Map ContestWe have been especially eager to announce our official map making contest for The Resurgence. In the time leading up to the event, we would love to see what our incredibly creative map-making community can come up with for the event.
And with any good contest comes a good reward, and we have a prize pool of $300.00 distributed among the three best maps of the contest.
Third Place: $45.00
From today, you will have exactly two weeks, with a deadline of the 22nd of April at 15.00 UTC, to create and submit your maps. The maps will be judged internally by the team behind the tournament.
- The tournament is not themed around any specific region; however, keep the theme of the submissions concise.
- Mapmakers must value the competitiveness of their entries very highly.
- Changing default behaviour or stats of units or buildings is not disallowed but must be done exceptionally thoughtfully.
- Each contestant can submit a maximum of two maps.
- Contestants must only submit original content created by themselves.
- No maps are guaranteed to be used in the tournament.
- Once submitted, contestants accept and allow that the maps may be edited, altered or revised entirely if deemed necessary.
- One contestant cannot receive multiple prizes. If a contestant has multiple winning maps, the map eligible for the lowest prize will go to the next contestant in line.
- The maps must be submitted to the official tournament Discord server here.
- The submission must include the map name, a short description, and the map script itself.
If you’re new or inexperienced with map-making and would like to get your hands dirty, there’s a dedicated and amiable Discord server all about making maps for Age of Empires II. You’ll find guides, video tutorials and many friendly faces willing to help out. You can join the server by clicking here.