses games in order to entertain the masses, which for his opponents is very disrespectful, just see the poor guy he played the other day in nomad :|

Jul 10, 2012
BREAKING NEWS!!! Evidence of a fraying friendship???

New intel suggests that Jordan is pissed! Quote, from Jordan to Viper, regarding meeting in the second round, "F YOU AND YOUR YOLO!"

Proof: 22:41 to 23:10 of Viper's stream
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/202658669

And some of you thought this thread was trolling. Ha! Get real! I told you, never come between Jordy and his ability to provide childcare cookies for the love of his life.

14!

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 3v3
Tuesday 19:00 (GMT +01:00)
CSPD vs USA (recs)
Improvement Cup 3v3
Wednesday 19:00 (GMT +01:00)
Group D: Team Lunacy vs Team India