- Jun 10, 2012
This year we have seen 3 random map scripting contests for Terra Nova Duos, The Resurgence and the RMS Cup 2. Not all great maps could be included in those tournaments, and even after the tournaments, still the map scripter scene is more active than ever and new interesting and competitive maps are created almost on a daily basis.
Therefore I want to host a series, assisted by @siestes, that includes some of those maps, giving the opportunity to show these maps on a high level, to test them for possible future tournament inclusions.
- Each series will be a Play All 5 on 5 different maps and take place between Monday and Thursday, starting between 10 and 15 GMT (depending on player availability), whenever there is no other (big) show match or tournament scheduled.
- The winner of a series is directly invited to defend their title in the next series (unless they wish to not do so), until max. 5 wins in a row.
RMS Series 1: Deserts
The first series map pool is planned to take place next week (August 29-September 1) and include those maps [Map pack mod will be added in a few days]:
- Nile Valley by @Xingxing
- Lençóis Maranhenses by @Huehuecoyotl22
- Canyons by @cebdos
- Circus by @LmScar12
- Kimberley Mine by @YoungPanda95
Who will play?
- Everybody can sign up. You just have to respond here with your
- aoe2.net profile link,
- Discord ID,
- rating at the time of the sign-up and
- available starting times (e. g. Monday 12-14 GMT and Wednesday 13-15 GMT).
- The two players with the highest ratings at the time of their registration will face each other.
- The prize pool will be 100 % donations**.
- The prize pool cap will be $100 per series, further donations will be used for a tournament planned to be hosted by me later this year.
- (Time accounted = between announcement and end of 1st series, then end of 2nd series.)
- If you want to contribute to the prize pool, please message me (here or Huehuecoyotl22#3717 on Discord). Donors can be included in the discussion of the map pool if they want to.
- Distribution: 25 % per player, 10 % per map win.
We hope to see you join the series as player, viewer, or scripter.