NoDesertPatch (by pG_plexiq_)

Mar 13, 2010
Bor, Serbia
Green Desert -_-

Info: This mod slightly modifies desert terrain, changing dirt to grass. For example, Arabia map terrain looks like Green Arabia. It does not change the color on the minimap, though.

DOWNLOAD: » "NoDesertPatch.zip" (29 KB)

Installation: Unzip the archive to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\DATA" and run "greendesert.bat". To uninstall (change back to original graphics) run "undo_greendesert.bat".

Attachments

Unknownwhack

Aug 12, 2011
No it shouldnt affect it. I used to have xp as well and used it on that, Im pretty sure that was the most used OS around the time that this came out. I have pwood, no snow, and green desert right now and its fine.

UnknownnoDoubt

Mar 23, 2012
is there a patch o sth that changes the minimap also? if u watch streams u can see them playing arabia almost never on desert?! (including minimap - everything is green)

Sep 21, 2011
It would be a great idea if someone can just upload a graphics.drs / terrain.drs file that is already patched with No Snow + Bamboo lover + No desert patch, for those who can't make this to work.

Sep 21, 2011
It worked for me though, what you have to do is copy-paste terrain.drs or graphics.drs file ( whichever has to be patched ) to some other folder rather than program filesx86 then after being patched, copy paste them to appropriate directory back.

It is recomended to run the program in command prompt if you've problem, as you'll be able to see the error message which otherwise closes too fast for anyone to read if run in windows.

Aug 9, 2012
pls if someone can help me out with gettin this to work id really love you.

i think i have aoc installed in multiple spots or something....but i cannot for the life of me, get this to work!!!

help!!!!!♥

Aug 9, 2012
if it helps...i know i could NEVER get bamboo to work, i did get pussywood to work but i have no idea how or why...it is not in my aoc folder...i know i did this YEARS ago...ive tried to search system for pussywood file to see if there is folder somewhere that my aoc is going thru but no luck. it seems my computer hides certain files from me...i dont have an external harddrive or x86 or watever...but some files are just hidden lol...im a mess here. -.- i really wud love to get this patch to work!

Oct 22, 2010
If you're on Win7, do the following:

Click Start> Search > (type: uac)> select "Change User Account Control Settings"> Never Notify

I believe you'll need to reboot after this, but once you've done it, install the patch.

Time

Your time
G M T
Your zone

Upcoming Events

NAC2 - Grand Finals
Sunday 14:00 (GMT +01:00)
TheViper vs TaToH
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Lyx vs St4rk
Sunday 15:00 (GMT +01:00)
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Lyx vs St4rk
ECL SE Asia 1v1 Hera vs Villese