Hearttt
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
So recently I've seen a lot of discussion everywhere, including threads that have nothing to do with it, about who's number one, number two, etc. It reminded me of an old game I used to play, which had a topic on it's forums so that people could rank the top 10/20/30 clans. So let's do it here! In the long run, it will show the evolution of players (somewhat) throughout the years - if the topic stays active - which should be pretty fun.

I will start with my own small list as an example

1. Viper - most experienced, one of the most active and best rounded player, certainly undisputed for now.
2/3. Yo/Lierey - depending on settings, both should be up there, although I'd give my boy Larry the upperhand as I believe he's more capable of learning and adapting if required.
4. Daut - Although his activity hasn't been high lately, his experience should be enough to make him a good contender on more strategy-based maps (generally water maps).

You guys get the point. Try to keep arguments to a minimum as well so that ranking lists are more prevalent on this topic.

Unknown_Andrew

Longswordman
Jan 2, 2013
1. Viper - Although I think Lierey has surpassed him in certain areas of skill, still deserves to be #1 since he won KOTD and hasn't lost a major 1v1 tournament in years.

2. Liereyy - For me the most skilled AoC player. Best build orders (by a lot), best micro, seems to be incredibly consistent. Haven't seen much from him on other maps recently but even if it's a step below his Arabia play that's still plenty good.

3. Yo- His skill level dropped off a bit after Clan Masters, IMO, due largely to inactivity but he's still an amazing player who can adapt on the fly and seems to always make good decisions. Probably a step below Lierey and Viper in the skills department but in terms of reading the game he's up there with the best.

4. Nicov - Hasn't been in top form in a while in 1v1 but still think his maximum level is a step above guys like Daut, Tim, etc so that's why I'll give him this spot for now.

5. (tie) Daut, Riut Tim, Heart- I know ties are kinda lame but I think you could make a reasonable case for any of these 5 players on a given day.

Franceedie

Champion
Monk
May 9, 2013
Like I posted already in others topics, I have the same top 3 :
1) viper
2) lierey (or yo depend setting)
3) yo (or lierey)

Then 4/5 could be a lot of players atm, depend of their shape, I think of nicov daut riut ..

I just wanna add, for the new guys in the community and the stream viewers, to stop think there is rivality between some top experts, often i see message like "you sux, daut better than you" daut rox X is noob", if you dont know, daut is legend of aoc, ofc he rox, no need to creat rivality, the guy has bigger carrier than age of some aoc players, he was already owning in aoe that some top experts wasnt even born. And the fact is that he can still play on the very competitive scene after this huge longevity, without trying he is in top 20 easily and when he does cares he can top 5/10, so yeah stop thinks he rox for only 2-3 years and compare new tops or regular top, there isnt comparity ...

United KingdomFall

Halberdier
Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Fallstar
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
1. Viper - Best player in the world on all maps and settings. Liereyy comes close on open land maps but is far behind in RM in general.
2. Yo - 2nd most well rounded player, came close in WSVG, expert in all maps. Doesn't seem to be as much of a dominating player in TGs as Viper and Liereyy, but that might be more down to SY's style.
3. Liereyy - Could easily be number 2 but I've just never actually seen him play FR, RF, nomad, arena etc. vs an expert player so I have no idea what his level is like on those maps. Fantastic TG player.
4. Riut - The guy doesn't seem to get rusty, comes back after months and months and is still the fastest player by miles and adapted to WK without any difficulties. Expert on all maps.

5. could be one of a few players, Nicov, Vivi, Daut. I'd probably give it to Daut, he has that extra gear and can really turn his performance up when he needs/wants to and consistently performs excellently in tournaments.

Jul 30, 2017
1: Viper - unquestionable
2: Liereyy - although, in my opinion, he still lacks skill on water maps, mixed maps, mr and overall experience
3: Yo - hasn't performed that great in 2017, but is still incredible. since he is experienced on any kind of map he could be number 2 aswell
4: Nicov - amazing both in 1v1 and TG, but at the moment not on the level of the 1st 3
5: Riut - although he had long breaks, he performed great in nc and has already achieved a very high level with wk. he has a lot of experience and could be soon a top 3 candidate again
6: Daut - he is Daut
7: Slam - although he likes to throw games and might not be as good as he used to be, he is still super strong on any kind of map
8 Tatoh, Hearttt, MBL, TheMax - depends on the map and 1v1 or tg
12 Vivi, F1re, Bact, Tim, Vinchester, Dogao - again, depends on the settings
18 Lyx, Miguel, Jordan (will be top10 soon I guess), St4rk, Cool, ACCM, Paladin, HappyHappy, Straydog, Villese, Hera, Zuppi, Mattheus ..... and others (have probably forgotten a few that belong to the top 30 aswell) - depends again on the settings

Netherlandsrustyknivess

Known Member
Aug 10, 2014
Voobly
Vorona
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
1. Viper (obviously lol)
2. Yo
3. Lierreyy
4. Nicov
5. Vivi

If riut gets back in his old form he's definetly belongs in the top 5 and Daut too.

Slam is really good too but he always underperforms in tournaments which is kinda sad to see.

Heartt and TaToh also have been improving greatly.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
1. Viper
2. Liereyy
3. Yo
4. DauT
5. TatoH

clans is a tricky thing though. Not even sure what clans we have atm/who is in which clan

Tyrant Legends and aM relatively straight forward, but after that it becomes blurry between clans and NC teams (dogao in SY or brazilian clan, Riut/Fire in Tyrant or Brazil, BacT in VNS, Winland with or without Pike)

I would generally say Tyrant, aM, SY, Winland, ChinaA, VNS - if Brazil turns out be a clan also post BoA they would rank high there as well

Netherlandsi_no_english

Sep 16, 2012
1. Viper
2. Liereyy
3. Yo
4. Nicov
5. RiuT, DauT, Hearttt, MbL, vivi, Tim, TheMax, TaToH, slam and more

Potential best (or top 3) player in near future: Vinchester, Hera, Villese

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone