AlgernonR
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
If anyone has any feedback to give regarding the maps Eastern Coastline or Riverbed, currently in the map pool for the SEA event in ECL you can post such thoughts here.

DenmarkChrazini

Longswordman
Dec 31, 2013
Denmark
Voobly
Chrazini
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Refresh my memory - who made these amazingly amazing maps? :wink:
I especially like Eastern Coastline.

Perhaps add the screenshots here?

SwedenAlgernonR

Sep 29, 2016
Sweden
Voobly
AlgernonR
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I dont have the forum skills to pull that off. Maybe there will be an announcement thread at some point which could give such info. :wink:

I feel like the best moment to collect feedback might be during the actual event in which they are seen. Other announcement treads have been quite interesting reads for creators I think (for one reason or another). :smile:

Jun 2, 2014
Dunno what exactly the pro-players think those map pack.
Prolly someone dislike or someone put creative stratagies out in those settings.
But, As a one viewer I'm really hype to watch variety of water based maps.
Since It's boring to watch land based maps in big tounrey nowdays.
Especially Enemy archipelago was interesting.

GermanyJineapple

Well Known Pikeman
Oct 20, 2015
aoe2sheet.info
Voobly
JineappleAOE
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Not sure if those were contest maps, but I noticed that some of the maps in the SEA stage use rice farm terrain slps, although only small parts of the map are mangrove shallows, where in most cases you wouldn't farm. In that case I think it's preferable to not have the rice farm graphics, as those don't look that good on normal land.
Something to keep in mind for future maps maybe, or maybe even these ones can be fixed.

SwedenAlgernonR

Sep 29, 2016
Sweden
Voobly
AlgernonR
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Not sure if those were contest maps, but I noticed that some of the maps in the SEA stage use rice farm terrain slps, although only small parts of the map are mangrove shallows, where in most cases you wouldn't farm. In that case I think it's preferable to not have the rice farm graphics, as those don't look that good on normal land.
Something to keep in mind for future maps maybe, or maybe even these ones can be fixed.
Agreed

United StatesT-West

Well Known Pikeman
Feb 2, 2014
Voobly
TWest
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
The map pack needs to use the same replacement terrains for all maps, it cannot selectively use rice farms for some maps and normal farms for other maps. I wanted to keep the maps identical between the map pack (which players often play to practice during random games) and the standalone maps used in the tournament. In the Africa stage I saw some confusion when the unbuildable rock terrain was a different color in the map pack and the standalone maps, and I want to avoid this confusion as much as possible.

So I could use either the normal farms in all of the maps, or the replacement farms in all of the maps. I felt that the replacement farms were more appropriate for this region, hence I used them. This certainly isn't an ideal solution though.

Last edited:

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2
Friday 18:30 (GMT +01:00)
Vivi vs JonSlow