The Escape Champions League

ecl-header.png

It is our pleasure to announce the Escape Champions League (ECL), a new Age of Empires II tournament organised by Escape Gaming in partnership with Microsoft. This is by far our largest event yet, with 8 teams, 14 events and $60,000 in prize pool. The tournament will end with a LAN final where the top two teams will compete face to face in a final showdown.

A complete event summary can be found on the official Age of Empires Website and the Rules and Settings can be found in the ECL Handbook. We will be holding the community discussion here on AoEZone in the Escape Champions League sub-forum.

Registration is now open.

Key Facts:
Prize: $60,000
Teams: 8
Players: 4-6 per Team
Finals: LAN (TBA)
Qualification: Open

Format:
14 Single Elimination Brackets
League System

Streaming:
Policy: Semi-Open
Main Channel: http://twitch.tv/escapeaoe
Read more

Comments

IndiaRogganWololo

Jun 3, 2013
Voobly
RogganWololo
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

It is our pleasure to announce the Escape Champions League (ECL), a new Age of Empires II tournament organised by Escape Gaming in partnership with Microsoft. This is by far our largest event yet, with 8 teams, 14 events and $60,000 in prize pool. The tournament will end with a LAN final where the top two teams will compete face to face in a final showdown.

A complete event summary can be found on the official Age of Empires Website and the Rules and Settings can be found in the ECL Handbook. We will be holding the community discussion here on AoEZone in the Escape Champions League sub-forum.

Registration is now open.

Key Facts:
Prize: $60,000
Teams: 8
Players: 4-6 per Team
Finals: LAN (TBA)
Qualification: Open

Format:
14 Single Elimination Brackets
League System

Streaming:
Policy: Semi-Open
Main Channel: http://twitch.tv/escapeaoe
Read more
HYPEEEEEEE

Aug 8, 2017
Voobly
damdre
View profile
Ladder
RM - Beginners
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
It will be great. The only bad thing is that teams that have players from different parts of the world will not be able to play together because it is split by continents.

GermanyEscapeAoE

Two handed swordman
Bronze Supporter
Feb 1, 2017
escape.gg
It will be great. The only bad thing is that teams that have players from different parts of the world will not be able to play together because it is split by continents.
I think you misunderstand, the 8 teams that qualify will play the entire event. The Stages are themed around different regions of the world, and all teams will participate in them.

AustriaClemensor

Halberdier
Jun 9, 2014
Vienna
I was confused at first aswell, but thats just for the civs, not for teams or players. If I understood it correctly games in for example Eastern Europe stage are to be played with civs from the Eastern European category.

Norwaybuddy__1

Jul 30, 2016
Incredible.

Everything im looking through and i just keep getting more impressed.

well done guys cant wait for the tournament start.

Thank you 11

NetherlandsBurandal

Aug 11, 2015
amazing tournament! great job! And really happy to see alot of different casters! For every taste one!

edit: what about the huge chinese community? They dont have an official caster?

Last edited:

GermanyJineapple

Well Known Pikeman
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
JineappleAOE
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
From the policy thread: "The decision to play the games on GameRanger is simply a result of working to find the best solution possible given the circumstance [...]" loool. I found that very surprising. But nice idea, let's see how it works out.
Not sure what's there to loool about?

I have to say I really appreciate the streaming policy. It's been a hot topic and I'm happy that a reasonable compromise has been found. I'm really looking forward to seeing this :smile:

PortugalMaSmOrRa

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012
From the ECL Policy Thread:

GameRanger is our best option right now.
So I'm still holding some hope this decision is not quite final yet.

GameRanger doesn't allow live spectating, probably no spectator overlay either? Do they have NAT Traversal to help with fast proxys and so on? Do they have an Anti-Cheat system in place?

I can't believe Voobly is letting this opportunity pass...

Other than that...AWESOME!!!!

Last edited:

Franceedie

Champion
Monk
May 9, 2013
I think you misunderstand, the 8 teams that qualify will play the entire event. The Stages are themed around different regions of the world, and all teams will participate in them.
Sorry if I misunderstood this but does that mean we will see team like Morocco top 8 ? I struggle to understand how it work or the format.
Btw if that’s the case I have double nationality, french algerian, I play with Africa 11

GermanyJineapple

Well Known Pikeman
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
JineappleAOE
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Sorry if I misunderstood this but does that mean we will see team like Morocco top 8 ? I struggle to understand how it work or the format.
Btw if that’s the case I have double nationality, french algerian, I play with Africa 11
All teams play in all events. The "location" just provides a theme for maps, available civs etc.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

NAC2 - Qualifier #2 - WB Final
Tuesday 21:00 (GMT +01:00)
KotD2 Special Interview - Hera
Thursday 19:30 (GMT +01:00)
Special interview with Hera.
Talk of the Empire - 2018 Recap
Thursday 21:00 (GMT +01:00)
w/ Nili, Zak & T90
ECL East Asia 2v2
Saturday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL East Asia 2v2
Willis 24 Hour into Christmas Eve Stream!
Sunday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
Willis 24 Hour Stream!
24 Hour Holiday Stream!
December 27th 18:00 (GMT +01:00)
24 Hour Stream (twitch.tv/nerdragequit)
Rusaoc Cup 22 - Deadly Forest 1v1
December 30th 11:00 (GMT +01:00)
Rusaoc Cup 22 - Deadly Forest 1v1
EscapeTV Mystery Event - Day 1
January 18th 21:30 (GMT +01:00)
Something special is coming...
EscapeTV Mystery Event - Day 2