AOE-II Ten 1x1 Arab Games with mainly Goths vs mostly 17++/18++

Jun 15, 2008
I really luv the Goths, and my practice with them has now made me reach 1842 rating which is my highest ever. Enjoy these games, all were challenging and rox games. One of the games I got to play PL_Peel in his new account.

Please give me views on the games. Thanks

:sick:

Attachments

• General Advancing Chat Researches

• Version: AOC
      Duration: 00:34:09
      Avg. rating: N/A
      Map: Arabia
      View of: CarlosFerdinand
      Click on the map to enlarge
      Team 1
      CarlosFerdinand
      Goths
      Team 2
      Candy_vn
      Huns
    •   Feudal Castle Imperial
      CarlosFerdinand 00:10:42 00:33:05 -
      Candy_vn 00:14:05 00:27:18 -
    • PREGAME CHAT
      <CarlosFerdinand> gl hf
      <Candy_vn> 1
      <Candy_vn> 14
      <Candy_vn> 14
      <CarlosFerdinand> ok
      INGAME CHAT
      [00:11:55] <CarlosFerdinand> 1 min pls
      [00:11:55] <CarlosFerdinand> 14?
      [00:11:55] <Candy_vn> 1
      [00:11:55] <CarlosFerdinand> brb
      [00:11:55] <CarlosFerdinand> sry
      [00:34:02] <Candy_vn> again
      [00:34:03] <Candy_vn> 11
      [00:34:05] <CarlosFerdinand> gg
      [00:34:09] * Candy_vn resigned
    • CarlosFerdinand
      Candy_vn
      Time
    Version:
    AOC
    Duration:
    00:34:09
    Avg. Rating:
    N/A
    Map:
    Arabia
    PoV:
    CarlosFerdinand
    Team 1
    CarlosFerdinand
    Goths
    Team 2
    Candy_vn
    Huns

UnknownFuzer

Mar 13, 2010
Hey Carlos, thx for your games. Your build order is very original,is nice to see some variance on standard BO.

Really like your strategy, +0/+1 gives you huge adventage on first attack.
Have you tried to get your ranges early? some skirms 30~40 sec earlier could work very good on this strat.

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
similar strategy to ur clanmate john_mendl only he tries to do it with japs (havent watched recent recs of him tho, dunno if he has added variations)

thx for games btw :P

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
i would like to see more games of you against a good early fwd, how do you react? do u usually lose? your style is kickass against azt or hun drush and with that advantage u get in feudal u get to do husks early and the hun guy is done, because theyre used to mass ca or kts but goth barracks help u mass husks or pikes i a really good amount, and u counter both kts and ca.

i think to beat you the player has to know your style beforehand otherwise he would go huns or azt thinking it would be a drush war, ur civ+style rocks against the way people is used to play arab 1v1 these days.

im not sure about being forwarded tho, do you have games against good fwds?

SlovakiaIvIaximus

May 16, 2010
frwrd just sux... he has like 6 militias riught after up while frwrd player just build ranges... then uo to maa = gg

Unknowneueueu3x

Aug 14, 2008
Hey, fun games to watch, last time I had fun watching recs were iori/goodboy crazy attacks! Btw your style with goths is different than of other goths players I know, it rox, GGs :D

Jul 12, 2008
Fwd is bad vs an [email protected] rush, because if the fwd vills are found out, the militia wil start hit n run attacks on forward vills, and once the [email protected] upgrade is done, vils get taken down or chased away. Mongol 21 pop still feuds like 9.50 and the only diff is that [email protected] player will hav to use a few vills to fight along with his small no. of militia(to prevent fwd tower for eg), its a losing battle for the fwd.

The last game i submitted here was a jap [email protected] rush v mongol fwd, u cud check that rec if u want. Goth starts slower than jap but fwd can b beaten a similar way.

Jun 15, 2008
Hey guys thanks for ur comments.

As against fwd, personally i'm weak against it, but my strat is above average to killing a fwd because of reasons maximus and john explained. I will see if i can provide you such recs when i get back home this weekend.

