AOE-HD The Vipers 24 Hour Stream

UnknownCarlini8

Oct 22, 2016
United Kingdom
As a community I feel right now we are missing somewhere to discuss the big events in AoE. The Viper streamed for 24 hours, probably averaged over 1.5k viewers for the full 25 hours he was streaming and there was not one post to discuss this on here. There were however a few Reddit posts but these quite quickly get lost in time. Most discussion was in Discord, but that is lost even quicker than Reddit.

There was a poll at the end of The Vipers stream asking people to vote on their favourite 15 moments and add more if they wanted. The first 15 were generally asked around in the twitch chat for, the rest were PM'd to me due to the poll.

The favourite was by far Toplo deleting The Vipers TC, this can be seen here: https://clips.twitch.tv/tyrant_theviper/GracefulBarracudaPipeHype

I am trying to get clips of everything together, but at the same time I am kinda lazy/ there is 25 hours to search through. Any help would be appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2049350516

I think the stream went very well and proved things are still growing, there were a substantial amount of people for such a long period of time.

I think my favourite moment was this one: https://clips.twitch.tv/tyrant_theviper/AlivePorpoiseMrDestructoid

Did you watch any of it? What was your favourite moment?

UnknownBacT

Apr 8, 2011
vns-clan.org
Omg really funny 111 thanks for your posting both videos

First video - My first moment of seeing his friends had a good teacher <3 after he deleted TC im laughed to tears
Seconds video - really nice, It's a rare moment and Im have never done so :?:

A
The premise of your post is wrong. Viper's 24 h stream (or indeed any 24 hour stream) is not a big event, I mean it has hardly any relevance and in essence is nothing but a fanboy gathering. It has no relevance when compared to e.g. WiC or nations cup finals, etc.

DenmarkSaladEsc

Known Member
Sep 30, 2013
Copenhagen
www.twitch.tv
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

UnknownCarlini8

Oct 22, 2016
United Kingdom
The premise of your post is wrong. Viper's 24 h stream (or indeed any 24 hour stream) is not a big event, I mean it has hardly any relevance and in essence is nothing but a fanboy gathering. It has no relevance when compared to e.g. WiC or nations cup finals, etc.
I think a lot of people in the community enjoyed it, there were people there the whole 24 hours with Viper.

There was lots of discussion in discord throughout and after, all of which is now lost into the discord abyss and will get further and further away. Why is a post a bad thing? I would have also liked a post for T90 RRumble 2 and Nilis CotH but instead I posted in Nilis post and I missed the majority of the first game for RR2 so didn't post about that. But I think events like that should have posts here so we can discuss these in ways that we can refer back to later.

TyranT, the dominant team lost in the final in a very entertaining tournament to watch and there are very few comments about it. There isn't much around about the EGM Torneys and I requested a post to talk about RotK.

I don't remember saying this was the most important event of all time :/

Feb 6, 2017
the party i enjoy the most is get too drunk at beginning, take nap then i wake up in the middle of the night and its forest nothing so i end up napping again. naps feelsgoodman, i enjoy the part when biper was not allowed to nap membface membface membface

been yeah ofc best moment for me was toploo deleting TC, best than superbua TC

Czech RepublicDraCoNT

Jan 5, 2016
cool story bro
He's right though, if something gets very high amount of viewers for a long time it doesn't mean it's an event in the meaning we use in AoC. Whatever tournament/duel are just different things compared to long stream.
@Carlini - I like your idea, unfortunately twitch chat usually isn't the place to discuss the game. Hopefully more people will support this, so the modes will at least have to take a look at this and think about it.

UnknownCarlini8

Oct 22, 2016
United Kingdom
Certainly agree there, twitch you can "chat" but if you want to have any sort of meaningful discussion that certainly isn't the place. Any kind of tactical discussion, especially with that many viewers just isn't going to happen before the grassDauts come out.

Up to 25 clips now. Thanks for sending them to me guys.

A
I think a lot of people in the community enjoyed it, there were people there the whole 24 hours with Viper.

There was lots of discussion in discord throughout and after, all of which is now lost into the discord abyss and will get further and further away. Why is a post a bad thing? I would have also liked a post for T90 RRumble 2 and Nilis CotH but instead I posted in Nilis post and I missed the majority of the first game for RR2 so didn't post about that. But I think events like that should have posts here so we can discuss these in ways that we can refer back to later.

TyranT, the dominant team lost in the final in a very entertaining tournament to watch and there are very few comments about it. There isn't much around about the EGM Torneys and I requested a post to talk about RotK.

I don't remember saying this was the most important event of all time :/
There is a difference between "a lot of people" enjoyed it" and "it is important". Most of these 1k5 are regulars, and those spent the whole 24 hours are exactly the fanboys. I never said the post is bad, I am just saying that "it is important" is #clearly wrong. If something like this would be important, this would indicate that aoc is on the way down (which it is not - I hope!).

UnknownCutht

Aug 24, 2016
Well, it helps the aoc community grow so in that regard, it's a pretty major event imo. And he's the posterboy of competitive aoc as it is anyway.

A
Well, it helps the aoc community grow so in that regard, it's a pretty major event imo. And he's the posterboy of competitive aoc as it is anyway.
It mainly helps biper, he made 2k5 $ within 24 hours. It's not like he will put this in tournaments or something. Will he? Generally speaking, a 24h stream is only considered a big event by fan boys. To them it is big, obviously. In the not so far future this will be forgotten, Unlike the glorious BO21, in which jordan proved his #clear superiority over the biper #neverforget

A
Yeah - I checked the stream at the beginning and then once at the end just to see if the Viper lived or dieded.

AustraliaSocksyy

Nov 6, 2013
Australia
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
It mainly helps biper, he made 2k5 $ within 24 hours. It's not like he will put this in tournaments or something. Will he? Generally speaking, a 24h stream is only considered a big event by fan boys. To them it is big, obviously. In the not so far future this will be forgotten, Unlike the glorious BO21, in which jordan proved his #clear superiority over the biper #neverforget
why the hate, 24 hour streams (especially with as many viewers as viper got, and the way he showcased many aspects of age of empires through engaging and interesting methods) really help out to spread awareness of age of empires 2 and that it is still alive in both a casual and competitive sense. Viper was in the top 20 - 25? channels on twitch which meant that most likely many new people had a glance at this. This in turn benefits age of empires in the long run.
Viper also got many many new subs and almost a whopping $2500 in donations alone which he definitely deserves for the constant almost daily entertainment he has been providing for the past couple months streaming as well as in the past.

In short Viper is a huge help to the community as a whole along with many other streamers / tournament organisers / admins / players / participators / twitch chatters / voobly team / HD team / zone team in the past 18 years and we should all view this as a positive growth for age of empires in the present day.

So a win / win situation for everyone. :smile:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

REDcup high: Semifinals
Tuesday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
ACCM vs Klavskis
ToA Swiss R3: Lower Bracket Top2
Tuesday 17:00 (GMT +02:00)
King_Marv+ Scogo+Magicrusher -VS- speedlimit+DarthMortius+Fred