Good Evening, fellow AoeZoners! I am closing up my first tournament as a host ever, with 1v1 Nomad starts only. Now it is time to bring my other AOE 2 passion to the table, this time accommodating the 1000-1800 1v1 ELO range, in different brackets, and with a modest prize pool at that.
There will also be a side event: 16 players, single elimination Bo3 - Arabia random civ only! Open ELO, first come, first serve. Trolling encouraged.
Prize pool may be subject to change, as 50 % of all donations and subs will go into the final prize pool!
The overall theme of the main event is open maps, hopefully to bring lots of action-packed games.
Signups are open at Akkal’s discord: https://discord.gg/Wbzy2VSrKV
All games to be cast at https://www.twitch.tv/akkalno *
*Depending on number of participants, if we get a lot, I might not be able to cast all.
- Arabia (First game always, can not be picked as HM)
- Serengeti (Standard DE version)
- Acropolis (DE version)
- Kilimanjaro (DE version)
- RBW3_Sacred Springs
Settings. Standard RM, see my discord and #info for more info on settings and maps and other info updates.
Starting rounds: Best of 3
Semi final: Best of 5
Final: Best of 7
- No rules on laming, except for straggler trees around enemy TC. Straggler trees that form part of a wall may still be removed and hopped through by the enemy.
- 1 restart per player per BO3 set, has to happen before minutes 4 in-game
- 2 restarts per player per BO5 and BO7 set, has to happen before 4 minutes in-game.
- NO SMURFING: Players will be seeded according to an average of current and max 1v1 ELO. Any participant must have 30 1v1 games played before the signup deadline at January 25th. This is to ensure that a rough estimate of the player’s skills can be validated, and to eliminate smurf accounts’ potential.
The tournament will start at February 1st, or as soon as brackets have been released. The timeline is subject to change, depending on the number of players signing up, but as a general rule, will last from Feb 1st – March 7th.
Round 1: Feb 1st – 7th
Round 2: Feb 8th – 15th
Round 3: Feb 15th – 22nd
Round 4: Feb 22nd – 28th
Round 5: Mar. 1st – 7th
As the tournament's initial rounds will be cast from recorded games, any round may be pre-played until the semis / finals, as long as the recorded games are kept hidden, and sent to Akkal by private message.
Hope to see you around for this open map tournament!