Jun 15, 2008
@Richard: Goths can surely be defeated, it all depends on the skill level of players. If you are asking how to counter this strategy, I suggest to go 2 range archer rush with around 23-25 pop, use a few walls and if needed a defensive tower, and hold off his first attack. Then, make a stable and add in scouts, getting bloodlines early if your civ has. Try to hide stable from enemy as much as possible, this may take him completely by surprise, as he is likely to have gone a lot of skirms by this time.

Against forward, my problem is that I often fail to see it coming in advance, but [email protected] rush just kicks ass forwards. Exception could be a pure archer forward, which can win a lot if microed good, especially with fast civs.

@ Fuzer: I usually get my ranges just in time (if things go right, hehe:D) to have an army to counter his archers, and before that I try to build more farms and maximise eco, since if he dont have too many archers/ or without fletching, [email protected] just do very rox, as long as he isnt full walled or towered(in which case I switch to fc). The great thing about [email protected] is that a strong-sized army can be fielded very quickly from just a single barracks!

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
Against forward, my problem is that I often fail to see it coming in advance, but [email protected] rush just kicks ass forwards. Exception could be a pure archer forward, which can win a lot if microed good, especially with fast civs.
thats my point i dont see u winning against an aggressive 19/20 pop 9:30 mongol feud archer + spear+ vill fight + tower fwd, if microed good of course, thats why i said a good fwd when i asked, if the player puts enough pressure while ur trying to get your [email protected] with armor upgrade ur eco will be ****ed up by then

Jun 15, 2008
pooos, i will try to beat a good forward soon and post the rec lol.

These games, i dont think anyone forwarded, and not many times do people do so early forwards to me.

thats why i said a good fwd when i asked, if the player puts enough pressure while ur trying to get your [email protected] with armor upgrade ur eco will be ****ed up by then
That is not true! The fact that you already have many militia created HELPS u great in fighing against forwards, my problem is on my scouting in late dark/early feudal and the problem is not with my strategy as you seem to think.

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
please prove me wrong :sick: because thats the only weakness i thought of when watching ur games, ur a great player and creative and i like that, dont think im hatin or anything just asking about possible case scenarios :tongue:, gonna analyze ur timing later, now gotta study :cry: , dont forget hes got a 3+2 scout already and you dont!... greetings

SlovakiaIvIaximus

May 16, 2010
i dont think 19/20 pop up arch could work very well.. even with mongs..
ur eco will be too weak ,i think u will have problem to put even second archer range if ur vills will be attacking by enemy militias+vills ,also he will have greater numbers of vills and after up he will put one range make few skirms and ur archs are gg

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
Yeah I will try to give u recs, if not mongols, atleast vs huns.
make sure its 21 pop pls id appreciate it, i've already seen a 22pop and timings matched on ur benefit also the forward was terrible placed and the player wasnt too good thats when this whole thing came to my mind haha

i wouldnt put second range up if im lucky with deer i'd add stable on base to make profit of food stockpile (im mong) and keep messing his eco up and kill those skirms. sorry i insist with this my highest rate ever is 173x but in aok 111111 aoc dont play too much just watch recs, stay tuned to the community and play in summer or holidays, in aok mongs were the civ for 1v1 thats why i insist so much with this have watched thousands and thousands of recs of aoc (and keep doing it) and i know this could work if player has the skills at your level 18++ there should be someone with enough micro to stop u :lol:

i wont get this out of my mind until i see rec haha im sorry :o-o:ops:

if u get defeated post the rec(s) also pls

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
yeah whatever im the only one hating in here lol ur style owns and the funny thing is people keep coming 3 militia hun drush to u, once u reach 2k and ur style become famous things will change :twisted:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Hidden Cup 2 Qualification Final
Tuesday 16:00 (GMT +01:00)
Aspiring Experts SL Ro32
Tuesday 21:00 (GMT +01:00)
wAkKo vs OLADUSHEK
Hidden Cup 2 Qualification Final
Wednesday 22:00 (GMT +01:00)