Some applause

Switzerlandchrummi

Mar 1, 2018
I guess that was just due to the fact that zak wasnt available. btw that was also the case during the last event where t90 casted the whole day. I agree that is way better than someone else controlling the camera, but it only works if the main caster stays the same for the whole day, otherwise they would need to restart the stream so the other caster could take over.

Mar 26, 2018
agreed, caster should control camera. Than we have nice syncro. When zakk is controling the camera in 80 % its just chaos (not zakks fault) its just impractical.

Nov 20, 2017
Yes, I agree. This week was so smooth. Caster should control the camera obviously. I mean we are so used to this 'Natural' form of casting, that any deviation from it would not be a pleasant experience.

It just seems bizarre that you would makes rules for pleasant casting experience by not allowing 2 non-native casters for everyone's convenience but allow camera to be controlled by someone who is not casting! Point being that the camera thing is much more annoying than the accent thing for most of us.

There were so many incidences when the caster is talking about something , while the camera-person is trying to show something else by hovering over it because the latter thinks that is the more important talking point. This conflict is nobody's fault, and is bound to emerge when two minds are trying to control one thing.

When I and others asked it in chat during the first series, we were told that it's just not possible. But I was sure that some fix is indeed possible but just not being tried.

Well, now that we know it's possible, why go back to that now?

GermanyFlow

Well Known Pikeman
Mar 21, 2017
Well, now that we know it's possible, why go back to that now?
Ofc it always was possible. However I think the issue is that you would need to take down the stream shortly if you switch the main caster. The alternative would be as seen this weekend to have one main caster for the whole day.
But I assume Escape already thought about this possibility and dismissed it.

Nepalarchxeon

Jan 6, 2014
It's a trade off like most decisions: How hard is it to implement vs how badly do the viewers want it? If the viewers do not want it hard enough for the admins to think it needs to change, it won't change. I guess we keep giving feedback :smile:

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
I honestly don't mind whoever controls the camera. If it is not done by the caster, there usually are a few situations where I find the disconnect between camera and voice odd, but that is not enough to actually impact the viewing experience for me.

However, if the system should be kept with different people controlling the camera, I would highly prefer if all casters then align on what visual mods they use. That makes it look more professional overall and is less confusing for casual viewers if they are immediately able to recognize buildings etc. @EscapeAoE

Jul 30, 2017
I really like to have a separate camera man. It just adds another 2 eyes to look out for something interesting stuff to happen. That way you can see, what Zak shows you without missing what the casters are seeing at the same moment :smile: And Zak does an awesome job pointing out different stuff (like researched techs, ressources and so on and adds that way information the casters are missing). I really enjoy it and hope it will stay that way :smile:

SpainMembTV

Two handed swordman
Aug 17, 2011
www.twitch.tv
1st, Nili please with those quotes i wanted jump over or under the bridge, like the meme in my channel i dont know, so negative. Titanic.

But the most important here, is so obvious that the camera/streamer must be same person, there is other reasons that zak want to controll the stream, and its absolutly understandable, honestly when i cast in escape im happy to not stream because i relax ALOT MORE, and finnish way more fresh, last sunday i was dead after 8 hours full casting, a bit more pressure because when you cast in other channel is not the same that your own channel, at least for me, because i take the casting 100% serious even if can look different.

So for me im fine with streaming controlling the camera or not doing, for me is not a big deal, and for the stream well it will matters for old viewers, and people with huge Knowledge about the game, casual and new viewers won´t even notice who control the camera or not.

About the mods graphics, well i dont think im able to cast with other mods now, because i hate how all buildings are exactly the same for almost all civilizs, even i had problems last weekend casting without music in the background, its remove me a bit of the hype im used because that background music give me motivation, :membface:

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2013
we need dave every single weekend. at least for 3 or 4 games. that guy knows the game and is fun like those real fun people. he just says "hello?" and you start laughingh. also his laughing is amazing xD

I love most of streamers, dont get me wrong, just never really heard dave on escape and man, he is just perfect for stupid persons like me 141414

Unknownmogers87

Feb 26, 2017
we need dave every single weekend. at least for 3 or 4 games. that guy knows the game and is fun like those real fun people. he just says "hello?" and you start laughingh. also his laughing is amazing xD

I love most of streamers, dont get me wrong, just never really heard dave on escape and man, he is just perfect for stupid persons like me 141414
+1. Dave is my favorite co-caster and he fits well with several 'main' casters. Hope to see him more often.

ast sunday i was dead after 8 hours full casting, a bit more pressure because when you cast in other channel is not the same that your own channel, at least for me, because i take the casting 100% serious even if can look different.
Your casting was great! thank you Memb :smile:

Mar 31, 2018
dave + nili was a huge treat. dave is like a miracle condiment that complements any caster's flavour and brings something extra out of them. if ECL continues to refine the presentation then the latter legs of the tourney will turn out amazing.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

DERAC - Quarterfinal #1
Friday 17:00 (GMT +01:00)
Tim vs BacT
DERAC - Quarterfinal #2
Friday 18:30 (GMT +01:00)
Vivi vs JonSlow
DERAC - Quarterfinal #3