- Aug 8, 2020
Our purpose is to create a competitive environment within the age community, in which everyone can participate and enjoy competition at the same level. Therefore, we invite everyone to participate in our community-based tournaments.
Brief description of the tournament:
- There will be several divisions that will comprise 100 ELO points 1vs1 RM.
- Players of each division will be seeded in sub-groups of 4 players, with a Round-Robin format. Then, ALL PLAYERS will move to a double elimination bracket.
- Map pool will be voted by players.
- Group stage: 1 series per week.
- Double Elimination Bracket: Lower bracket will play twice a week, Upper bracket once.
- Default match-day time: Saturdays & Sundays 20hrs GMT. Date and time subject to changes in case of players agreement.
- There is no participant cap.
Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition. We will always use the last patch. Tournament platform will be challonge.com
Players will be seeded into divisions ranging 100 1vs1 RM ELO points each, without participant cap. i.e: 000 to 100, 100 to 200, ... , 1500 to 1600, ... etc. Each division will have at least 16 players. In case that there are less than 16 players, that division will be grouped up with the next one with the fewer number of players. Then, players will be subdivided into groups of 4 where they will face each other in a Bo3 round-robin group stage format.
Group-Stage will feature three Bo3 matches. ALL PLAYERS will move to a double-elimination-bracket. First two teams will move to the upper bracket, bottom two will move to the lower bracket. Every defeated player from the upper bracket will drop to the lower one.
Upper Bracket series will be Bo3, Lower Bracket series will be Bo1 (but for the LB Finals).
Grand Final will feature the winner of the upper bracket final against the winner of lower bracket final, Bo5.
We will take into consideration an average of your last 15 1vs1 RM games plus your 1vs1 all-time-peak.
All players must have played at least 20 1vs1 games.
Each player will vote for 4 maps. The most voted map will be played in game 1. Each division will have their very own map pool. Game 2 will be the loser's home map. Game 3 -if needed- the other player home map. Map pool will include top 8 voted maps.
Picks & Bans:
2 banned civilisations. 5 picks for each side, a final snipe each.
LB: Lower Bracket
UB: Upper Bracket
Have a look at the Bracket draft for more information
Setting a different matchday:
- Players are available to choose any date and time at their will, IF it is PRIOR to the default time of the next round. i.e: Next round is Sunday 09/13. Hence, the last eligible date is Sat 09/13 23:59hrs.
- In case that players cannot agree on a determined date, they will have to show up on the default date Sat/Sun 20hrs GMT, according to the calendar.
- In case you set a different date/time, you MUST inform it in the designated channel #To-Be-Defined. We won’t accept any private conversation screenshots when requesting admin-win.
- There will be a 15-minutes-tolerance for every series.
- In case players cannot pick a server that is suitable for both, the default one will be East US.
- The only rule is that you cannot abuse game bugs.
- Sanctions will be dictated by the administrators or moderators.
- Respect among players is a must.
- 15 minutes tolerance for each game. Once exceeded, admin win will be granted.
- Google Form here
- Discord nickname MUST match Steam nickname.
- Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SmgQt5V
Drops or disconnect:
- In the event of internet outages, games must be restored. Any suspicious behaviour will be reviewed and may have disciplinary sanctions if any system abuse is detected.
Data Mod : Definitive Set
Game Mode : Random Map
Map Style : Custom
Location : Chosen Map
Size: Tiny (2 players)
AI Difficulty : Standard
Resources : Standard
Population : 200
Game Speed : Normal
Reveal Map : Normal
Starting Age : Standard
Ending Age : Standard
Treaty Length: <None>
Victory Condition : Conquest
Lock Teams : [X] Yes
Team Together : [X] Yes
Team Positions : [X ] Yes
Shared Exploration : [ ] No
Lock Speed : [X] Yes
Allow Cheats : [ ] No
Turbo Mode : [ ] No
Full Tech Tree : [ ] No
Record Game : [X] Yes
- We currently count with 100+ signed-up players.