AOE-II Patrol without attacking buildings

AustriaDeathcounter

Well Known Pikeman
Oct 15, 2017
docs.google.com
Now that the community has successfully slightly noobified AoC with MQ, i wonder if we could go one step further: Would it be possible to get a patrol button which completly ignores Buildings, i often just patrol in and if i kill the first army, usual my army sticks with houses or any other buildings and arent were i want them to be, so i was curious if we could get that feature.

MexicoSouFire

Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
Im sick of that, who is forcing everyone to play MQ?
Is this your fault zeroempires??

Spring is all the time asking, can you please enable MQ? what the hell...we the voobly plebs are not playing tournaments, mq is a waste of time for most players because they don't even know it exist or what it is, only players from STEAM, it is a big disadvantage in lower levels, if the tournaments are going to keep getting hosted with MQ then force all voobly players to use it, but keep in mind it is a big waste of time for old players to keep pressing all buildings, learning to use ctrl in buildings instead of army groups.

I don't know who is behind of this, but certainly it was so selfish, most players on voobly have been 1500 or less for decades (yeah there is no motivation to improve) and thanks to the few, they all have to learn to play with MQ or simply keep wasting time and efforts by pressing and looking into to the buildings to create army, good job.

MQ is bad in general, since it removes macro skills and it affects the learning process on both sides of the coin, if its on then it is bad for those who don't know what it isand a disadvantage, if it is off bad for those who have get used to it which will end as an excuse, we can not continue like that so MQ should be forced to everyone or simply stop using it.

GermanyAkeNo

Known Member
Sep 18, 2016

Spring is all the time asking, can you please enable MQ? what the hell...we the voobly plebs are not playing tournaments, mq is a waste of time for most players because they don't even know it exist or what it is, only players from STEAM, it is a big disadvantage in lower levels, if the tournaments are going to keep getting hosted with MQ then force all voobly players to use it, but keep in mind it is a big waste of time for old players to keep pressing all buildings, learning to use ctrl in buildings instead of army groups.

I don't know who is behind of this, but certainly it was so selfish, most players on voobly have been 1500 or less for decades (yeah there is no motivation to improve) and thanks to the few, they all have to learn to play with MQ or simply keep wasting time and efforts by pressing and looking into to the buildings to create army, good job.

MQ is bad in general, since it removes macro skills and it affects the learning process on both sides of the coin, if its on then it is bad for those who don't know what it isand a disadvantage, if it is off bad for those who have get used to it which will end as an excuse, we can not continue like that so MQ should be forced to everyone or simply stop using it.
Honestly can't tell if sarcasm or serious, gj

Nov 28, 2010
San Diego, CA
www.lclan.com
Having MQ enabled does not affect SQ players at all, it only affects players who know its MQ and are using their hotkeys differently. If the game gets changed to SQ when players use MQ functions, then it ruins their hotkeys sooo MQ enabled is fine for everyone while SQ enabled hurts 1 side.

Tournaments are using MQ which means some experts changed their hotkey setups to adapt and use it.

Chilezuviss

Two handed swordman
Mar 14, 2010
yeah it was Zak's fault for making MQ the standard for ECL, then other tourneys copied those settings. then lower rated people and noobs wanna copy the pros thinking it will make a difference LUL, i only host rooms with SQ and if the ****er asks for MQ i kick them.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018
Zak didn't do anything besides choosing the settings for one tournament - it just turned out that most pros like the MQ setting. Together with this, more and more players coming from HD to voobly want to play MQ, so we have a move from the top and from the bottom towards MQ, and I predict that relatively soon most games will be played with MQ and people who insist on SQ will find it increasingly difficult to find games.

Germanydodageka

Longswordman
Feb 13, 2018

Stop whining and adjust to reality

Jun 30, 2013
Having MQ enabled does not affect SQ players at all, it only affects players who know its MQ and are using their hotkeys differently. If the game gets changed to SQ when players use MQ functions, then it ruins their hotkeys sooo MQ enabled is fine for everyone while SQ enabled hurts 1 side.

Tournaments are using MQ which means some experts changed their hotkey setups to adapt and use it.
Why do you need different hotkeys for SQ and MQ? Where is the difference?

Feb 16, 2016
Netherlands
www.reddit.com

Im pretty sure youve tried to defend sq by saying it particularly effects low lever players and particularly affect high level players at this point 11

MexicoSouFire

Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
Stop whining and adjust to reality
Reality for whom for 32 pro players forced to use it?
or for the thousand of players that don't even know what it is.

