Poll - Who will be in the semifinals of KOTD2?

Choose the four players that you think will pass

• TheViper - Yo | Liereyy - Fat_Dragon

• TheViper - Yo | Liereyy - Yinghua

• TheViper - Yo | MBL - Fat_Dragon

• TheViper - Yo | MBL - Yinghua

• TheViper - Lyx | Liereyy - Fat_Dragon

• TheViper - Lyx | Liereyy - Yinghua

• TheViper - Lyx | MBL - Fat_Dragon

• TheViper - Lyx | MBL - Yinghua

• Tatoh - Yo | Liereyy - Fat_Dragon

• Tatoh - Yo | Liereyy - Yinghua

• Tatoh - Yo | MBL - Fat_Dragon

• Tatoh - Yo | MBL - Yinghua

• Tatoh - Lyx | Liereyy - Fat_Dragon

• Tatoh - Lyx | Liereyy - Yinghua

• Tatoh - Lyx | MBL - Fat_Dragon

• Tatoh - Lyx | MBL - Yinghua

Results are only viewable after voting.

UnknownLittle_Jacob

Oct 23, 2017
Well, yeah, vivi did loose at first round in the last edition. ACCM was on fire. But yeah vivi is playing super rigid these days.

Netherlandsrustyknivess

Known Member
Aug 10, 2014
Voobly
Vorona
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Vouching for lovecheng vs viper finals. A lot of people sleep on lovecheng. Lyx vs the viper in semi finals gonna be awesome too.

Mbl's late game has really improved a lot. I remember him struggling vs stark in an Arena tournament.

Honestly it's hard to say who's gonna make the semi finals. I can see Tatoh beating Viper, Mbl beating Lierrey and the Chinese matches could go either way lol.

Either way quality tournament! It's rare for me to have watched all the matches. Lyx vs TheMax was insane!

Netherlandsrustyknivess

Known Member
Aug 10, 2014
Voobly
Vorona
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Does that mean F1re and DauT aren't top 16 in the world?
Hmmm on top of my head I can only think of the following in the top 10: Viper, Yo, Lierreyy, TheMax, Mbl, Lyx, Tatoh, Vivi, BacT and Nicov

DauT should definetly be top 16 since he's seeded 6th for KOTD. I dont know how active F1re is but he lost to Riut without winning a game. Might be that Riut knows F1re's playstyle really well.

The Top 16 keep shifting aside of the very top 5 players (Viper, Yo, Lierrey, TheMax, Mbl).

It's hard to judge on a 32 settings tournament with a single elimination who's top 16 and who's not.

Unknown_Andrew

Longswordman
Jan 2, 2013
Hmmm on top of my head I can only think of the following in the top 10: Viper, Yo, Lierreyy, TheMax, Mbl, Lyx, Tatoh, Vivi, BacT and Nicov

DauT should definetly be top 16 since he's seeded 6th for KOTD. I dont know how active F1re is but he lost to Riut without winning a game. Might be that Riut knows F1re's playstyle really well.

The Top 16 keep shifting aside of the very top 5 players (Viper, Yo, Lierrey, TheMax, Mbl).

It's hard to judge on a 32 settings tournament with a single elimination who's top 16 and who's not.
Since when are TheMax and MBL established top-5 players? I have to see a lot more from both before I go that far.

Finlandbuhanisson

Longswordman
May 29, 2015
Since when are TheMax and MBL established top-5 players? I have to see a lot more from both before I go that far.
I think mbl is surely close enough, but yeah, considering that TheMax has never won anything, and again basically didnt win a single serious match in kotd2, its kinda weird to consider him such an established choice.

Netherlandsrustyknivess

Known Member
Aug 10, 2014
Voobly
Vorona
View profile
Ladder
RM - Team Games
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
TheMax is a solid player. I think 1v1 wise he would lose to vivi but he performs overall better than Vivi.
Who would you pick as 5th? TaToh? Even if TheMax hasn't won anything aside of the ECL 2v2 his placings has been pretty solid.

MBL top 5 is pretty obvious. especially with the performance against Nicov. Although Nicov didn't play his best at the time Mbl played great.

Another TEL (Top Expert League) would really help to know who's in top 5 and who is not. KOTD2 and NAC2 are good tournaments to prove who's the best to but TEL was perfect settings to find out who's worth it to qualify as one of the best experts at the moment.

Unknown_Andrew

Longswordman
Jan 2, 2013
TheMax is a solid player. I think 1v1 wise he would lose to vivi but he performs overall better than Vivi.
Who would you pick as 5th? TaToh? Even if TheMax hasn't won anything aside of the ECL 2v2 his placings has been pretty solid.

MBL top 5 is pretty obvious. especially with the performance against Nicov. Although Nicov didn't play his best at the time Mbl played great.

Another TEL (Top Expert League) would really help to know who's in top 5 and who is not. KOTD2 and NAC2 are good tournaments to prove who's the best to but TEL was perfect settings to find out who's worth it to qualify as one of the best experts at the moment.
I guess the only players I'm personally comfortable with saying are definitively top-5 are Viper, Lierey and Yo. After that it's kinda congested and you could make an argument for 6-8 players. So I'm not necessarily taking issue with you listing Mbl/TheMax, moreso with the description of them as "established top-5." I just think they have a lot more to prove to warrant that designation.

NetherlandsQulala

Jan 20, 2016
I feel theMax still has to prove in 1v1, especialy after getting a rank 4 out of the blue while before kotd no one even mentioned him in a top 10 let alone in top 5, and only being in a semi finale people giving him top5?

Mbl on the other hand has been pretty active in more 1v1 tournaments, beating well established players in those thournaments and finishing better, beating 4 of the 5 players in said tournaments (LotH, NAC, hiddencup, so ye imo he already proved to belong there

but i like to include also tatoh somewhere and Daut, Nicov, so a top 10 is easier :tongue:

UnknownLittle_Jacob

Oct 23, 2017
Mbl on the other hand has been pretty active in more 1v1 tournaments, beating well established players in those thournaments and finishing better, beating 4 of the 5 players in said tournaments (LotH, NAC, hiddencup, so ye imo he already proved to belong there
Yeah in 1v1 he is top 5, I think many agree on that.

NetherlandsJaimeAOC

Known Member
Feb 22, 2018
Franks
Voobly
JaimeAOC
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Sadly MbL is probably beating Liereyy, a much more interesting player that is not training enough
Well that is kinda the problem with some top players: Heart, Larry, Jordan, Slam and others have amazing potential and talent but just don't play enough. The only players I always see playing games are Viper, MBL, Tati, the Finnish and the Chinese players and they always perform well in tournaments. That is also the reason why aM got trashed so hard by TyRanT in BoA.

Jan 13, 2019
I could definitely see MBL beating Liereyy. I feel like Liereyy hasn’t really improved as much over the past year as many thought he might, and MBL could definitely pull a pretty convincing victory out of there. I’d love to see a vivi-MBL semi and then a Viper-vivi final

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

Improvement Cup 3v3 LB Semifinal
Wednesday 20:30 (GMT +01:00)
Peter sings a song vs Lunacy
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Friday 12:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 JorDan vs Tim
Improvement Cup 4v4 WB Final