Jun 12, 2013
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
He did not steal them - that was the path they were set on by the chinese player. He just walked past and changed the colour, he issued no commands to the sheep. This is allowed.

Here is the recording: http://www.voobly.com/match/view/16163258

Vivi and CL are the only players who move the sheep.

Brazilandreskbr

Jun 16, 2013
It was clear Canada played by the rules meanwhile China broke them. Therefore, it was fair admin win for Canada. Also, check this:

§3 - Respect & Fairplay
Every team member must respect their opponent. Bad behaviour (determined by staff) will result in a warning and may lead to an immediate disqualification of a whole team.

Whoop telling the Canada players to "f*** one by one" is not really respectfull, right? China is lucky not to be warned, perhaps even disqualified.

Aland Islandskw1k000000

Known Member
Feb 18, 2015
Voobly
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
It was clear Canada played by the rules meanwhile China broke them. Therefore, it was fair admin win for Canada. Also, check this:

§3 - Respect & Fairplay
Every team member must respect their opponent. Bad behaviour (determined by staff) will result in a warning and may lead to an immediate disqualification of a whole team.

Whoop telling the Canada players to "f*** one by one" is not really respectfull, right? China is lucky not to be warned, perhaps even disqualified.
Your temper will be high too IF you think you are getting AL unfairly. Switch it around and one or two of Canadians would be acting similar.

Apr 2, 2016
1. his vil didnt sit under the tc.
2. he captured (not stole) the sheep but didnt move them. they were still under happyhappy's control after the vil passing through

Brazilandreskbr

Jun 16, 2013

§3 - Respect & Fairplay

Your temper will be high too IF you think you are getting AL unfairly. Switch it around and one or two of Canadians would be acting similar.
It does not matter. The rules are clear about sportsmanship. And by the way, correct rules, being a good looser(especially when the other team got a win BY THE RULES) is a must to deserve to play tournaments.

United StatesInfluenza

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 7, 2011
imo the rules are bad, and you should be able to kill vills with tc at any moment, and steal sheep at any moment (but not kill them.) However, according to the rules, China obviously violated them while Hera did not. Even according to the rules you are quoting, if Hera actually attempted to steal the sheep he converted, he would not have broken any rules. He did not steal those sheep by sitting under a tc, only by passing near it.

Dec 23, 2010
I can't stand that crass behavior from that guy either. The whinging was irritating.

Earlier in the series, admin judged that Canada's gold was not bugged (per the rules, it was not bugged). So admin here was consistent all the way till the end.

Unknownthepitzaboy

May 27, 2010
bangalore, india
imo the rules are bad, and you should be able to kill vills with tc at any moment, and steal sheep at any moment (but not kill them.) However, according to the rules, China obviously violated them while Hera did not. Even according to the rules you are quoting, if Hera actually attempted to steal the sheep he converted, he would not have broken any rules. He did not steal those sheep by sitting under a tc, only by passing near it.
+1..

the rules are horrible..

Oct 2, 2013

§3 - Respect & Fairplay

I completely agree with you.

AustriaClemensor

Jun 9, 2014
Vienna
I just checked for past torunaments and rules in this kind of variation go back to as far as CoT 2013 (maybe earlier, but thats what i found)and have been in every major tourney since. Starting a discussion about it now is odd

Unknownthepitzaboy

May 27, 2010
bangalore, india

UnknownMaSmOrRa

Halberdier
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2012
These kind of situations can very often be really tricky to decide, but this is definitely not one of them.

Honestly, this is as clear as it gets: Hera was just passing by, he didn't sit under TC; CL clearly garrisons his vills with the intent of killing Hera's passing villager. Under these rules, that's forbidden, AW called.

Great job by the Admins once more, making the hard decision and not backing away from being consistent.

ArgentinaNicov

Apr 27, 2012
Voobly
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak

I feel quite surprised seeing this comment coming from someone who played 10000 nomads. You know very well that losing a vil to one TC that early in the game is something completely unavoidable and it just puts you in a very bad situation. It's a big issue in casual nomad games and this rule prevent such unfair thing happening in tournaments.

AustriaClemensor

Jun 9, 2014
Vienna
I just checked for past torunaments and rules in this kind of variation go back to as far as CoT 2013 (maybe earlier, but thats what i found)and have been in every major tourney since. Starting a discussion about it now is odd
you mean the 3min 30 sec rule or villi fight in nomad is disallowed in general?
I was speaking generally about rules regarding early vill fighting and killing, since flu stated "you should be able to kill vills with tc at any moment" and I responded to yours because you seemed to agree.

United StatesInfluenza

Well Known Pikeman
Jul 7, 2011

I feel quite surprised seeing this comment coming from someone who played 10000 nomads. You know very well that losing a vil to one TC that early in the game is something completely unavoidable and it just puts you in a very bad situation. It's a very lame issue in nomad and this rule prevent such unfair thing happening.
I agree, it is often unavoidable to lose vills to enemy TC on nomad. But it's similarly unavoidable at 4:00, 5:00, and afterwards as well. Why put in place a ~30 second window in which the game will completely end if you kill a vil? Is a vil so much more valuable at 3:15 compared to 3:45? Nope

CanadaTheOtherChris

Known Member
Feb 8, 2013
Voobly
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
imo if you get a sheep stolen and you cant steal it back killing it is reasonable
and I agree with nicov on killing vils with tc. no amount of skill can save your vil if you go into an enemy tc

I agree, it is often unavoidable to lose vills to enemy TC on nomad. But it's similarly unavoidable at 4:00, 5:00, and afterwards as well. Why put in place a ~30 second window in which the game will completely end if you kill a vil? Is a vil so much more valuable at 3:15 compared to 3:45? Nope
because you generally have all your vils at your tc by 3:30 after that if you go exploring and lose a vil thats kinda more the players fault

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ToA Swiss R3: Fight for Gold Bracket
Sunday 14:00 (GMT +02:00)
ACCM+VNS_Cool -VS- DraCoNT+TeRRoR
ToA Coaches vs Lord DauT and Edie
Sunday 15:00 (GMT +02:00)
Coaches vs Lord DauT + Edie
King of the Hippo 5