View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
4pFFA.jpg

<EDIT (version2) : gold and stone distribution was adjusted to spawn equal amount of gold/stone piles per player land. Also birds were added (the birds' Line of Sight has been reduced to 0, so they don't affect how boars or wolves chase your villagers)>

I'd like to share this map I made.
It is competible with both AOC(+userpatch 1.5) and WololoKingdoms. It does not work on HD, or without userpatch version1.5.

The map looks like something that would be included in a megarandom pack, and like many of those maps, it is a fun map to play both competitive or casual.

All players are connected through the middle. A circle of beach terrain in the water, allows placement of additional docks, and passage of land units.
Boats can sail on all the types of water, and can even sail through the amphibious terrains (the beach and shallows) .
Elevation in the water further enhances strategic gameplay. In team games, teammates share lands. This mapscript uses Userpatch for Quality of life improvement and full gamemode competability (regicide, king of the hill, capture the relic)

There are a lot of (new) scripting tricks used to make this map free of bugged resources, and playable as many game modes:

resources:
  • 4 starting sheep are automatically found from start
  • golds and stones will never spawn directly next to a forest, so bugged gold/stones will not be a problem on this map.
  • no birds, since they affect boar lures
  • fair fish distribution
  • 1 relic per player, and an additional 3 relics in the middle. (still 5 relics in 1v1, but number scales up with players, with a maximum of 11relics in an 8 player game). Relic distribution over the map is very fair.
deathmatch, regicide, capture the relics:
  • sheep, deer, boar and stragglers are removed for death-match
  • to play this map as regicide to combine with other game modes like King of the Hill, select LOW_RESOURCES as starting resources, and select king of the hill (or any other mode you like) as gamemode.
  • to play this map as Capture the Relic, select Relic victory (WololoKingdoms only)

read more here:
https://aoe2map.net/map/e9dc6a52-2f3c-443b-b364-fa537b455b83

1v1 1v1.jpg

3v3
3v3.jpg

Three relics in the middle
AOK036.png

Regicide start (this screenshot was taken when starting a game of Regicide+KotH, which was done by selecting starting resources: LOW and gamemode: King of the Hill, in the game lobby)
AOK037.png

Capture the Relic start. The monastery is invincible, and can't even be deleted. There is only one relic (in the middle) which triggers victory if it is taken to your monastery. To select Capture the Relic, select 'Relics' under victory conditions)
AOK038.png

playing Capture the Relics + Regicide combo on AOC (dunno why thatt would be fun, but it works!)
AOK116.png

Expect more maps like these from me in the future (and maybe even a mappack)

- Henk

Attachments

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2017
Netherlands
Voobly
HenkDeSuperNerd
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I love everything about it - except the new trend of removing birds altogether. I really don't think that's the right solution, but great job!
was a bit lazy on that actually :P
might add birbs and remove their Line of Sight (just like I adjusted the LOS of inisible objects in the forests that keep gold and stone piles away :P)

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
I don't know enough about map scripting to understand any potential implications of your way of keeping gold and stone away from the forest, but if that lowers the chance of bugged maps, I think this could be a great thing to implement in other maps.

Regarding this map, could be fun, especially depending on how the land/water balance turns out. Looks amazing, thats for sure!

Netherlandsnimanoe

Knight
Bronze Supporter
Jan 15, 2014
Looks pretty fun, although it seems that it's not the most fair map considering the south person only gets 4 tiles of stone while the east person gets 18! tiles.
Also agreed with Chrazini about the birds #savethebirds

Feb 5, 2017
Netherlands
Voobly
HenkDeSuperNerd
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I love everything about it - except the new trend of removing birds altogether. I really don't think that's the right solution, but great job!
Looks pretty fun, although it seems that it's not the most fair map considering the south person only gets 4 tiles of stone while the east person gets 18! tiles.
Also agreed with Chrazini about the birds #savethebirds
Thanks for the feedback :smile:

I added birds (with 0 Line of Sight, so they still won't influence boar/wolves chasing-behaviour)

I also updated the gold/stone spawns:
Lazy me used a gold/stone generation of random land maps. However, since players are seperated by water it is crucial that golds/stones are distributed evenly over the player lands, instead of being spread around the map randomly.

Thus I decided to spawn 1 extra gold/stone pile per player, which will spawn far away on their player land. This distance is ~35-50 tiles away; depending on the size of the player lands (in an 8 player FFA the islands are smaller so the distance of the extra gold/stone to TC will be smaller too, to prevent these resources from failing to spawn.
I also put the main, secondary and tertiary gold piles, and the main and secondary stone piles closer to the player land to make a clearer distinction between those 'standard player resources' and the 'neutral' gold.

Each player will now have:
- one 'main gold pile' of 7 tiles (closest to the TC)
- one 'secondary' and one 'tertiary' gold pile, both of 4 tiles (medium-far distance to TC)
- one ' main stone pile' of 5 tiles (closest to the TC)
- one 'secondary stone pile' of 4 tiles (medium-far distance to TC)
- one 'neutral' gold pile of 3 tiles (very far from TC)
- one 'neutral' stone pile of 3 tiles (very far from TC)

I think this is enough resources. If it turns out more gold/stone is needed I can add one more of these 'neutral' piles.

minimap_2p(CtR)_indicated.jpg
minimap_8p.jpg

Last edited:

Netherlandsgmischa

Known Member
Oct 21, 2013
Voobly
gmischa
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
#savethebirds trending already. I have actually only seen 2 games in my life in which birds in which relevant so it shouldnt be a big deal. Great job anyway!

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

ECL SE Asia 1v1 MbL vs Zuppi
Tuesday 14:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 MbL vs Zuppi

Age Of Empires On Twitch

There are in total 33 streamers online
Click here for details
Age of Empires II 384 viewers