What spring says is not true, because a player that only knows SQ will lose time by doing everything manually while his opponent can take a big advantage and focus on other stuff, and if it is off the player now used to MQ is gonna cry and leave the game coff coff.

MexicoSouFire

Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
Im pretty sure youve tried to defend sq by saying it particularly effects low lever players and particularly affect high level players at this point 11
Yes, the last part resumes it, im not against to playability improvements but it has a big impact in the gameplay for both players for the ones that do not know what it is and for those who are used to it but have to play SQ games, it is a mess.

ItalyLaskerf

Known Member
Nov 9, 2016
Voobly
Laskerf
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
I was wondering, can we get a special patrol hotkey that ignores rams? Nobody wants to shoot arrows at rams and it's so annoying when the opponent makes them just as a meat shield, which is not their intended purpose anyways and basically a glitch.

Having it enabled does not affect the players who choose not to use it at all, they can just play normally as we do now... it just affects the guys who want it and can't just make mass archers against siege ram compositions ad stuff.

You guys forced me to change my hotkeys massively when I came from hd just to make SQ work at all and now you suddenly decide that MQ is ok and should be standard just because zack forces 20 pros to use it in all the tournaments? It's not how it works, you wanted your shitty SQ now you play with it, and I'll host SQ till I die.

MQ is for noobs :mad:

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018
What spring says is not true, because a player that only knows SQ will lose time by doing everything manually while his opponent can take a big advantage and focus on other stuff, and if it is off the player now used to MQ is gonna cry and leave the game coff coff.
The thing you are missing is that a player used to SQ could play with MQ enabled and everything would be as he expected it to be. He would of course be slightly slower, but everything is as expected.
On the other hand, whenever a player plays SQ while thinking its MQ, he could end up producing units out of only one of his X buildings and have a way bigger disadvantage without knowing it

Mexicomalamadre

Known Member
Jul 15, 2014
Dont have on MQ. If game is litle bit easier we can get TGs that are more fun because level is closer.

Or what? Do you preffer having a suck ass pocket that cant span paladin properly and you die after carrying all game?

MexicoSouFire

Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
Dont have on MQ. If game is litle bit easier we can get TGs that are more fun because level is closer.

Or what? Do you preffer having a suck ass pocket that cant span paladin properly and you die after carrying all game?
If your pocket can't span paladins that's most likely because he is a bad player, not because he has all the production in one stable lol, and also lacks of economics and macromanagement, like i said he must be a bad player.

MexicoSouFire

Mar 11, 2011
Mexico
OP is asking about patrol and the tread is about SQ and MQ. Classic.
You are right but that would be overkill, so the best he can try is to switch patrol mode to the default one by pressing ctrl+f1 or see what patrol system works better for him.

BelarusOLADUSHEK

Mar 30, 2016
Belarus, Minsk
rusaoc.ru
Voobly
OLADUSHEK
View profile
Ladder
RM - 1v1
Rating
Wins
Losses
Streak
Reality for whom for 32 pro players forced to use it?
or for the thousand of players that don't even know what it is.

You know nothing 1111
Millions of players moved from HD to Voobly and they know and use MQ all their life. AoE is not about spam the buttons!

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

RTS AOR Clan League - 3rd Place Match Replay
Wednesday 16:00 (GMT +01:00)
RTS AOR Clan League - 3rd Place Match Replay
KotD2 Special Interview - Hera
Thursday 19:30 (GMT +01:00)
Special interview with Hera.
Talk of the Empire - 2018 Recap
Thursday 21:00 (GMT +01:00)
w/ Nili, Zak & T90
T90Official's 24 Hour Stream
Saturday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
feat Liereyy, Vivi, Spirit Of The Law, MBL, & More.
ECL East Asia 2v2
Saturday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL East Asia 2v2
Willis 24 Hour into Christmas Eve Stream!
Sunday 13:00 (GMT +01:00)
Willis 24 Hour Stream!
24 Hour Holiday Stream!
December 27th 18:00 (GMT +01:00)
24 Hour Stream (twitch.tv/nerdragequit)
Spring vs PROject_Belgium Bo21 $550 Showmatch
December 29th 16:00 (GMT +01:00)
Spring vs PROject_Belgium Bo21
Rusaoc Cup 22 - Deadly Forest 1v1
December 30th 11:00 (GMT +01:00)
Rusaoc Cup 22 - Deadly Forest 1v1
EscapeTV Mystery Event - Day 1