R3 - [TyRanT]DauT vs [TyRanT]JorDan_23

Jun 15, 2008
Millo has some great points. There is no need to remove prize pool to implement that. For example, if there are 5 games per match, i will tell an example. Group Arabia civs into 3 tiers - the top civs, the middle civs, and the bottom civs. Then for game 1, restrict the civs to top tier. Game 2, you do it with the 2nd tier, and game 3 with botttom tier. Then the next 2 games with water maps with restricted civs again. This is just an example.

Why would you want to remove the prize pool for this to be effective? In the current format which boast of like 15 different maps u may see only 3 civs used 90% of time, and 2 more civs maybe take up the rest 10%. If you restrict the maps, infact you can get more variety by classifying civs, and restricting them.

Jan 31, 2010
Norway
Depends what the tournament is aiming for. If it is aiming to make good games, put a prize pool and put fun civs and fun maps, but I just don't feel that it would be like... real ?

I feel that with GML you have 8 of the very best, and you want them to play their best and execute as flawless play as possible, meaning they should be allowed to use the best civs as they wish in order to do their best, and you don't get the same with forcing Koreans war on Salt marsh(I know it's the worst example, but still 11). Just my opinion.

If there was another tourney created with more interesting setts, sure thing, I would sign up and have fun I bet, but it wouldn't be the same thing as competing at the highest level with the best civs.

Sep 21, 2011
How about if you pick hun, mong, aztc, mayan and win you get 2 points
if you pick goth, teut, spain, celt and win you get 3 point
and if you win arabia with korea you get 4 points :P

P.S I am not serious.

Apr 2, 2011
the fun of this tourney is not the type of the recs is to know how are the best as viper said, pushing harder and trying the best with the civ u think is better for you.. and i think this tourney that is precisely the goal of this tourney who is the best of the grand masters. So im fine with that, i just would want they more trained, maybe knowing a very good prize, dont know but all of them in their peak level.

Apr 5, 2010
simples fact is...we r bored with mayans, huns and viks war...they suck big time now....would like to see some variety....daut died...thats' the only interesting thing in these game :P

Jun 21, 2010
arena game was interesting, migra game was just a waste, it was over after 6-7min.
i dont like migra at all in such a top level tournament, same with islands/teamislands. its just deadly boring to watch and there is no really legit room for any other strategy, so whoever executes better is the winner

Apr 14, 2010
Have to agree with Millo, and Carlos idea is fantastic. Those maps from GML emphasizes too much the micromanagement (the one who makes the same strategy better is the one who wins), but most interesting about this game is the macromanagement, decisions making the difference, so it's better to see the players more variable facing, so we can see the experts explore new strategies under newer situations, that would be a lot more fun, and would exploit other potentials in the players, a good players should also react better in uncommon situations, not just do always the same thing every time more perfect... what expectators want to see is invention, thats what gives the most exciting games.

However i think Jordan won arena not only because micromanagment, he won because his strategy was better, even if DauT wasn't as lucky, he wouldnt had 3 relics inside his base. Jordan took relics for a further advantage, and at same time he took map control, because DauT let him do that. DauT should ve taken the offensive in the west, there was two periferical/vulnerable gold piles, and one stone, DauT had most relics so he should ve pushed that side, and that would ve guaranteed an advantage over Jordan.

Unlike fortress, Jordan won migration with pure micromanagment, and thats the kind of games we don't want to see.

I like GML, but if there were more variables in the matches the tournament would be a lot more fun.

However i have to say that GML is an excelent example of how to play those maps and civilizations and also what not to do (in such level of play it's easy to see the precise reason one of the player lost).

Unknownffmoz

Mar 21, 2012
Oh my god, drop already that idea about 'being more fun', its not suppose to be fun. There's money involved, its suppose to deliver to community high class matches and that's all!
Or are you really waiting for some weird korean tower rush when there is 500USD in the match let's say? c'mon, stop being dumb for choice.

Sep 21, 2011
Apr 14, 2010
Ask that sponsors.

quote="ffmoz"]Or are you really waiting for some weird korean tower rush when there is 500USD in the match let's say?[/quote]

Yes

ffmoz said:
stop being dumb for choice.
Could you replace that statement for some valid argument?

ffmoz said:
its suppose to deliver to community high class matches and that's all!
I know, but man there is 16 civilizations and like 20 random maps over there, so highclass you mean use only 3 civilizations and 3 maps all the time?.

I know that mb the sponsors have their own reasons for hosting a tournament, but still they might consider the popular opinion, im not sure if my opinion is popular, but yours is? Please stop being so arrogant.

Oct 18, 2011
simples fact is...we r bored with mayans, huns and viks war...they suck big time now....would like to see some variety....daut died...thats' the only interesting thing in these game :P
Most people who are complaining about civs are probably 1600-1800... Not every game is same even with mayans... If people are just looking for "different" recs with retarded settings then they should host their own tournaments... any 2k+ player won't ever vote for koreans in a tournament..
people who say that koreans war or on retarded maps are those who will get knocked out in a tournament in first round....... If you see daut vs jordan arena game and see the game play instead of getting frustrated with mayans, you will learn many things...

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Bluewolf Showmatch ($10) Episode 2
Saturday 12:30 (GMT +01:00)
TheHappyBoar vs PaperHades
DeZu's showmatch $100 TheYo vs Lyx, full 7 games
Saturday 14:00 (GMT +01:00)
TheYo vs Lyx showmatch
ECL South East Asia 3v3 Ro8