Trying to get Voobly to work for our player to play in NC

UnknownCarlini8

Halberdier
Oct 22, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Firstly, I tried to find where to actually put this and had no clue. Please move if this is wrong.

A UK C player Pete26196 has come back from holiday to voobly issues auto closing MS whenever he tries to open it. I know this was an issue for some players a few weeks ago when voobly went haywire, or something along those lines, I think maybe Edie had it if my memory serves?

Before anyone says, oh go post on the voobly forums, that was already attempted: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/269579

it appears Kitt has decided that Pete is cheating and closed the thread. Firstly, thank you to everyone who tried to help in that thread, now it is closed, we can no longer seek help from voobly.

It is no secret that I prefer to play on HD than Voobly. But people like this Kitt really do make my fires of hatred burn brighter. I messaged him to reopen the thread so someone who knew what they were talking about could help: http://prntscr.com/fwi7hk

I am informed by some pretty upstanding members of this community that having the cheat engine on your PC does not cause this issue, it does not make voobly automatically crash. So this guy should know that, especially if he is accusing someone of cheating.

I was finally starting to have some fun on voobly thanks to NC. Then voobly decides to be a ****.

As the next best place to post in the AoC community, somewhere that won't just get locked - is anyone able to help Pete so we can practice? :/

Thanks all.

Franceedie

Champion
Monk
May 9, 2013
Re: Trying to get Voobly to work for our player to play in N

a world where ertug multi recidivist cheater isnt banned, and pete is banned :frown:
#justiceforpete

Brazildogao

Well Known Pikeman
May 28, 2008

It happened to me once, but I just reinstalled and everything was ok again.

What I'm experiencing is a lot of fp issues recently after some updates.

Btw, did he tried to play in the china version of voobly?

UnknownCarlini8

Halberdier
Oct 22, 2016
United Kingdom

Sadly he has already tried that. In my latest correspondence all I got told was to mind my language and that he was cheating, very helpful.

NetherlandsKigo

VCOM Tournament Host
Jul 22, 2016
The Netherlands
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Voobly tech support is working on the issue as we speak. Pete is NOT banned from Voobly, nor will he be in the future.

UnknownMaSmOrRa

Halberdier
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012

Kitt has a bit of a temper sometimes, you probably just caught him on a bad day :lol:

If you see Genette online, message him and I'm sure he won't give up until he fixes your mate's problem.

ArgentinaImRiver

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 22, 2012
www.taringa.net
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

[...] people like this Kitt really do make my fires of hatred burn brighter. I messaged him to reopen the thread so someone who knew what they were talking about could help: http://prntscr.com/fwi7hk
wow, that really does suck a lot. I hope that doesn't happen commonly, because I get 2-3 messages per day from people who have some kind of trouble with voobly and I always tell them that they should seek help from the Help Room Chat lobby or I'd link the section from the forum.
I do that because always that I had trouble amazing people like genette and lately with a few things lambda always were very happy to help me and took their time to talk to me without being in a rush.
Anyway, hope that the people that I tell to ask for help don't unluckily talk to someone like kitt :/

BrazilDFH_Risque

Apr 26, 2010

Meanwhile ertug is hosting games on voobly 11...

United KingdomRgeadn

Bronze Supporter
Jan 29, 2016
England, UK
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

This is just sad 11 Banning Pete's account with what evidence I wonder :roll:

UnknownFedex

Known Member
Feb 28, 2011

since ertug is hosting 1v1 voobly is crashing every game

poor monoz insulted ertug and his voobly dropped every game since then. I heard his pc exploded

GermanyJineapple

Known Member
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Just to clarify, Pete was *not* banned. He can't get into any lobby (Voobly will crash) , which at least according to Kitt was because the anti-cheat system detected something. That still doesn't warrant his behavior of course, as you always have to consider the possibility of an error in the system (which is definitely the case here if any "cheats" were detected)

NetherlandsSiFly

Jul 11, 2012
Netherlands
www.voobly.com
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

Just to clarify, Pete was *not* banned. He can't get into any lobby (Voobly will crash) , which at least according to Kitt was because the anti-cheat system detected something. That still doesn't warrant his behavior of course, as you always have to consider the possibility of an error in the system (which is definitely the case here if any "cheats" were detected)
But the anti cheat just bans you for 15 minutes when you join a lobby, not simply crash.

GermanyJineapple

Known Member
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

But the anti cheat just bans you for 15 minutes when you join a lobby, not simply crash.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I don't know why the crash would be related to the anti-cheat, but there has to be some kind of info that at least makes it seem that way. Hard to judge without access to that.

UnknownShmolagin

Jun 14, 2014

I don't see how this could be a ban, and I'm pretty sure it can't be anti cheat. If anti cheat detects something all it does is ban you for 15 minutes. If you are banned voobly notifies you why you were banned and how long the ban will last.

Voobly has been running like crap for everyone lately.

United Kingdompete26196

Known Member
Jan 1, 2013

Thanks for the concern guys, love you all ;heart

The support thread has been reopened and hopefully this will be sorted soon

United KingdomRgeadn

Bronze Supporter
Jan 29, 2016
England, UK
Voobly
Ladder